May i know where to get pregnant swimwear??

angelwendy

Hi all mummy & MTB.. may i know where to get pregnant swimwear..?? cause i wanna go swimming but my swimwear is getting tight.. so i wanna buy... can someone intro me?? but not too ex cause dont wanna spend so much on that..:001_302: thanks

hihi,
i bought one at kiddy palace at Marina Square. it is located next to Mothercare... bought at about $70+ but during sales period, you can get it at $50+. Enjoy ur swim... Bought mine but still have not time to go swimming.

angelwendy

hihi,
i bought one at kiddy palace at Marina Square. it is located next to Mothercare... bought at about $70+ but during sales period, you can get it at $50+. Enjoy your swim... Bought mine but still have not time to go swimming.
haha.. ok.. i will go check it out... cause next week i'm going bintan with hubby so wanna buy so hurry.... hee... thanks:001_302:

karoru

i wear free size bikini when i am pregnant, coz don want to waste it after pregnancy... i brought at only $20plus in far east plaza, very nice and cheap... you can consider...

iwan2noe

i wear free size bikini when i am pregnant, coz dont want to waste it after pregnancy... i brought at only $20plus in far east plaza, very nice and cheap... you can consider...
Hi karoru,

Whiuch particular shop did u visit to get the free size bikini ?

karoru

Hi karoru,

Whiuch particular shop did you visit to get the free size bikini ?
opos, sori!!! i forgot the shop name but i remember it is near the ladies coz i saw the shop after i came out from ladies... my hubby said that should be first floor...

redjn

should be able to find them in mothercare (which too costly so not advisable), kiddy Palace, Kids Mall (in IMM) Tom & Stephanie.

karoru

i can't wear bikini.. cause i think ppl saw me will faint.. haha not because too sexy.. is because see all the FATS.. haha....:001_302:
no worries about the fat, angelwendy mummy... pregnant women are meant to be admired and are the most beautiful... i think it is also a time when we do not need to be so conscious about wearing bikini... try it... you will love it.. and remember to snap a foto for memories...

angelwendy

no worries about the fat, angelwendy mummy... pregnant women are meant to be admired and are the most beautiful... i think it is also a time when we do not need to be so conscious about wearing bikini... try it... you will love it.. and remember to snap a foto for memories...

hee ya lor... i might try.. :001_302: but my tummy dont reali look like pregnant woman tummy... more like fats tummy.. so people might not knw that i'm pregnant.. hee

angelwendy

Thanks to all the mummy... i just got my swimwear today @ kiddy palace.. but is a bit ex... $79..90. but it look quite sweet... n look like a dress... hee... very happy.. tomorrow going bintan swimming...:Dancing_wub:

iwan2noe

Thanks to all the mummy... i just got my swimwear today @ kiddy palace.. but is a bit ex... $79..90. but it look quite sweet... n look like a dress... hee... very happy.. tomorrow going bintan swimming...:Dancing_wub:
Great angel wendy! =)
is it a 2 piece suit?
I also thinking of getting it so that i can go for swimming =P

babytan

quite expensive le, i have those like tankini, but not sure if i am still able to fit in!! lemming for swimming...hmmm btw, any1 joining the aquafitness organised by KKH? $120 for 4 sessions seem exp but looks fun ahahahah:Dancing_tongue:

iwan2noe

Hi for mtbs looking for swim wear, u may try SPRING maternity. I saw some variety at AMK hub branch of SPRING maternity. :)

Think $60+ for the one i was looking at just now =P

cocraze

Hi all mummy & MTB.. may i know where to get pregnant swimwear..?? cause i wanna go swimming but my swimwear is getting tight.. so i wanna buy... can someone intro me?? but not too ex cause dont wanna spend so much on that..:001_302: thanks
Hi,
Oops. saw this post too late. hope you had a good time in bintan. just thought I'd share my experience anyway. I also bought a new piece of swimwear in first trimester when old one was getting too tight, so I just bought a larger sized one. But when I reached about 25 weeks, the bump was getting too big, and swimwear being stretchable, kept my bump very tight.

Also, I figured that as I was quite a not-exercise person, swimming was the ONLY exercise option. Besides, we can swim all the way til 3rd trimester without worrying about whether baby affected or our bulging weight getting in the way.

I chanced upon a Triumph 2-piece swimsuit at Takashimaya Dept Store when I was looking for good buys before their anniversary sale some weeks back. Original price was $149, I think. But it was discounted since I had the card.

Good thing about it is that it is two piece, so the bump and hip stretches do not pull on the single piece of swimwear. Design somewhat like halterneck bikini, but with added on 'curtains' (for lack of a better word to use). The fabric extending downwards from your bikini bra line to your waist level is slightly flared, like an A-line skirt, with a slit down in the middle front (where your linea nigra is), so that it doesn't stretch as much as normal swimsuit.

Promotor told me it was very popular with preggies cos can continue to use it even post-partum, and the design is not bad. For those of us (even non-preggies) who are shy to expose our fats/not-so-perfect tummies, the slit makes it such that we can avoid exposing our fats if we are concerned.

In the water, though, it is not much different from a bikini cos the flaps would move and raise up, exposing tummy. But it didnt bother me since I dont think anyone really gawks at our tummies UNDERWATER while swimming alongside or opposite us :001_302:

Although quite pricey, I think its a good investment cos I can use it all the way to delivery without feeling uncomfortable in larger and larger sized swimsuits, and I can use it after too!