Breast size during and after breastfeeding

moonity

Mummies, I am a first time mummy and I am about to return to work next month. I can't wear all the old bras before I was pregnant. I am now at least 2 cups bigger than before. The worst of all is the nursing bra does not give support and I don't want my breast to sag..

Can someone advise if I need to buy new bras (bigger ones with better support) since I am still breastfeeding? After I stop breastfeeding, will my breast go smaller or remain the same? Please advise.

hueychye79

Mummies, I am a first time mummy and I am about to return to work next month. I can't wear all the old bras before I was pregnant. I am now at least 2 cups bigger than before. The worst of all is the nursing bra does not give support and I dont't want my breast to sag..

Can someone advise if I need to buy new bras (bigger ones with better support) since I am still breastfeeding? After I stop breastfeeding, will my breast go smaller or remain the same? Please advise.
Moonity mummies,

Isaac is going to 6 months and I am still pump out the breast milk to feed him.

So far my breast size is upgrade to C from B and I am wearing nursing bra since I give birth because I know the breastfeeding mummies is not encourage to wear the normal bra incase got engorgement.

moonity

Actually, I hope I can breastfed my gal or as long as 6 mths.. But I dun have enough milk for her. So I guess I am trying to push myself to go more mth after another..

My engorgement will not come if I don't pump for more than 8-10hrs.. How?

hueychye79

Actually, I hope I can breastfed my gal or as long as 6 mths.. But I dont have enough milk for her. So I guess I am trying to push myself to go more month after another..

My engorgement will not come if I dont't pump for more than 8-10hrs.. How?
Good question...

Honestly speaking I didn't encounter engorgement before..

Even after 9 hrs didn't pump, I can pump out about 900ml per day and is more than enough to supply my boy.

If you want to boost up the milk supply, can purchase the sacred.

I think Natalie mummies got sell and it works for me within few hrs after I drink it.

Maybe you can try it.

PinkDiamonds

I think it would be easier to get nursing bras as they allow you easy access to nurse and pump out your milk.

I was advised against using wired bras as they are believed to cause engorgement but I haven't encountered it at all. I'm a D cup so I believe it's a must for me to have good support. Even bras with thick bands do not provide support and less than a day later, the band feels painful.

In the day I wear wired nursing bras, and I switch to the non-wired bras or leisure bras for sleep so that they can "breathe".

Nursing bras can be expensive, especially if you buy them at some maternity shops. For me I get mine from MIM as I find them quite affordable and they have a good enough range for me.

For some people their cup size goes back to pre-pregnancy size, some even smaller, while some maintain the same cup size as they had when they were breastfeeding. So it's quite hard to say whether or not your size will change once you stop.

camom

I went from C to D, E if totally engorged.

I use nursing bras, easier for me to pump at work. I am hoping to go down to C or B after my bf career is over.

sharonk

I think it would be easier to get nursing bras as they allow you easy access to nurse and pump out your milk.

I was advised against using wired bras as they are believed to cause engorgement but I have not't encountered it at all. I'm a D cup so I believe it's a must for me to have good support. Even bras with thick bands do not provide support and less than a day later, the band feels painful.

In the day I wear wired nursing bras, and I switch to the non-wired bras or leisure bras for sleep so that they can "breathe".

Nursing bras can be expensive, especially if you buy them at some maternity shops. For me I get mine from MIM as I find them quite affordable and they have a good enough range for me.

For some people their cup size goes back to pre-pregnancy size, some even smaller, while some maintain the same cup size as they had when they were breastfeeding. So it's quite hard to say whether or not your size will change once you stop.
MIM? Where is it?

annie

i was C then increased to D after i deliver my girl. was HUGE! i so miss it! lol. then slowly smaller n smaller.. now its B! hai~ smaller than before pre preggy.. n im still breastfeeding! i read tat if u breastfeed for more than 1 yr your boobs will go smaller than pre preggy... its true in my case i guess.. sob sob

allycat

i was C then increased to D after i deliver my girl. was HUGE! i so miss it! lol. then slowly smaller n smaller.. now its B! hai~ smaller than before pre preggy.. n im still breastfeeding! i read tat if u breastfeed for more than 1 yr your boobs will go smaller than pre preggy... its true in my case i guess.. sob sob
Wow, you've been BFing for almost 18 months!! I'm targetting 6 months first :D :D

camom

i was C then increased to D after i deliver my girl. was HUGE! i so miss it! lol. then slowly smaller n smaller.. now its B! hai~ smaller than before pre preggy.. n im still breastfeeding! i read that if you breastfeed for more than 1 yr your boobs will go smaller than pre preggy... its true in my case i guess.. sob sob
:) :) Liddat I still have hope that they'll become smaller after 2 years!