EDD Jan 2014

Missy10

I really dun like the feeling of surprise birth, hahhahhahaa i rather know it early so we can prepare bb thibgs, names, and when talking to them, u know how to react....

I'm at my 10th week and waiting for 2 more weeks to go by. I'm doing my Oscar test on the 10th July. I've been having very bad backaches too ... which wakes me up in the middle of the night. any idea how to improve it ? I'm having very bad cramps, so bad that i wasnt able to even walk. Any of you guys experience this ? as i though it should not be occuring much or this bad at week 10.

Peenut

Thanks alot for the update. My test is next week too and sure I will call to check again. Im also curious why too cos nobody ever mention fasting before.

Hi Lynette, ya lor I can't go without food. Once the hunger pangs sets in, I become super agitated and needs food right away! My anxious bb can't wait!

I was told that we dun haf to fast becos we are not taking glucose level but some hormones level or some blood pigments. So long it's not glucose, no fasting needed. oh yes, I dunno what is extreme hunger till I got pregnant! Haha. I'm going OSCAR tmr !!

Jasminetay: the only time my cramp was bad till I woke up was ard week 7-8. It was pain but still manageable. after that, it was just mild pulling on n off. so long no bleeding n cramp you should be fine but do u want to visit or call ur gynae for a peace of mind?

liyin

Rtal... I m only in week5 but feel tummy abit big most probably bloated... As I have gastric problems and to make things worse I m not eating well

illuz

I am at my 12th wk this wk. tmr gg for my Oscar scan, hope everything will be fine. I am thinking of a short trip too to relax, still deciding if want to travel. I have no super obvious bump at 12th wk, but at night the belly seems bigger. Wonder if its fats. Haha.
btw anyone knows if heartburn will go away after 1st trim. At times when my heartburn get bad, I took the medicine my gynae prescribed. But I still have my concern of depending on medication. I m worried if will affect bb. Anyone has advice for it? Thanks in advance.
I have bad heartburn too. So bad I can't sleep at all the whole night. But these few days slightly better, can sleep around 2am. We are about same time, think you should get better in no time. I heard it will be better in 2nd tri but will come back again in 3rd tri.

At my worse times, even medication doesn't work..

gnissim23

Hey illuz. I have bad heatburn starting to keep burping n food like cant diges try gaviscon the normal one. My gynae ask me get tt. Its also stated ok for pregnancy. U may wan try it works for me

chapter

Hi all MTBs,
where do you go for checkup? I done the first scan with Ester Ng from Mount A...but i realised she quite ex...i was thinking if the charges would be significantly cheaper if I go KK? Care to share roughly what the charges for Blood test and Oscar test?

Hi all MTBs,
where do you go for checkup? I done the first scan with Ester Ng from Mount A...but i realised she quite ex...i was thinking if the charges would be significantly cheaper if I go KK? Care to share roughly what the charges for Blood test and Oscar test?
KK I'm not sure. But Thomson charges around 300 for the oscar test according to Dr. Ang. It's optional though, a friend of mine opted not to do it.

illuz

Hey illuz. I have bad heatburn starting to keep burping n food like cant diges try gaviscon the normal one. My gynae ask me get tt. Its also stated ok for pregnancy. U may wan try it works for me
Ya I got gaviscon.. But sadly doesn't work for me :(

Peenut

KK I'm not sure. But Thomson charges around 300 for the oscar test according to Dr. Ang. It's optional though, a friend of mine opted not to do it.
Yup chiching is right. However the 300 plus also includes the detailed scan in week 20.

ladies, I'm more concerned about my weight now. Any of u lost weight? I've lost 2kg ever since my pregnancy due to heartburn n morning sickness. this is the time I dun wan to lose weight yet it did. I try to eat n I still pass motion (so it means some food is absorbed right?).

Yup chiching is right. However the 300 plus also includes the detailed scan in week 20. ladies, I'm more concerned about my weight now. Any of u lost weight? I've lost 2kg ever since my pregnancy due to heartburn n morning sickness. this is the time I dun wan to lose weight yet it did. I try to eat n I still pass motion (so it means some food is absorbed right?).
I actually shed around 1-2 pounds on my 8th week. During my 5-6th week i was at 48-49lbs, then after that when i reached 8th week, i'm back to 46-47lbs. I'm eating okay, and i'm eating more since i'm hungry after 2 hours and I don't have any MS. They said losing weight is normal especially if you have a bad MS...

Rtal

Hi all, tks for the reply. Yes I have been taking normal gaviscon. My gynae have me the advanced one but I felt super hungry after taking that so I stopped taking. Now I am taking this medicine ramitidine which my gynae said safe to take. But still trying not to depend on this so much.

peenut: I am also gg for my Oscar scan next wk.

chapter: if u go private I guess the consultation is definitely more expensive. Heard from my fren KK is cheaper but not sure about the differences. I am with Mount Elizabeth Orchard, Dr Suresh Nair. My hubby knows him so we go to him but I agree that bld test at parkway is not cheap. My first antenatal screening cost me $300++ on blood test alone.

gnissim23

my gynae say its ok for weight loss during 1st trimester. there is once I got so bad that I didn't eat anything for the whole day except for a cup of milo. he told me is ok. illuz: try taking smaller meals and more times? dun take so heavy meal suddenly.?

Rtal

Peenut: u are not alone, I am not eating well in fact much lesser than before pregnancy due to Ms and heartburn. Hence, finger cross hard hard that heartburn will go away in 2nd trim, that we may eat well and baby will grow well.

LynetteN

Hi Missy10 thank you will try when free
Hi chapter, the blood test and Oscar is priced as 1st trimester test . It is $192.53. But the clinic I going is more expensive one so other places likely to be cheaper.