EDD Jan 2014

babytazz

Mine also had blood clot during my 6th week also my first visit, but come to say my last visit with my gynae is on 18 June and next visit is 13 Aug which is my 16 weeks scan... its 2 months....
Missy: how come urs is so long? Coz ur Oscar is not done at the gynae?

Lush

mummies, can I ask you after seeing your gynae, when will be your next appointment? Mine is 1 month later but somehow I feel the wait is too long and I don't know what is happening in my stomach leh.. scare baby not growing.. choy choy!
are you seeing private or subsidised gynae? i think private gynae you can nego with your gynae if he is nice and understanding. from my understanding my appt should be once a wmonth in 2nd trim then 3rd trim will be every 2 weeks then one month before birth will be every week. but my gynae understands my history and my anxiety so instead of once a month, he allows me to see once in 3 weeks. ( 1 week of lesser waiting makes alot of difference to me ). Now i will constantly worry too as we cant feel bb kicks yet. i think once we can feel them we will feel abit better :) try not to think so much though its very hard :)

Lush

Usually is 1 month... I had spotting in 1st trimester.. So mine is every week... Dun worry.. 2nd trimester shud b quite stable liao...
Hi Lovealot , are you feeling better now? Spotting is very scary in 1st trim, i been thru weeks of hell with that with lots of progesterone and bed rest , almost went depressed! glad to have this forum here to keep me occupied :)

Lovealot

Hi Lovealot , are you feeling better now? Spotting is very scary in 1st trim, i been thru weeks of hell with that with lots of progesterone and bed rest , almost went depressed! glad to have this forum here to keep me occupied :)
I m feeling much better today.. Hoping ms will be gone soon and not deteoriate tomorrow again... Thanks 4 the concern!

I also had a lot of progesterone injection.. Twice a week through my 1st trimester... But in 2nd trimester, my gynae like not so worried.. He was more focused on my ms... Lol... Due to hyperemesis.. I hadnt report to work since 6 weeks... Dying to go back to work.. Yea.. Really glad to hav this forum to keep me occupied when i m feeling fine too~~

Was your progesterone injection too?

Missy10

babytazz:811570 said:
Mine also had blood clot during my 6th week also my first visit, but come to say my last visit with my gynae is on 18 June and next visit is 13 Aug which is my 16 weeks scan... its 2 months....
Missy: how come urs is so long? Coz ur Oscar is not done at the gynae?
Under KKH, oscar done at other dept, not by my gynae....

LynetteN

I saw a post abt eating watermelon to help with heartburn but I can't track back the post. Anyway curious to know if it is really alright to eat watermelon as there's a few people who ask me to avoid .

For headache, my obstetrician and GP did say panadol is fine. As my Fibroid seems to have worsen so Obs said it may cause severe pain in the later stage and he said Panadol may help ease the pain.

For the frequency of appointments I think maybe different Obs have different plans and may be dependent on our progress.

Lush

I m feeling much better today.. Hoping ms will be gone soon and not deteoriate tomorrow again... Thanks 4 the concern!

I also had a lot of progesterone injection.. Twice a week through my 1st trimester... But in 2nd trimester, my gynae like not so worried.. He was more focused on my ms... Lol... Due to hyperemesis.. I hadnt report to work since 6 weeks... Dying to go back to work.. Yea.. Really glad to hav this forum to keep me occupied when i m feeling fine too~~

Was your progesterone injection too?
Mine was the tablets, 3x a day for 1st trim, then i had a blood clot next to bb so had a big gush of blood, after that had 1x injection then all the way got to eat tablets, just recently got off them too. Im dying to go back to work too. Staying at home is really boring. Glad u are feeling better, all will be better soon !

Lush

I saw a post abt eating watermelon to help with heartburn but I can't track back the post. Anyway curious to know if it is really alright to eat watermelon as there's a few people who ask me to avoid .

For headache, my obstetrician and GP did say panadol is fine. As my Fibroid seems to have worsen so Obs said it may cause severe pain in the later stage and he said Panadol may help ease the pain.

For the frequency of appointments I think maybe different Obs have different plans and may be dependent on our progress.
I think in moderation is okay. cus my mil told me 'watermelon is liang" as in too cooling, and another thing to not eat so much is sesame seeds and sesame oil. i love them in cooking but its really very heaty. i ate lots of sesame chicken a few days ago and didn't feel too well after that.

LynetteN

I think in moderation is okay. cus my mil told me 'watermelon is liang" as in too cooling, and another thing to not eat so much is sesame seeds and sesame oil. i love them in cooking but its really very heaty. i ate lots of sesame chicken a few days ago and didn't feel too well after that.
Thanks very much Lush ! R u better now? Hopefully u r. I tot eating sesame is good ok think take note of your advice.

Lovealot

I found the watermelon info on the net... And it mentioned that watermelon does not cause mc.. And pretty much ate it everyday cuz i hav bad reflux... My gyne thinks itz fine as long as eaten in moderation.. But u may want to consult with your gyne first to hav a peace of mind... =)

Lovealot

Mine was the tablets, 3x a day for 1st trim, then i had a blood clot next to bb so had a big gush of blood, after that had 1x injection then all the way got to eat tablets, just recently got off them too. Im dying to go back to work too. Staying at home is really boring. Glad u are feeling better, all will be better soon !
Is it duphaston? I had to eat duphaston 3x a day on top of 2 injections per week... I think i progesterone overdose liao... Lol.. U r still off work? Hope u can go back to work soon too~ btw.. How is yr ms? Shud b gone, if not almost gone by now?

illuz

I found the watermelon info on the net... And it mentioned that watermelon does not cause mc.. And pretty much ate it everyday cuz i hav bad reflux... My gyne thinks itz fine as long as eaten in moderation.. But u may want to consult with your gyne first to hav a peace of mind... =)
Actually I quite crave fir watermelons. Maybe bcos of the high water content and it eases the funny taste in my mouth during first trimester. Most elderly would say no to watermelon but western reports say it's actually very good. I eat just 1-2 slices once or twice a week.

Lush

Thanks very much Lush ! R u better now? Hopefully u r. I tot eating sesame is good ok think take note of your advice.
haha ya alot better :) thank you , haha i didnt know at fast until i google it on the net. i think its ok to eat , just in moderation, i ate too much of it. haha :)

whomovedmycheese

Last night I had some spotting and cramp and panicked. Then I went to see my gynae this morning without appointment, coz I am going for overseas biz trip next week. But strangely he didn't find anything, no blood stain, no piles, no UTI. So to be safe, he prescribed Duphaston to be take 3 times a day till I see him 2 weeks later. Hehe my appointment was supposed to be once a month for now, but due to such scenario, I went to see my gynae. When I asked him if it's a boy or girl, he said cannot tell yet, ask me to wait till next appointment. My baby was quite active, he kept bouncing up and down that my gynae couldn't measure his heartbeat. Then he shook his head and said "kang kor".. difficult in Hokkien. Lol.

Recently I have been more tired than in 1st tri. I don't know why. I don't really like taking Duphaston coz it gives me worse MS.

Lush

Is it duphaston? I had to eat duphaston 3x a day on top of 2 injections per week... I think i progesterone overdose liao... Lol.. U r still off work? Hope u can go back to work soon too~ btw.. How is yr ms? Shud b gone, if not almost gone by now?
haha , i think mine is more on indisgestion after eating now, mine is utrogestan. i think its the same thing but different name. haha, ya still off work as hubby is worried but will be going back soon as gynae has given the green light, just no heavy work load or heavy stuffs to carry.

Lush

Last night I had some spotting and cramp and panicked. Then I went to see my gynae this morning without appointment, coz I am going for overseas biz trip next week. But strangely he didn't find anything, no blood stain, no piles, no UTI. So to be safe, he prescribed Duphaston to be take 3 times a day till I see him 2 weeks later. Hehe my appointment was supposed to be once a month for now, but due to such scenario, I went to see my gynae. When I asked him if it's a boy or girl, he said cannot tell yet, ask me to wait till next appointment. My baby was quite active, he kept bouncing up and down that my gynae couldn't measure his heartbeat. Then he shook his head and said "kang kor".. difficult in Hokkien. Lol.

Recently I have been more tired than in 1st tri. I don't know why. I don't really like taking Duphaston coz it gives me worse MS.
Oh dear, hope you are better now, please take extra care , dont get yourself too stressed :)

babytazz

There's another type of pills called utrogestan. For me, it does not give as bad MS as duphaston. Maybe should try asking for that instead? Hope you get better soon... That's a scare during second trim..

Last edited:

Lovealot

I understand how u feel... Must have caused u to panick badly... I had spotting too in my 1st trimester n doctor cant find anything too... And after rounds of duphaston, i do not have spotting till now *touch wood* yes.. Duphaston did contribute to worse ms for me too.. I was also using the one that applies directly into the vaginal which was slightly better but i find it troublesome to apply.. Hope u get better soon~