baby size

Jovy

i am 37 wks preggy and baby is now 3.4 kg, I am considering of inducing but I do not think it is fair on him coz I know he is not ready. But if I have to wait for another 3 weeks he will be huge then and afraid I wont be able to push him out. I want to do it in natural process with no pain relief as well. Doctor advice me not to take sweets which i dont but once in awhile I drink fruit juice, now he is also stopping me from it. Do you mummies think its okey to induce?

jxmummy

dd was induced too due to my cervix was soft and i'm also dilated but i did not feel the contractions when my gynae said i was supposed to feel, haa! dd weighed about 3.2kg when she's borned.

Phoebii Cheng

i am 37 wks preggy and baby is now 3.4 kg, I am considering of inducing but I do not think it is fair on him coz I know he is not ready. But if I have to wait for another 3 weeks he will be huge then and afraid I wont be able to push him out. I want to do it in natural process with no pain relief as well. Doctor advice me not to take sweets which i dont but once in awhile I drink fruit juice, now he is also stopping me from it. Do you mummies think its okey to induce?

By 37 weeks bbs are considered full term already, so it is ok to induce. But talk it over with ur gynae and see what is the best option, to induce or to wait:tlaugh:

By 37 weeks bbs are considered full term already, so it is ok to induce. But talk it over with your gynae and see what is the best option, to induce or to wait:tlaugh:
I was induce when my baby was 38 weeks cause high blood pressure. I think is ok to induce if you would like to delivery normal. If wait till 40 weeks, then ur baby may even bigger than now, then maybe will more difficult to push him out.

Jovy

Thanks ladies, i am going to see my gynae tomorrow and talk to him about it. I am scared for my baby to grow too big and will have a problem in the end. I want it to be done in a natural way so maybe its best time to do at 38 weeks before he gets too big. Gynae already told me there is a possibility he can gain weight upto 4 kg + if I dont watch myself taking sweets. And really i cant avoid of having that as I am not very good at sticking to just water only. I hope I can do it and hopefully this will be done smoothly!

million thanks

susant

Thanks ladies, i am going to see my gynae tomorrow and talk to him about it. I am scared for my baby to grow too big and will have a problem in the end. I want it to be done in a natural way so maybe its best time to do at 38 weeks before he gets too big. Gynae already told me there is a possibility he can gain weight upto 4 kg + if I dont watch myself taking sweets. And really i cant avoid of having that as I am not very good at sticking to just water only. I hope I can do it and hopefully this will be done smoothly!

million thanks
Hi Jovy,

I think it'll be the best option to go for induce labor before bb is getting bigger and bigger as you also plan to natural delivery without any drugs. I am in my 39th week and my bb is 3.2kg now. So I concerned about bb weight and don't want her to keep growing. Somemore my gynae said that I still have lots of lots of water in my womb and bb seems enjoy staying. Hence, he options for me to induce and I agree with that.

I gonna be induced by this coming sunday and hopefully it'll go smoothly. Meanwhile, you may cut your carbohydrate intake such as half of your daily rice and bread intake, eat more vege and fruits rather than rice. It helps a lot and I found that I didn't gain much weight within 1 week.

All the best for you.

Cheers,
Susan

Jovy

Hi Susan thanks for the advice! I decided to induce and will be admitted tomorrow night :) hope all will be well. Which hospital are you in? I will be in thomson. Goodluck to you and your baby

susant

Hi Susan thanks for the advice! I decided to induce and will be admitted tomorrow night :) hope all will be well. Which hospital are you in? I will be in thomson. Goodluck to you and your baby
Hi Jovy,
All the best for your labor journey and wish smooth delivery. I'm going to TMC too. My gynae is Dr. Benjamin Tham. How about yours?

Can't wait to have your experiences. :)

Good luck and cheers . .

P.S Remember your chin down stuck to your neck when you push. :)

Jovy

I definitely will inform everyone with my lil prince arrival! Thanks for all the wishes mummies, i cant wait to finally embrace my baby.

apollo

have a smooth delivery!

actu u made the right choice by inducing. since ur bb is alrdy 3.4kg, if u dun induce and wait till ur bb comes out, i'm afraid will be too big for u to push.

Good luck! :001_302:

Mummy to Baby V

All the best, new Mummies! :)

My boy was estimated to be 3.5kg at EDD. He arrived 12 days early and was 3.48kg. Luckily, he still came out naturally.

Look forward to your good news! :p

PTB7476

All the best, new Mummies! :)

My boy was estimated to be 3.5kg at EDD. He arrived 12 days early and was 3.48kg. Luckily, he still came out naturally.

Look forward to your good news! :p
may i ask how tall are you?
my gynae told me for my height 1.6 , to deliver a baby 3.2kg to 3.5kg is abit pushy and anything above this weight C sect is recommended. :embarrassed:

susant

Hello mummies,

I like to share the good news that I've gone throught my induced labor successfully. It's a wonderful experiences and I like to share my tips that you got to take more exercise for breathing technique. The more oxygen you take, the better blood circulation and then baby heartbeat will stable and make your cervix dilated faster. Trust me . . It's miracle . .

Good luck . .

Cheers,
susant

Mummy to Baby V

PTB7476: Ha... Should be how short I am: only 1.54cm, 40-42kg pre-pregnancy weight.
My gynae was supportive all along for natural delivery.
She advised me to do perineum massage after week 36, to prevent episiotomy. Great advice as I did not need one. Baby stretched his hand when being delivered and cut me a little, so needed a few stitches. Otherwise, all was fine. :)

susant: Congratulations!!! Yes, breathing exercises do wonders. Have a speedy recovery. :)

Jovy

My baby boy has arrived nicely and smoothly, took me 2 hours in labour and on my 3rd pushed he was out healthy. He weight 3.475 and 50 cm long. I am so happy!!!!

susant

My baby boy has arrived nicely and smoothly, took me 2 hours in labour and on my 3rd pushed he was out healthy. He weight 3.475 and 50 cm long. I am so happy!!!!
Congrats Jovy!! How you cope with the breast feeding now?? :)

apollo

CONGRATS!!!! u're so lucky, took 2 hrs only! :tlaugh:

kenxf_03

Congrats, Mummy Jovy! Welcome to motherhood!! :tlaugh:

Take good care of urself during ur confinement ya!