Ccc Vs Nanny

hpc

Hi I.m a new member.I got a topic to share with working mummies/dadies.Why now a days mum/dad will consider to put their little ones in ccc n not baby-sitter.I know govt have cc subsidy for working parents.But then did u consider first,in cc there are more babies-children,that mean more prone to get sick.Learn more things right but bad things more,must fetch kids in time or will be fine for late.Baby-sitter ratio is smaller maybe max 3 depend on manpower.Less fall sick,less bad behaviour,dinner provided,bath taken,fetching time more felixable if inform baby-sitter will be late to fetch.There are gd n bad between ccc vs nanny ,but than if most of the new mum choose infant care then baby-sitter will have to" eat grass".Do give baby-sitter a gd support(ofcos the very gd ones):001_302:

shopaholic

Between nanny and infantcare, I will choose nanny and will start by asking around for recommendations for a good and responsible one. However, if my kid is beyond 3yo, I will look around for a cc instead because I feel my child shd start receiving education and learn to interact with other kids.

In reality, hubby and I discussed this before my inlaws agreed to take care of my baby. Our plan back then was for me to quit for 2 years to take care of my baby. We just didnt trust others with our baby unless we get a really good recommendation. Maid is out. Infantcare is not ideal either as we most probably cant make it in time to fetch our baby by 7pm due to our work schedules.

diymummy

Hi hpc,

There're quite a few threads on this topic that you might want to do a search and read.

For me, my son is in infant care. We don't trust nannies unless it is someone we know.

Ting

wahahaha, r u a baby sitter yourself? :)

to be honest, i myself dont trust baby sitters/ nannies unless we know them well.
no matter what, i find that CCC r more reliable n trustworthy.

falling sick- well, i find that it is not 100% true. pin doesnt fall sick often even after she started out in CC.

learn more bad things than right things- DEFINATELY not true at all.

being late n getting a fine- no issues with that, if i work OT, i get my parents or siblings to fetch. (all boils down to the PARENTS time management n arrangements)

pin's CC also bath pin daily, n also provide 4 meals a day. breakfast, lunch, teatime, dinner. n they provide a range of different food DAILY. :)

ratio- im ok with the student teacher ratio, well, they r trained to take care n educate the kids, n also, they r professionals-certified.

also, learning is not just abt habits, its abt education, how much can most baby sitters teach the "current" edu system?
can your babysitter teach your kids, alphabets, phonics, numbers, countings, etc..
also, pin gets to interact with many other kids, she becomes more socialble n interactive.
she learns to become more helpful, always helping her friends when they need help, she learns to share with friends too.

also, putting at a CC, i dun hv to worry abt my child being abused, or not following the routine. (some sitters just prefer to do things their way) bcos in CCC, they work following a system, n also hv superiors to guide n watch over them.

JMHO. :)

well, im not saying nannies or sitters arent good, there r good ones out there i believe.
i guess it all boils down to the parent's own preference n what they feel is best for their child. :)

Last edited:

hpc

Yes Ting I am.I'm not trying to promote myself as I'm still popular in my place.Baby-sitter is my full-time job n more than 25 yrs of experience.As there are more infant-care/child-care coming up,baby-sitter is gona "eat grass".Many bbs ask me for help but many parents turn to ccc cause govt subsidy in cc.For me I have recommendations from parents who pass my service to their friends.I do ask parents t send their kids to cc when they are older as they can learn more things.Only some special case,they will let me take care longer.

Phoebii Cheng

My son also is in the infant care since young.....it's not tht we don't want to put with sitter/nanny, but some nanny esp those " v v experienced" ones like my in laws age, they tend to just on the TV to distract the bb, while doing their own things....

The younger nannies are much better, they r more educated and can interact better with bbs and teaching them, playing with them instead of just watching TV, but for my case, there are no such nannies around my house area.....

And I do agree with what Ting says too abt CC, besides the govt subsidy, CC also provide meals, whereas for nanny, not sure if meals are included when bb are ready to take solids

I notice that you stay in east, me too, which part of east do you stay? I stay in bedok area

hpc

Yes I agreed to send kids to ccc when they are older to learn more things.Nanny like me have my own set of ways to entertian baby.Contact time-meal time-nap-play/sing song/read to them-nap-snack/milk-go for a walk-dinner-home sweet home.Parents of babies I take care feel comfortable with my schedue.When gets older I teach simple reading n songs,so not much tv programs.I'm in Pasir Ris

Ting

hi hpc, no offence to u, but there r some sitters who do not deliver as said/promised.
personally, i hv some frens who hv such experiences.
at least in CC, we can see n we also know that they do teach the kids n such.
like a friend of mine, she even went all out to buy the stuff for the nanny to teach her child, but end up, the nanny also chuck the stuff one side but lied to her that she did teach her child, just that her child is "slow" in learning, thats why cannot see the outcome of "teaching".
at first she also believed the nanny, but at home she started to teach her kid more n realise actually, her child pick things up pretty fast. so one day she drop a surprise visit n "stayover" for a few hrs, realise her nanny cant even teach her kid anything,uhhh how to explain.... just like can see the way she "try" to teach is cfm she nvr teach the kid b4.
thats why many ppl prefer to turn to CCC.

hpc

Yes there are cases like that,but then again sometimes u have to talk to ur bbs,from there roughly can tell if the bbs is telling the truth.Like 4 me I have gd feed back from former parents n they willing to talk to parents to be,but so far no parents ask for it.They trust me n I show them what I say.

thepinkdot

Yes there are cases like that,but then again sometimes you have to talk to your bbs,from there roughly can tell if the bbs is telling the truth.Like 4 me I have good feed back from former parents n they willing to talk to parents to be,but so far no parents ask for it.They trust me n I show them what I say.
i guess also because some parents worried.. if u got many babies or kids, how would u handle.. and u would need to do ur own chores on top of it. i think most parents who actually do choose nannies.. will interview the person properly.. asking questions and all..

i won't expect a nanny to teach my babies anything.. just feeding (only with proper food or milk), no tv, play time and nap time.. that's all.