Episiotomy Thread came off

cecilathome

Hi,

Wonder if there is anyone experiences any episiotomy thread came off after birth? I am facing this problem at this moment. Hope anyone can advise what to do. Thanks!

CanCanMum

how many days have passed after u r stitched up?

it sup to dissolve by itself as your skin heals.

mine healed within 12 days, and i saw a few strands dropped during the 4th and 5th day.

but if u meant it came off and the episiotomy wound is bleeding or wad, best to go back to your gynae and have it fixed.

sunburst

First time I hear the stitches coming off. Anyways it is supposed to dissolve after a while. After a week from delivery, ur Gynae will ask u to come for check up... To check the stitches are ok & trim off some tt may be dangling.

If u are in any pain or bleeding from the stitches, better go see ur Gynae immediately!

cecilathome

Thanks CanCanMum and SunBurst for your replies.

I meant the whole thread came off leading to open wound. I suspect my Gynae cut off part of the thread during my visit a week after birth because I could feel the thread 'head' during washing prior to the visit but the thread 'head' was gone after the visit. And the threads all came out during a washing not long after that visit. All these happened less than 1.5 weeks after birth.

I asked my Gynae what had happened but no reply. I had since changed to another Gynae, but my situation now do not seem to improve. There's still a big wound gap. The pain is still there.

So wonder if anyone went through the same thing and could provide some advice?