Maid Levy and other issues

BbpHir3

I'm currently looking for a maid.. but i cant employ 1 under my name.. my MIL will be employing her..
i was juz wondering how much are the levy n pay lyk for a filipino maid with no day off.. my mil wants a new one, not a transfer.. n if my mil is to employ 1 to look after grandchildren (my kids), will the levy still be $170??

i oso heard tat we can still buy the $5000 coverage insurance now.. but from jan 2010 onwards, we muz buy the $15000 coverage de.. how much are we suppose to pay for the insurance?? it's a 1 time thing right??

LoVeS

I'm currently looking for a maid.. but i cant employ 1 under my name.. my mother in law will be employing her..
i was just wondering how much are the levy and pay lyk for a filipino maid with no day off.. my mother in law wants a new one, not a transfer.. and if my mother in law is to employ 1 to look after grandchildren (my kids), will the levy still be $170??

i also heard that we can still buy the $5000 coverage insurance now.. but from jan 2010 onwards, we must buy the $15000 coverage .. how much are we suppose to pay for the insurance?? it's a 1 time thing right??
For levy as long as the employer's house living with children below 12yrs old or elder above 65yrs old the levy will be $170.

As for pay wise it all depends on the experience and also depending how the maid might request more for no day off.

The 5k u toking abt is it the security bond?

or

• Medical insurance
The coverage must be at least $5,000 a year for each FDW's inpatient care and day surgery during her stay in Singapore. The requirement to purchase and maintain medical insurance will be included as a Work Permit condition. This is in line with the employers' existing responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of their foreign workers, including the provision of medical treatment.

BbpHir3

the $5k i'm talking bout is the medical insurance..
the security bond is the one that insure us if in any case the maid runs off izzit???

*first time researching bout this thingy.. very blur~~*

so u mean as long as under same household (aka address) got below 12years old or/and 65years old = levy is $170 lahz?? icic.. okok..

den monthly need pay wat?? maid expenses, her pay, levy only??

stonston

When I hired my maid, we enquired about using my parent's name to hire the maid but my boy is under the maids' care cos we already had a maid at tt time under my parent's names. CANNOT. Levy will still be normal rate, not $170/mth.

So we transferred by mum's maid at that time to my hb's name so that the levy is $170/mth.

For the security bond & medical insurance, I rmb paying a lump sum of around $250 for both of that together.

Even if got elderly more than 65yo, you need to submit a form declaring that you are the main provider before you can get the subsidized levy. That was what my mum had to do for my grandmother who has passed away already.

BbpHir3

huh?? i dun quite understand..
your parents alr have a maid under their name, so cannot employ another one with $170 levy?? or grandparents cannot employ maid for grandchildren with $170 levy??

i dun haf anyone here above 65yo.. so it's out of the question..

bubble99

Hi Mummies,

There is a 5k security bond in form of a bank/insurance guarantee valid for 26 mths.
5k per year for medical ins (inpatient and day care surgery).
For subsidized levy is $170 or $6 per day for part-month employment.
For application for subsidized levy, child's birth cert or proved of elderly doc. must be submit.
There will be a additional run away bond, but amount depend on agency.

BbpHir3

means when i go the agency i need bring my kid's birth cert lahz?? okok.. 1 b/c will do rite?? cuz the other one still in my tummy~~ LOL!!
wat else my MIL need to bring?? she's gonna be the one employing.. she need to bring her income tax statement, cpf statement (latest year or last 5 years de??) n wat else??

bubble99

means when i go the agency i need bring my kid's birth cert lahz?? okok.. 1 b/c will do rite?? cuz the other one still in my tummy~~ LOL!!
what else my mother in law need to bring?? she's gonna be the one employing.. she need to bring her income tax statement, cpf statement (latest year or last 5 years ??) and what else??
Hi,
I think u can check with the agency about the doc need to bring to prove for the use of maid in order to get subsidized levy but the 'must' doc is proof of income i.e pay slip or CPF contribution (6mths) for employee or income tax (2 years) for self employed. Birth cert of the child (below 7).

BbpHir3

Hi,
I think u can check with the agency about the doc need to bring to prove for the use of maid in order to get subsidized levy but the 'must' doc is proof of income i.e pay slip or CPF contribution (6mths) for employee or income tax (2 years) for self employed. Birth cert of the child (below 7).
below 7?? i tot below 12??

i quite confuse.. cuz MIL call 1 agency, den they sasy levy not subsidised.. i enquire from another, they sae levy subsidised~~ so i think ask u guys.. haha..

CanCanMum

SSS darling:

one thing is u oso need to pay upfront $$ for the maid's salary, my uncle employed an Indo Maid last year, he paid $3k plus to start employing her, and den no need to pay her salary for the next 6-8 months. I cannot remember the reason behind this, mummies with Maids please advise on the upfront $$ to be made?

BbpHir3

SSS darling:

one thing is u oso need to pay upfront $$ for the maid's salary, my uncle employed an Indo Maid last year, he paid $3k plus to start employing her, and den no need to pay her salary for the next 6-8 months. I cannot remember the reason behind this, mummies with Maids please advise on the upfront $$ to be made?
o ya~~ the upfront.. i keep hearing this, but dun understand oso..

CanCanMum

employ me laa

me not mafan~~~:p

Part time maid ~~~~

disclaimer: Once yr BB is in my arms, for the really cute ones, sorry, i wonx return to u anymore~~~

*Eyeing at Letitia*:p

BbpHir3

employ me laa

me not mafan~~~:p

Part time maid ~~~~

disclaimer: Once yr BB is in my arms, for the really cute ones, sorry, i wonx return to u anymore~~~

*Eyeing at Letitia*:p
*whisper to letitia: quick run to aunty cancan, her house got baber kor kor*

ting: ya lohz!! i see the things to look out for, i headache liaoz..

CanCanMum

*whisper to letitia: quick run to aunty cancan, her house got baber kor kor*

ting: ya lohz!! i see the things to look out for, i headache liaoz..
lai lai come my house

my house got many many toyz

got baber kor kor

he is trained to sayangz little girls

lai lai dun be scared

stonston

Upfront payment is to pay off their loan for them.

Some agents allow post dated cheques but their agency fee will be higher.

I paid mine upfront $2k plus.