Is it real??? Or just a false hope???

Hi Ladies,

It has been quite awhile that I have not post anything. Wanna ask you ladies a question. My last period date is 13 Sep 2010. I did a HPT on the 10 & 11 Oct 2010 morning first pee midstream and the HPT show 2 lines although one is fainter than the control. It is guardian brand HPT so I am not sure is it reliable. My mother say I tested too early as my period should due on 11/12 Oct, should have waited one week after missed period.

What advise do you ladies have and do you think I am preggy? I have been trying for 2 years so I really hope it's real..and not false hope. Thank you.

Do you think I should go to the gynae this week or wait till next week? I am afraid of false hope. Been disappointed for so many times.

Phoebii Cheng

Why not you wait another week before you test again? tht time for me I missed my period for abt 10 days before I test....actually I also test cos' I was vomitting after I ate seafood....thot it is a bad case of food poisoning :tlaugh:

P4nic

Do you think I should go to the gynae this week or wait till next week? I am afraid of false hope. Been disappointed for so many times.
i totally test .. ermm.. 3 times on the normal clearblue kit.. but i also scared is false hope then finally decide to buy the digital test.. which shows preg or not preg.. i dun have any symptoms initially.. my menses are irregular.. i just test coz i m going for holidays soon.. then come the lovely surprise. The digital kit shows i m 1-2 weeks preg.. :) if u are anxious to know.. perhaps u can try this method.. i know that kind of feeling.. i walked into watson.. dun dare to buy also.. coz afterall hopeful with tat faint line.. but once i test the digital one.. maybe it is false hope.. struggling within myself and finally convinced myself to buy.. telling myself.. if negative the most i try again.. instead of wasting time thinking bout it. i also try for about 1 yr+ before i finally see result.

stonston

Not to burst your bubble but even if test positive, there are many outcomes (positive and negative like etopic pregnancy which is very common).

The best is just to RELAX and take care of your health by eating well and resting well.
Don't worry too much. Make appt to visit gynae at around 7 - 8 weeks for scan.
Once scan and confirm is better than the pregnancy test kit.

apollo

the chances of u being preg is v high. u c an try to test a week later to get a 'definite' ans. cos by then, ur preg hormonse shd be higher if u're preg, and can get darker lines. =)

Hi Ladies,

I was being KS and went to buy the digital clear blue HPT with conception indicator and tested this morning which is my period due date. The result shown was "pregnant", "2-3"...went to the gynae and did a scan and he say it's too early to see a thing but just a thick wall. He asked me to go back after two weeks to do a scan again to see the water bag. Hope everything goes well... Keeping my fingers crossed.

P4nic

Hi Ladies,

I was being KS and went to buy the digital clear blue HPT with conception indicator and tested this morning which is my period due date. The result shown was "pregnant", "2-3"...went to the gynae and did a scan and he say it's too early to see a thing but just a thick wall. He asked me to go back after two weeks to do a scan again to see the water bag. Hope everything goes well... Keeping my fingers crossed.
Lol u r just like me.. I test positive on the digital kit then went gynae to cfm .. My gynae say positive but then still can't see much so go back in 4 weeks time to check whether got any complications in case got epit or wad.. She saud she wun congrats me yet till 2nd visit. I went 2nd time can see heart beat le.. I think u got very high chance just take care of urself n stay positive for now. Continue ur folic acid k n if ur gynae got give u other pills to stabilize ur preg take those too

Lol you r just like me.. I test positive on the digital kit then went gynae to cfm .. My gynae say positive but then still can't see much so go back in 4 weeks time to check whether got any complications in case got epit or what.. She saud she wun congrats me yet till 2nd visit. I went 2nd time can see heart beat .. I think you got very high chance just take care of yourself n stay positive for now. Continue your folic acid k n if your gynae got give you other pills to stabilize your preg take those too
Hi P4nic,

Thank you for your encouragement. I tested again yesterday after pass my period due date 3 days (super KS hahaha) in the evening on clearblue, the result was positive again. I really hope my second visit I can see something hehehe.. Yup doc gave me multi V and folic acid to take every morning. Now I can only wait patiently for 27 Oct to come. Will keep you updated. By the way, which week you could see the heart beat of your baby? Thank you.

momi

Hello marchbear. I hope your pregnancy will be confirmed too :Dancing_tongue: For now, just rest as much as you can, stay positive and take care of yourself. Keep us updated.

Hi diymummy,

Thank you. Based on my calculation, 27 Oct will be 6 weeks so hope can see the water sac and heart beat. :) Keeping my fingers crossed.
Hi marchbear, hope it works out well for you. I also recently had my hopes up. Period was late and I was wondering when to do test, as I was also afraid of being disappointed. I thought I shouldn't think too much about it and just wait a few more days. Then my period came... Sigh, was quite discouraged. But must keep trying!! All the best to you!

Hi mummies,
As waiting two week for the next ultrascan was too long for me so I went to my GP today to do a blood test for HCG level. Results coming out on monday or Tuesday, I'm keeping my fingers crossed n hoping for good news that my HCG level is high. Currently, having sore busts, always tired n sleepy, hungry easily, feel thirsty often n very bloated abdomen. Will update you all on the results soon. Pray for me.

Baby Dust to all TTC mummies!!!

From what you described...congratulation! Remember to eat well & rest well...avoid eating those 'cooling' things... ^_^
Hi Bluemoon3979, thank you for your well-wishings. I have been longing for a baby close to 2 yrs. As I have a medical condition so my chances of getting pregnant is only 50% chance. So I really prat this time is real n my baby will be strong and healthy. : )

joeybeadz

Hi marchbear, hope it works out well for you. I also recently had my hopes up. Period was late and I was wondering when to do test, as I was also afraid of being disappointed. I thought I shouldn't think too much about it and just wait a few more days. Then my period came... Sigh, was quite discouraged. But must keep trying!! All the best to you!
Have you gone for any body checks? your hubby? I tried for 4 years.. decided to take out my cysts and then found Endometriosis. Then after that, kept trying and was pregnant...

joeybeadz

Hi Bluemoon3979, thank you for your well-wishings. I have been longing for a baby close to 2 yrs. As I have a medical condition so my chances of getting pregnant is only 50% chance. So I really prat this time is real n my baby will be strong and healthy. : )
just dont think too much, thou I know it is easily said than done..
You should have a metalic taste too...and can get sleepy almost anywhere and without knowing.

Dun thinks too much...jus make sure u take good care of yourself & the baby...& trust me, u'll be treated like a queen during your pregnancy! :tlaugh: