EDD Sep 2010

LittleWorm

Sorry littleworm for replying late.
i will be going to my pediatrician for the jab. we took 6-in-1 coz my son took that too, so we do so for our daughter. the fever depends on individual, my son fever for 1 day then ok. i just went to my pedi to check my daughter coz she has bad cradle cap and milk spots...i very worried coz it looks real bad. sigh
Btw do you know how much your pedi is charging for the 6-in-1 jab? When your son developed fever due to this jab, was he very difficult to take care??

mecolemummy

Hey Ladies,

something to share...

For those who are breastfeeding, you can try Fenugreek Herbal Supplement (from GNC) or ask your PD for Motilium Tablets for boosting of milk supply. I'm taking both and i make sure i drink lactation milk like friso mum and enfamum. Kaisu abit! My breast will be full every 4-5 hours. Stay happy and eat well. I realise if i'm stress or unhappy, my supply will drop... and i was told not to eat ginger, will bring down the milk supply. Through out my confinement and now i avoided ginger, garlic, chilli.

Anyone here know about Eagle Brand Eucalyptus Oil? I apply it on my baby everyday after shower and before sleep on the shoulder and chest to keep baby warm... especially in the night cos sleeping in aircon room. Can get it from Guardian Pharmacy.

lovemk87

Btw do you know how much your pedi is charging for the 6-in-1 jab? When your son developed fever due to this jab, was he very difficult to take care??
btw, i heard that 6-in-1 jab should be taken at 1.5 or 2 months..is it true?? or can i take it when my baby is 1month old??

gnaf21

hey.... totally understand your plight... no one says confinement and breastfeeding is easy... we have all been thru our fair share of obstacles along the way... now it is better for you because at least you have a little more number of people with a little more experience to consult if you have any queries... so dont give up!!! by the time you finish your confinment, you are ahead of those who gave birth in nov and probably just started their confinment

ya mine does regurgitates milk... pretty often... and she really can spit very far!!! ask paediatrician about it she says it is ok... 0-3mth old baby dont have very mature gastric... tats why like that... she prescribed motilium for her and it does helps abit... I sometimes burp her until the cow comes home she still doesnt burp... but I like the over the shoulder carry kind of burping method... :) as for hiccups... there really isnt much you can do about it... they are exercising their lungs and diaphrams... so you just have to let it stop by itself...

p.s.: you posted some questions in another thread regarding breastfeeding right? I've answered them... hope it helps...

thanks mrs eg! your reply is very useful. i was quite worried when he keep vomitting milk and yes i burp also till cow comes home and nothing happens.

i will check the other thread. Thanks!

Fiona73

Hey Ladies,

something to share...

For those who are breastfeeding, you can try Fenugreek Herbal Supplement (from GNC) or ask your pediatrician for Motilium Tablets for boosting of milk supply. I'm taking both and i make sure i drink lactation milk like friso mum and enfamum. Kaisu abit! My breast will be full every 4-5 hours. Stay happy and eat well. I realise if i'm stress or unhappy, my supply will drop... and i was told not to eat ginger, will bring down the milk supply. Through out my confinement and now i avoided ginger, garlic, chilli.

Anyone here know about Eagle Brand Eucalyptus Oil? I apply it on my baby everyday after shower and before sleep on the shoulder and chest to keep baby warm... especially in the night cos sleeping in aircon room. Can get it from Guardian Pharmacy.
Aiyo, been eating ginger recently, my CL add the ginger wine into my dish some more. Now I know why my supply is not stable. I took sacred tea (3x) + lactation milk (3x) + 2litre of water (soup, red date water, plain water). Confinement is ending soon, now I wonder whether I still got time to drink some much fluid and my sleep is gone for sure.

nightingale

Hi ladies, just experienced life without the confinement nanny for 2 days and I'm nearly bringing out my white surrender flag haha! The days just fly past and before you know it, it's time for night duty, sigh! one thing's for sure - you're gonna have to shake off the whole notion of night and day. The most useful piece of advice from my gynae after the birth was, 'Sleep whenever the baby sleeps.' You'll really have to make an effort to do this whenever you can. It is difficult - especially when there are so many things to do in the day like expressing milk, checking Facebook, washing bottles, or just running errands.... we've had a tiring 2 days driving around distributing full-month cakes and buying groceries, all these things that we used to do so easily in the past now feel like marathons because we are sleep deprived! It's a riot! But trying to enjoy the whole experience. :D

We're starting to feel a bit of tension when it comes to well-meaning relatives giving unsolicited advice on how best to bring up our kid. I find that too much attention from everyone feels very stifling - at times we just wish people would leave us alone and let us do the parenting ourselves. Do you guys feel that way sometimes?

nightingale

mrs_eg! Since our girls were born just one day apart, wanna ask you whether you are planning to bring your girl for the 6-in-1 jab? If so, when do you plan to do so? I visited the ped at the end of Week 1 just to check that everything's okay - and she scheduled my girl's 6-in-1 jab in early Nov. I'm wondering whether to bring her for the jab sooner?

Comments from the rest are also welcome!

mrs_eg

mrs_eg! Since our girls were born just one day apart, wanna ask you whether you are planning to bring your girl for the 6-in-1 jab? If so, when do you plan to do so? I visited the ped at the end of Week 1 just to check that everything's okay - and she scheduled my girl's 6-in-1 jab in early Nov. I'm wondering whether to bring her for the jab sooner?

Comments from the rest are also welcome!
Today's my last day of confinement.... I wonder wat it will be like tomorow... Even though it is weekend n hubby is ard... But........ Haiz... Doubt he can help much... I went to bathe jus nw n my gal cry n cry.... He became so helpless.....

Anyway, ya.... Somtimes although many people mean well but seriously, sometimes i also feel like telling them.... "hello!!! We are the parents not u!!!"
Then again i know they mean no harm but they unknowingly added an invisible stress on us parents... As if waiting for us to make mistakes so tat they can say "see!!!! I told u!!!"

Nightingale, we intend to go for the 6-in-1 when she is 2 mths old... 2 days ago we went for her 4 wks assessment n we did ask the pd if 6-in-1 can be done earlier.. She say 6+ 7 weeks no issue...

lovemk87

Anyway, ya.... Somtimes although many people mean well but seriously, sometimes i also feel like telling them.... "hello!!! We are the parents not you!!!"
Then again i know they mean no harm but they unknowingly added an invisible stress on us parents... As if waiting for us to make mistakes so that they can say "see!!!! I told you!!!"

ya....i agree the above!! do you mean your parents in law or????

hahaha .... i get what you mean, I even get myself a marketing trolley just to shop there (just pull/push the trolley). My previous trip the trolley and my bag was overload with toiletries. When reached home, got a hard time carried the stuffs to the house coz the staircase is very long (20 steps of stairs).
wow how come you have so many flight of stairs?
talking about it, make me want to go soon. haha.:Dancing_wub:

dont't worry LittleLady...your lil one will be fine! I'm sure your pedi prescribed medication so she should be well in no time.

Meanwhile I saw a blog that highly recommended Mustela Stelaker which is a treatment for cradle cap. Review on using this products by different users seems good n effective in short period of time. If your pedi's medicine not seeing desired results, perhaps you can consider trying this brand which is tested under dermatological control n in pediatrician's offices.

Littleworm,
thank you for your encouragement. i hope she gets well soon. thanks for the information too.

she is charging $450 for both 6-in-1 and 5-in-1.
how much is yours charging?
when my son develop the fever, he just kept sleeping and seems very tired.

lekdao

There are quite a number of shops selling toiletries upstairs that hawker centre. I always visit this shop to stock up on toiletries, much cheaper than retail rates.

Ocean
Phone Number: 65353604
32 New Market Road
#03-1058 Peoples Park Food Centre S050032
Category: Cosmetics & Toiletries

Yes, this is the shop i went but there are some item they dun carry or slightly cost more, then i will head to wah lee at the cornor. If wanna get J&J shower foam try get it from Swanston @ level 2, selling at $5.80 if not wrong.

Nearby, there is a shop (Cheong Choon) selling baby stuffs, i also like to go there to check the price out.

Last edited:
btw, i heard that 6-in-1 jab should be taken at 1.5 or 2 months..is it true?? or can i take it when my baby is 1month old??
lovemk87,
yes you are right, it should be taken after 2 months.
my daughter's peditrician told me that if taken earlier than 2 months, the immunity level will not be as high.

lekdao

wow how come you have so many flight of stairs?
talking about it, make me want to go soon. haha.:Dancing_wub:

is those shop hse unit, wonder how i manage to climb the stairs in my last trimester pregnancy. And on the day i deliver when contraction goes off, quickly walk down the stairs. hahaha

when u going there, can drop by to this shop called sunflower, the clothing, bag, shoes and accessories are nice, missed shopping there.

Enjoy ur shopping over there.

Hi ladies, just experienced life without the confinement nanny for 2 days and I'm nearly bringing out my white surrender flag haha! The days just fly past and before you know it, it's time for night duty, sigh! one thing's for sure - you're gonna have to shake off the whole notion of night and day. The most useful piece of advice from my gynae after the birth was, 'Sleep whenever the baby sleeps.' You'll really have to make an effort to do this whenever you can. It is difficult - especially when there are so many things to do in the day like expressing milk, checking Facebook, washing bottles, or just running errands.... we've had a tiring 2 days driving around distributing full-month cakes and buying groceries, all these things that we used to do so easily in the past now feel like marathons because we are sleep deprived! It's a riot! But trying to enjoy the whole experience. :D

We're starting to feel a bit of tension when it comes to well-meaning relatives giving unsolicited advice on how best to bring up our kid. I find that too much attention from everyone feels very stifling - at times we just wish people would leave us alone and let us do the parenting ourselves. Do you guys feel that way sometimes?
you are right, we have so many errands to accomplish and before you know it, baby is up again. it's not easy but these tiring periods will soon be history before we know it.so like what you say, try enjoying the experience. hee!:mrolleyes:
as for advise given by relatives and friends, just listen with an open mind and decide for ourselves. i know what you mean. sometimes i feel that they make us more confuse and less confident as a parent. sigh...

is those shop house unit, wonder how i manage to climb the stairs in my last trimester pregnancy. And on the day i deliver when contraction goes off, quickly walk down the stairs. hahaha

when you going there, can drop by to this shop called sunflower, the clothing, bag, shoes and accessories are nice, missed shopping there.

Enjoy your shopping over there.
wow you are 'sut'!! i guess when there is a will there is a way. haha. what kind of clothes sunflower sell?