EDD March 2013

MsSaggi

Everyone seems to be be gaining but not me though... Hehe! Going to 4 months now & I lost 3kg... My gynae says should be gaining as I enter the second trimester... Just didn't yearly health screening & found out I lost another 1kg...

cagnes

Don't worry, lots of people will start the gaining weight part from 2nd tri.. :)
Everyone seems to be be gaining but not me though... Hehe! Going to 4 months now & I lost 3kg... My gynae says should be gaining as I enter the second trimester... Just didn't yearly health screening & found out I lost another 1kg...

Oqleong

I heard birdnest can start after 5th mth. Tonic can drk but start slow like twice a week but rem tonics some can some cannot. I took normal herbal chicken soup w black chick. Maybe i should try to brew red dates w gouqi w ginger just like that for replnish iron. My gynae stop me from folic and ask me take multivits. Then constipation... Fish oil also started but i still on hormonal pills cos frequent pains and cramps which the hormonal pills does help to ease

My baby bump started to show as this will be my 17th week :001_302:

My gynae prescribe me Obimin and fish oil. I am taking one tablet of Obimin a day and the nurse said fish oil could be taken after 20 weeks. Does anyone still continue 5mg folic acid when enter their second trimester? My nurse said Obimin contain Folic Acid so the 5mg Folic acid could be discontinued. Besides having supplements, I am taking EnfaMum a glass a day to have enough calcium and other phytonutrients. I am having red dates+guo qi ji + boiled egg brewed soup once a week to have more iron.

Does anyone start to take tonic soup or birdnest or other supplement? Mind to share?

NeyMO

hello smilem, sometimes I drink 100 plus to relieve the headache.. But make sure the iron intake is enough because the blood supply to brain might be reduced (cause vessel to dilate and higher pressure that cause headache) since we need to supply blood to our bb..

MsSaggi

Ms saggi, any particular reason of losing weight?
Well, I guess it's my pattern of eating ? Eversince I got pregnant, I only eat a very small portion of food no matter how hungry I am or no matter how much I crave for that particular food..
Well, hopefully my appetite will come back soon..... ;)

smilem

MsSaggi.. eat small portion but take more times.. tat wat my doc told me to do so.. since enter 2nd tri.. i start losing appetite.. & dont feel hungry..so doc told me take few times.. each meal take about 5 meals..

l0r3tTa

hello all, sounds like we are all encountering the same issues more or less like the back pain, pelvic pain, cramps, pulling sensation.

Let's all jia you and hang in there...this is indeed a good channel to share and sometimes whine..hahaha...

have a great week!

today 14 weeks
hi smilem.. i think i should be ard the same EDD as you.. hehe..

juz to share with mummies here.. i find eating birdnest useless.. my cousin-in-law and my own mother had them during their pregnancy.. but they said it doesnt seems to have any effect.. maybe works on different pple..

anyway, juz wanna ask.. is it find to colour hair or perm/rebond during pregnancy? i read online that it's fine but have to do after 1st trimester..

l0r3tTa

Hello, I think its fine to colour, rebond or perm... i will be rebonding my hair soon. I will be 18 weeks then..

juz to share with mummies here.. i find eating birdnest useless.. my cousin-in-law and my own mother had them during their pregnancy.. but they said it doesnt seems to have any effect.. maybe works on different pple..

anyway, juz wanna ask.. is it find to colour hair or perm/rebond during pregnancy? i read online that it's fine but have to do after 1st trimester..

smilem

Hi Purple..

:) i ve not start drinking birdnest yet nor any tonic soup...some aunties & my Mother-in-law said muz drink.. if not BB not easy to take care..but what to drink?

i planned to ve my hair colour during Jan. (at least 3rd tri & near to CNY).. at least during Mar 2013 my hair not so weird..lolz

NeyMO

Try to use better brand for hair treatment, e.g: Shiseido.. The chemicals inside those dye could penetrate into your hair follicles and accumulate onto your hair scalp. If you do have more sensitive skin during pregnancy then you have better watch out the itchness or other side effects..