EDD August 2013

lynntoh

i'm thinking if i shld change to kkh. my fren said her sil gave birth at thomson, 1 bedded, total cost >10k!!!
dun think i have tat money to afford a 1 bedded.... =(
I went to moh website and check out typical bill size for normal delivery for all hosp, kkh is one of the more affordable ones..cheaper then tmc for 4bedded too..
I went back kkh cus first child also born there... and kkh has more food outlets etc lols... i was so blur at tmc so confusing

Snaksmummy26, I beg to differ on the more than 10k pricing for one beded as in Thomson Medical Center there are a lot of grade for one beded.
Thomson Medical Centre
Thomson Medical Centre

i had sign up my C-section antenatal package for 3k and with the 1 beded which cost around 500+ per day.
i did a calculation, total amount should not be more than 6k as I still have not factor in the max claim amount for my cpf Medisave.

Snaksmummy26, I beg to differ on the more than 10k pricing for one beded as in Thomson Medical Center there are a lot of grade for one beded.
Thomson Medical Centre
Thomson Medical Centre

i had sign up my C-section antenatal package for 3k and with the 1 beded which cost around 500+ per day.
i did a calculation, total amount should not be more than 6k as I still have not factor in the max claim amount for my cpf Medisave.
Really?? My hubby wants to stay with me thru out the hospital stay. so he want me to choose the 1 bedded. he did mentioned that he will pay everything lah, but i was thinking we can do other things with that money..

pretty hard to decide. u so fast sign already ah? i going for c-section too. scared i cant do it naturally then end up have to go thru two kinds of pain. faint...

c-section can deliver earlier right? are you going to any fengshui master to calculate the dates?

Really?? My hubby wants to stay with me thru out the hospital stay. so he want me to choose the 1 bedded. he did mentioned that he will pay everything lah, but i was thinking we can do other things with that money..

pretty hard to decide. u so fast sign already ah? i going for c-section too. scared i cant do it naturally then end up have to go thru two kinds of pain. faint...

c-section can deliver earlier right? are you going to any fengshui master to calculate the dates?
During my 8 weeks 2nd visit with my gyane, he said I can sign for the package already. His package includes delivery, be it natural or c-section or assisted delivery, all same price. At least all consultation fees, ultrasound scan, delivery cost, doctors visits, urine tests on every consultation one time postnatal chek up all included.

after calculation, is worth it...so sign up on the spot, at least save the 200+ for my last visit.

I intend to find a good fengshui master, need time to find a good one.

Last edited:

lyra

I also thought we can keep the money for better stuff and not get a one bedded room but I was wrong. Childbirth can be very exhausting n painful. I had a really bad tear during natural delivery n I couldn't sleep for the first night. Throughout the night, nurse also keep bringing baby in for feeding but I was so painful and I couldn't manage well. I regretted not getting one bedded and have hubby stay with me. So for this second one, I am getting one bedded and probably have my older son stay with me too. There are ranges of one bedded rooms, so we do not have to choose the most expensive.

Do u intend to get the master for name selection?
so far i heard that the names that the fengshui master give are quite lao tu leh... and they sound weird too.

maybe i'll provide some names for him to calculate. see which name i choose can. i believe the same fengshui master can do everything right?

I also thought we can keep the money for better stuff and not get a one bedded room but I was wrong. Childbirth can be very exhausting n painful. I had a really bad tear during natural delivery n I couldn't sleep for the first night. Throughout the night, nurse also keep bringing baby in for feeding but I was so painful and I couldn't manage well. I regretted not getting one bedded and have hubby stay with me. So for this second one, I am getting one bedded and probably have my older son stay with me too. There are ranges of one bedded rooms, so we do not have to choose the most expensive.

of course having hubby ard is better lah. if the cheapest 1 bedded total cost come up to 7-8k (before medisave deduction), i think we can still afford lah.

i going for c-section, so need to stay for 3 nights. i think 1 bedded will be more comfortable for me. plus, 1 bedded free wifi. hahaha.... can play games and surf net inside the room.

ysirene

Quick question - can preggie go for facial? I completely neglected my skin care (even basic one like applying tonner and lotion) and i feel like doing the facial now. But not sure safe or not.

Quick question - can preggie go for facial? I completely neglected my skin care (even basic one like applying tonner and lotion) and i feel like doing the facial now. But not sure safe or not.
i think ok bah... but i got one fren very KS, she dun go facial or do her nails, say she might inhale chemicals...

Paigepaige

Take Prune juice...it really works...if not..take non lactose milk...:)
I had e ace light yalkut (pardon me if i got it wrong) and went toilet twice the next day! I feel so light today! ^^ Am week 9 turning week 10 this wednesday and saw a little small bulge coming out already. hehe.

wlilian

Hi all, it depends on what you want. If you want to get some money out of the claims, then definately 1 room would not be a choice for you....but base on the medisave claims...if you go for 1 room, at least most of the payment is paid. I am opting for eastshore so estimated 2 days for 1 room is around 2.2K - can claim up to 2.1K. But Gynae fee you will still have to fork up yourself...Estimated would be around 2-3K??

Maternity Package

Maybe totally bill will be around 6-7K but definately part of it can be claimable. For me, i want my hubby to be with me after my labor. i think it will be very painful..afterall its my first child...and i am scare of staying at the hospital alone T.T

Hi all, it depends on what you want. If you want to get some money out of the claims, then definately 1 room would not be a choice for you....but base on the medisave claims...if you go for 1 room, at least most of the payment is paid. I am opting for eastshore so estimated 2 days for 1 room is around 2.2K - can claim up to 2.1K. But Gynae fee you will still have to fork up yourself...Estimated would be around 2-3K??

Maternity Package

Maybe totally bill will be around 6-7K but definately part of it can be claimable. For me, i want my hubby to be with me after my labor. i think it will be very painful..afterall its my first child...and i am scare of staying at the hospital alone T.T
me too!! imagine 3 nights alone with another stranger. omg... after seeing the moh website, i'm quite sure i'll choose 1 bedded at thomson. =)

wlilian

me too!! imagine 3 nights alone with another stranger. omg... after seeing the moh website, i'm quite sure i'll choose 1 bedded at thomson. =)
Yah...i think there is a sofa for ur hubby or guest to sit down....

anybody going oscar scan today?? My appointment is at 3pm today...so excited...

Yah...i think there is a sofa for your hubby or guest to sit down....

anybody going oscar scan today?? My appointment is at 3pm today...so excited...
wlilian, hows ur oscar scan? is the result immediate?

i'm going for mine on 16 feb. four more week to go...