EDD Oct 2013

spyvonne

Hi mummies & mummies-to-be, have you decide on which baby carrier to buy? Can't decide btw Ergo and Pognae, the latter is said to be similar to Ergo but it's cheaper and has a vent for better ventilation, also more suitable for petit woman. Both need an infant insert till baby is 5 or 6 months old... Plan to use a sarong sling for newborn and when baby is ready then switch to carrier.. is that better?

wow! thanks hopingforamiracle! i entirely forget abt baby carrier. keep thinking baby sling and pram only. LOL!

the carrier i try my fren one once already heavy for me without bb in it. shall go expo try it out tmr

my friends recommended Manduca carrier as the best.....u won't feel any weight carrying the baby... and has good back support for the baby.
baby dun feel warm as it is airy too

spyvonne

hi hi!

how abt sterilzers and teats? anyone know? u all getting roughly how many bottles? getting breast pump too? or after deliver?

hi hi!

how abt sterilzers and teats? anyone know? u all getting roughly how many bottles? getting breast pump too? or after deliver?
So far, my friends have been using Avent sterilizer and bottle warmer, then NUK teats.

Breast pump was my earliest buy :p wanted to do away with the heavy cost items first... Bought Medela Freestyle.

Thanks Faithmummy, yeah, heat is one big consideration living in Spore.. We are afraid that baby will feel hot and uncomfy in the carrier too.. So far, only heard negative remarks on baby bjorn, the rest has got a mix of good and bad reviews.. will check out Manduca!

spyvonne

thanks hopingforamiracle!

u know how to use the breastpump le ah? wa u super fast! how much roughly? i thinking get medela too.

yea lor. i went see avent teats like.. very hard n big. heard not all babies suitable.
i also intend mix nuk/pigeon teats. then sterilizer avent most likely too.

duno expo got promo not.. saw kiddypalace got come in sets with freebies (bottles) last month

Hi spyvonne, I was very inspired by my friend on breastfeeding which is why I bought that first.. lol.

I bought medela freestyle no bundle set at $699 from Kiddy Palace. Figure that I wont be needing those items in the bundle set which cost much higher at $799 or even $899. The extra bottles can be bought at a lower price, wat's more Kiddy Palace having 20% promotion for regular items (the medela $699 is already a promotion price so no further discount) so the extra bottles and etc can be bought at definitely less than $100.

I was hoping to get Avent sterilizer and warmer which most of my friends are using but was already given a set of Tommee Tipee.. so most probably will try that first. I heard from some that KKH is using Pigeon bottle warmer, dunno how true thou.

Will only be droppin by expo on Sat, hope to get some good buys.. still have cot, stroller and misc... arg...

joymommy

just did detail scan today and I am having a gal too!!! husband and me was wondering what is the 2 balls we saw during Oscar scan! ha!!! I am having out break just like when I am having my son, tummy also pointy, cannot see tummy from behind.
Congrats Alisa.. U have a bb boy previously and now a bb girl. It's really double happiness. Congrats congrats. My stomach is also the same like u. Have outbreak like u too. But is a bb girl. Hee

spyvonne

Oooo! How abt baby sling? Any Gd recommendations? I heard buy online cheaper but Duno which site trusty.

I got Maclren pram from cousin. Feels abit heavy.
But making do with it first.

I going expo see polygon mat, baby carrier, sling, n sterilizer sets.

Wa.... Breast pump so exp!

joyfulmum

Wow like so many things to buy n so much choices! Think ill pop by expo on sat e hubby to take a look.. don dare to overbuy too cos in case i wont need it cos i guess every mummy's style is diff?

Hi all, I would recommend pigeon multi function sterilizer. Is a 3 in 1. Sterilizer cum food n bottle warmer. Is abt 169 last check at bugis bhg. V gd cos is digital n can keep e breastmilk at 40-45 degrees which won't spoilt e nutrients in breastmilk. N it acts as a food warmer which till now my 3 years old girl still using. Gd buy.
As for pump, was previously using medela swing. The suction is not as strong hence not clean n kena clogged ducts several times with High fever.
Anyway, after using for gd 15mths, is almost down. Was recommended by a fren's lactation consultant to get medela pump in style. More Bulky than freestyle but suction more powerful.
My fren swears by manduca carrier. She tried all sorts of carriers n feels manduca is e best. Her baby came out at 4.6kg n she started using e carrier str at birth cos her baby din like boba wrap which is meant for smaller babies.
For bottles, my girl uses tomme tippee, which has a short teat. Suppose to imitate e nipples n been using them since birth too.. Din give me much prob too..
N for stroller, I hav frens who invested in quinny n other branded ex strollers but all ended up getting smth more manageable.. Cos is really tiring to carry a baby n stroller on yur own when baby refuses to sit in.

eileenyoyo

I went to the motherhood fair yesterday. The fair does have alot of diaper discount. Other items, the discount aren't as attractive as I expected, but no harm checking out the prices first. Various pump demo sets there to have a hand on experiences before deciding on which one to invest.

weeeii

Hi mummies, i had my gynae appt yesterday. My edd is now 1 oct. So far i've put on 7kg (which can't tell because visibly i didnt put on a lot), baby is about 450g.

I've recently bought a insurance policy for baby too, apparently this policy is meant to buy between 20-32 weeks.

A lot of kicks from the past 1 week, especially at night. My daily night habits now is lie on the bed, lift up my top and monitor my tummy, am able to see visible tummy moves from the little one inside.

chocobell

Went to the fair and walk one round. Didn't get pump cos need consult doc see suitable to breast feed not. Didn't buy clothes or accessories cos hubby say too early :( end up convince him to get the avent sterliser which under promo at $135.

Keen to try post natal massage leh. Any mommies did research on that?

spyvonne

yo!

i just back too. bought nth too. cos for tt 2 hours i spend getting lost in the maze and being pulled psycho this product tt product. lol

anyone signing up the magazine promo? 3 years free avent sensor thing one. haha

---

the clothes not as cute as previous expo. price also ok only. heard many say bugis temple there selling wholesale (kiddypalace alike styles simples ones) 6 for $13.

spyvonne

Hi mummies, i had my gynae appt yesterday. My edd is now 1 oct. So far i've put on 7kg (which can't tell because visibly i didnt put on a lot), baby is about 450g.

I've recently bought a insurance policy for baby too, apparently this policy is meant to buy between 20-32 weeks.

A lot of kicks from the past 1 week, especially at night. My daily night habits now is lie on the bed, lift up my top and monitor my tummy, am able to see visible tummy moves from the little one inside.

oooo! wow! ur baby is big big! mine only 288g at 19weeks. i did my detailed at 19 according to dr tham. according to dr yvonne i was 22 weeks at tt point. LOL!
so anyway i just did the scan since i there le. 288g he say abit fat. ask me drink less milk. but my frens 300+ he no say anything

octkid

oooo! wow! ur baby is big big! mine only 288g at 19weeks. i did my detailed at 19 according to dr tham. according to dr yvonne i was 22 weeks at tt point. LOL!
so anyway i just did the scan since i there le. 288g he say abit fat. ask me drink less milk. but my frens 300+ he no say anything
My BB boy was 361g when did the detailed scan on 20week + 2 days.
The sonographer and doctor also said he is above average.
Doctor asked me to cut down on sweet n carbohydrate stuff, so I'm changing my diet.

mummies my hubby said sth very interesting.. if buy the pumps now, will the waranty start now.. coz we only using maybe 5 mths later? so rugi abt half a year waranty. haha. so i think i'll go to the faie to look/feel what's available and buy the pumps last.

ya i also scared of the crowd. have a good weekend ladies!!