EDD Jan 2014

Missy10

fabmums2014:799808 said:
are all MTBs wearing mask? psi jus hit 170! -.- take gd care!! stay in air con room!
I thought of wearing mask!!! Will it be weird?
I actually feel nausea even by standing near my window

you should.. jus wear for the sake of our health :) Totally can't breathe outside now, feel breathless!
its so common to wear mask in hk n tw, sadly ppl stare when they see ppl w a mask.. but couldn't care more now, nv noe wat damage the toxic smoke can do to us n our baby..

gnissim23

Fabmum: my gynae is more exp. Its abt 300plus per visit for my prev 2 visit. But gynae is good n highly recommended by my cousins so bearing with it. Heh. Cant afford to go so soon. I was scheduled 1 mth in between the visit. 2week plus more b4 my 3rd visit. Im still thinking if I shd skip oscar test.

Peenut: thank u for ur encouragement! Reallu praying hard its fine. Im so gonna get the fetal.doppler n try out. Hee.

Fay85: hmmm. Quite a good idea to push the gynae bk. Haha. But I cant wait for the gynae visit. Lol!

Missy10: yes! Wear mask. Try stay indoor n dun go out is better. I nvr step out this two days. Hubby go market buy food n I cook at home

illuz

Where are you taking your blood test and oscar? I'm excited and nervous at the same time..hehehe
I am taking the blood test at my gynae clinic. Still not sure if I should go ahead with Oscar, it seems that there's many false positives..

Last edited:
A friend of mine who is also currently pregnant wears mask to go to work. She doesn't care...my HTB is already contemplating on buying me a mask or locking me at home. So far, I'm still using my hanky to cover my nose when i go out. As of 4PM, it's at 158 according to the NEA website.

psi is at 190 nw.. guess am going to shut windows n doors at home... if not home will turn smoky too.. so envious of he MTBs who r not working..

kmyskl

psi is at 190 now.. guess am going to shut windows n doors at home... if not home will turn smoky too.. so envious of he MTBs who r not working..
The haze us really bad.... I totally agree that we should keep all windows closed and stay indoors.

kmyskl

I am taking the blood test at my gynae clinic. Still not sure if I should go ahead with Oscar, it seems that there's many false positives..
I didn't know that there would be false positives.... I'm scheduled for the scan this sat. And I'll be around 11 weeks 5 days. I hope it's not too early. Does anyone know if the scan done before 12 weeks would be feasible? I don't want it to be a wasted trip.

Peenut

I didn't know that there would be false positives.... I'm scheduled for the scan this sat. And I'll be around 11 weeks 5 days. I hope it's not too early. Does anyone know if the scan done before 12 weeks would be feasible? I don't want it to be a wasted trip.
It should be done between week 11-13 so u r fine. From what I read, false positives account for 2-3%.

kmyskl

Thanks Peenut for your assurance. Kinda excited cos will also be hearing baby's heartbeat for the first time. Has anyone heard theirs? How does it sound like?

ajcy

Kmyskl : won't spoil your surprise to hear your baby's heartbeat :) but I share your, excitement!

Take care everyone, on nea website, latest psi is 290 which is almost hazardous level (more than 300)

chapter

Thanks Peenut for your assurance. Kinda excited cos will also be hearing baby's heartbeat for the first time. Has anyone heard theirs? How does it sound like?
Yuppie, hubby and I so excited about it when the gynae amplifier the sound and let us hear ....so wonderful....

dear ladies, is very hazy out there, remember to take care...

Fay85

kmyskl, it's going to be an amazing experience. if possible get ur husband to stand by to record.. before I went in for the visit, I told my husband to standby his hp so that he could do the recording but in the end, both of us ended up so excited that we forgot about it.. hehe..

2 heartbeats beating in one..:biggrin:

illuz

It should be done between week 11-13 so u r fine. From what I read, false positives account for 2-3%.
I wished to clarify that Oscar is just a screening test and together with blood test, they group u into high risk or low risk. I would say false positives because there are many who are grouped into high risk go on to have perfectly healthy children. This screening test makes many parents to be worry unnecessarily and have to decide if they want to proceed on to the invasive diagnosis. The invasive diagnosis carry risk of miscarry and losing a healthy baby.

Rtal

Hi all,

its been a while since I update here. Seeing so many threads of discussion. So exciting. I am at my 11 weeks 2 days as of today. Went twice for my gynae appointment already and my OSCAR scan will be next Wednesday too! It's indeed exciting and heartwarming to hear bb heartbeat and see how much it has grow over the week. Can't wait to see my bb again next wk. I have been experiencing nauseouness, heart burn, burping and indigestion. On gaviscon too, was given med to help heartburn relieve, took for 5 days and I don't wish to take anymore cos the side effects is scarly, extreme sleepiness and tiredness. Surprisingly and God bless this wk suddenly felt better, fatigue seems to disappear and I can eat better but though heartburn still present. Oh I have a weird symptom too. Been having increased saliva production, hence I am spitting my saliva out into spit bags everyday. Hope this goes away soon as we move into 2nd trim. Anyone like me here?

Peenut

Hi Illuz: thanks for the detailed information on the OSCAR . =) Anyway, can I ask a silly question, how do u insert the pregnancy tracker into the post? Signature? TIA =)

illuz

Hi Illuz: thanks for the detailed information on the OSCAR . =) Anyway, can I ask a silly question, how do u insert the pregnancy tracker into the post? Signature? TIA =)
Hi, for the baby tracker or pregnancy tracker, you first google and custom design one u like. Think many if us got it from lilypie.

After u design, they will give you a HTML code.

You go to top of this page, go settings, left hand side edit signature, and paste the HTML in the box

Peenut

Hi, for the baby tracker or pregnancy tracker, you first google and custom design one u like. Think many if us got it from lilypie.

After u design, they will give you a HTML code.

You go to top of this page, go settings, left hand side edit signature, and paste the HTML in the box
Thank you so much Illuz! I still cannot do it because it said that HTML code is disabled. Is ok, thanks for the advice anyway.