EDD Jan 2014

Rzena

Hello mummies... Just went to the gynae this morning. Amidst the PSI 400 haze and cladded with N95 mask!
Baby was sleeping when gynae scanned...but all is good. Is healthy and growing well. I'm at 10weeks 5days now, 2 more weeks to the OSCAR scan! Looking forward to the end of 1st tri.. :)

Oh yah, I asked my gynae whether the haze has any negative impact on the baby. He say no, the risk is on the pregnant mother but not on the baby. The haze particles will affect the mother's respiratory system but not the baby. Baby is not breathing yet and is well-protected in the womb getting supplies thru blood which is filtered by the placenta. So dun worry abt ur developing babies, worry abt ourselves! Stay indoors if possible and wear n95 masks if u really have to go out! :)

Rzena, that's good to know. HTB asked me to stay in my room. Well, before he did the company already gave us the option to work from home due to the haze so stayed in my room today. Im excited and anxious about my oscar, hopefully everything turns out well. Stay safe everyone!

ajcy

Thanks for updates about haze and how it can affect.

My gyane mentioned to keep our own health up and that those studies that speak about detrimental effects of haze on development of baby are mostly still inconclusive and in lots of cases there are other factors affecting, so not just haze alone.

Mummies, i know it's common to have to wake up to use bathroom at night, but has anyone also woken up feeling hungry and need to eat? These last few nights it happened to me!!

illuz

Ajcy, it happens to me too especially between 8-10 weeks. There was even a couple of times I am so hungry it became gastric pain. But because I had very bad indigestion problems, after eating will make me so uncomfortable that I can't go back to sleep in the next few hours!

I kept a flask of warm water and small pkt of biscuit beside the bed munch on without getting out of bed

Missy10

ajcy:800560 said:
Thanks for updates about haze and how it can affect.

My gyane mentioned to keep our own health up and that those studies that speak about detrimental effects of haze on development of baby are mostly still inconclusive and in lots of cases there are other factors affecting, so not just haze alone.

Mummies, i know it's common to have to wake up to use bathroom at night, but has anyone also woken up feeling hungry and need to eat? These last few nights it happened to me!!
Me too, i can have dinner (rice) at 8pm, but feeling hungry at 11pm when i want to sleep.... then will wake up at 3am feeling very hungry again....

Rtal

Same here. At 11wks 4 days, last night I woke up at 3am feeling so hungry that I can feel gastric pain. Quickly woke up to eat and drink something. Looking forward to my Oscar scan next Wednesday. I used to have hives even before pregnancy in the recent yrs and I reckon it's hormonal change. I take anti histamine if really unbearable then but now I only apply tea tree oil gel which can be bought from watsons for relieve. It's non steroid so shld be safe to apply. But recently has lesser flare up.

Fay85

Ajcy, me too! there seems to be a sudden change in my appetite. Do you ladies get hungry easily now even in the day? I seems to be eating alot the whole time. I can be having a full lunch at 11 plus and getting hungry at 3pm. This is crazy...

ajcy

Haha ok.. it's normal then! HTB is very happy about this (I'm usually a small eater) but now hungry all the time.. for night snack I usually just have 3-5 peanut m&m and drink some water - it helps me..

Thks for sharing the link! sounds scary, rather b safe than sorry! I'm home bound for 2 days.. hope the condition will turn better! anyways, we shld jus wear n95, pM2.5 is really high..
btw ladies, anyone eats instant noodles often? It is always so yummy n I crave for it :(
I will usually pour boiling water over the noodles n rinse wif tap water before cooking it, hoping to get rid of some wax n oil, but am still afraid it has harmful effects, n only eat those mild flavored ones like chicken or prawn.. do u ladies also eat it?

Did you notice that today is a better day? I was able to see and feel the sun today. No smoky smell...PSI is at 85 as of 4pm. Hopefully this will continue...

kmyskl

Thks for sharing the link! sounds scary, rather b safe than sorry! I'm home bound for 2 days.. hope the condition will turn better! anyways, we shld jus wear n95, pM2.5 is really high..
btw ladies, anyone eats instant noodles often? It is always so yummy n I crave for it :(
I will usually pour boiling water over the noodles n rinse wif tap water before cooking it, hoping to get rid of some wax n oil, but am still afraid it has harmful effects, n only eat those mild flavored ones like chicken or prawn.. do u ladies also eat it?
I also crave for instant noodles.... My mom says there's no nutrients but I eat them without her knowing. Do we really need to wash off the wax? I never done that but read that it's not safe and should not even boil the flavoring powder to cook together. Any truths?? Sad if can have my favourite munch. I had durian today too... Celebration for healthy baby. Oscar scan went well today. Saw my baby dancing inside!!

illuz

Ooo.. I can't wait to see baby dancing!

Does everyone here have someone to help you look after baby? I meant after confinement and maternity leave.

We are living alone and both our parents already said they won't help us take care. Is hiring a maid better or sending baby to infant care?

I really dont't dare to use anything now. I used to take anti histamine and apply steroid cream. But I did some research and the safety of these steroid cream during pregnancy ain't established. So for now I only can apply physiogel cream. I also switched to sensitive skin body cleanser.

Didn't the doctor gave you anything to apply which is safe? If it gets unbearable, peenut's traditional method seems worth trying.
Due to pregnancy, the doctor doesn't give me anything to apply as he is worried if it'll worsen the situation and also if it'll affect the child :embarrassed: So he only gave me some histamine n could only take one pill once a day ... It's unbearable ....

Illuz , chiching: thanks for sharing abt the code n bump.com. I'll try gain later then. :)

jasminetay: my husband used to get hives a lot. So we use the old traditional method to stop the itch. Go buy Chinese rice wine from provision shop, dab on cotton n dab on ur hives. It only works for hives, not eczema or other rashes. The itch should subside in 15 min....
Thanks a lot for this tip, I'll try it if it happens again. Pray i wouldn't need to try. :p

Hi Rital, thanks a lot will get tea tree oil gell soon hope it'll help :)

By the way, just wondering if any of u realize a significant growth in ur tummy size ? Cos I'm only at week 10 next Monday ur I'm not able to button up my shorts at this current moment. Above that when do u think it's a good time to start applying cream to prevent stretch marks for our tummy ?

Ooo.. I can't wait to see baby dancing!

Does everyone here have someone to help you look after baby? I meant after confinement and maternity leave.

We are living alone and both our parents already said they won't help us take care. Is hiring a maid better or sending baby to infant care?
I'm facing the same issue as u, however it all depends on ur budget. I've done some research and realize that the difference of cost for infant care and hiring a domestic helper is almost 5times. As we need to buy annual insurance for the domestic helper which is $300 plus yearly, maid agency fee of about $2k for most of them and their pay which has increase to about $450-$550 depending which country you choose. All these excludes extra fee for weekends if u doesn't want her to go for off days. Not to include their levy fee of $175 after subsidy (if I didn't remember wrongly). That doesn't include their daily neccessity. Lastly, not to forget, to keep track of their movement. As in will they get to know some guys n bring them home ...etc.

My sister was once abused by our domestic helper, she used the iron on her legs and I used to get slapped by her when we refuse to listen to her. To be honest, I'm still tempted to hire one for being able to get help not just taking care of the child but also house work. So im still considering due to the high cost difference it incur and also the best experiences I once faced.

Any ideas from u guys ?

kmyskl

I feel that it all boils down to a few things.... Budget, privacy, peace of mind..... You never know for both infant care n domestic help if you are getting and able to give the best care for your child. Sometimes it's just a leap of faith.