Anyone going for Caesarian section?

uddermummy

went for emergency c-section. due to some silly screw up, i actually went through both ga and epidural!

cons of ga is that you'll feel groggy for some time after delivery, and you'll be shivering like mad if you happen to be unfortunate enuf to be awake after the surgery.

pro is that you are really knocked out loh, can't feel anything at all.

epidural can still feel pple pulling at your skin. but i wasn't freaked out cos was still groggy from ga. :p

I managed to bf my bb about 3 hours after delivery. I find that it didn't really hurt the wound cos the bb is held at breast level, not pubic level.

lying down to feed was painful cos have to move the whole body to a suitable position.

i super kiasi of pain, was taking the max dosage of painkillers throughout my stay. after my stay, was still taking panadol! :embarrassed:

apollo

went for emergency c-section. due to some silly screw up, i actually went through both ga and epidural!

cons of ga is that you'll feel groggy for some time after delivery, and you'll be shivering like mad if you happen to be unfortunate enuf to be awake after the surgery.

pro is that you are really knocked out loh, can't feel anything at all.

epidural can still feel pple pulling at your skin. but i wasn't freaked out cos was still groggy from ga. :p

I managed to bf my bb about 3 hours after delivery. I find that it didn't really hurt the wound cos the bb is held at breast level, not pubic level.

lying down to feed was painful cos have to move the whole body to a suitable position.

i super kiasi of pain, was taking the max dosage of painkillers throughout my stay. after my stay, was still taking panadol! :embarrassed:
ya agreed.. i went through 2 times of GA... when wake up, very drowsy but at least wont nd to wry of hearing those "cutting"

u BF aft 3 hrs?? u mean aft GA?? frankly i'm still in dilemma ofchoosing GA or epidural..

Epidural is good as in i can see BB "fresh from oven"...

GA good is, i dun hav to feel "eh....." when they're op-ing me but i'm afriad i can't BF BB on tt day itself.. if tt's e case will my BF "disappear??

try seeking advices from my close fren but dunno y they kinda feel tt c-sect will make me seems lik a "useless" mother alrdy and if i took GA, i'll be even more "useless"... though nv speak out but the meaning is there... *cries*

autumn82

ya agreed.. i went through 2 times of GA... when wake up, very drowsy but at least wont nd to wry of hearing those "cutting"

u BF aft 3 hrs?? u mean aft GA?? frankly i'm still in dilemma ofchoosing GA or epidural..

GA good is, i dun hav to feel "eh....." when they're op-ing me but i'm afriad i can't BF BB on tt day itself.. if tt's e case will my BF "disappear??

try seeking advices from my close fren but dunno y they kinda feel tt c-sect will make me seems lik a "useless" mother alrdy and if i took GA, i'll be even more "useless"... though nv speak out but the meaning is there... *cries*
:err::err::err: Ur frens from outer space? Or '40s when everyone has to go thru natural only? :embarrassed: Once the baby's out, I think there are more things for u to fret abt rather than which method shld u deliver.. :tlaugh:

Relax k... Jiayou~ :) Dun think so much abt others. Just do what U want to. It's yr life.. :p Excited hor.. Counting down liao!:001_302:

apollo

:err::err::err: Ur frens from outer space? Or '40s when everyone has to go thru natural only? :embarrassed: Once the baby's out, I think there are more things for u to fret abt rather than which method shld u deliver.. :tlaugh:

Relax k... Jiayou~ :) Dun think so much abt others. Just do what U want to. It's yr life.. :p Excited hor.. Counting down liao!:001_302:
no lashe didnt say tt.. but the meaning is there... maybe i shd think tis way: what makes a person a good mother is how she bring up her kids, not how she give birth to her kids...

yalo v excited.. hope my breastmilk will be flowing well by then.. hehe:tlaugh:

autumn82

no lashe didnt say tt.. but the meaning is there... maybe i shd think tis way: what makes a person a good mother is how she bring up her kids, not how she give birth to her kids...

yalo v excited.. hope my breastmilk will be flowing well by then.. hehe:tlaugh:
:err::err: Ya, bu ran ne? :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

Erm... relax wif the bm flow.. :p Mai ganchiong hor... Wait too stress also no good!! :) Enjoy sleeping while u can now!!! :001_302::001_302::001_302:

apollo

:err::err: Ya, bu ran ne? :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

Erm... relax wif the bm flow.. :p Mai ganchiong hor... Wait too stress also no good!! :) Enjoy sleeping while u can now!!! :001_302::001_302::001_302:
YES i'll!!! :tlaugh:

uddermummy

actually, i felt quite disappointed that i didn't deliver naturally cos I was already quite advanced in my contractions!

But then again, as long as bb and me are healthy, that's the most important. Also, even if we deliver by c-section, this doesn't change the fact that we also carry bbs in us for 10 months mah, not like we've got discount! haha.

don't bother about pple lah. pple will always have a lot of things to say, cos speech is free what. they talk (or suggest) a lot of crap also free what, so maybe that's why they prefer to talk more crap loh. Hee

The BM will come if you latch bb on regularly and frequently. Don't push yourself too hard, but it's impt to latch as soon as you're able to. Think it takes a few hours for the GA to wear off.

The thing about GA is that bb will feel drowsy as well and may not be that interested in latching.

One of my friends had epidural for c-section but she started panicking, so they gave her a tranquiliser.

pkshl

my colleague told me this too when we chat abt her birth experience as she went throught c-sec GA. she kept telling me its BEST to go natural because u can feel the pain of giving birth, but i feel that its still up to individual women.

apollo

actually, i felt quite disappointed that i didn't deliver naturally cos I was already quite advanced in my contractions!

But then again, as long as bb and me are healthy, that's the most important. Also, even if we deliver by c-section, this doesn't change the fact that we also carry bbs in us for 10 months mah, not like we've got discount! haha.

don't bother about pple lah. pple will always have a lot of things to say, cos speech is free what. they talk (or suggest) a lot of crap also free what, so maybe that's why they prefer to talk more crap loh. Hee

The BM will come if you latch bb on regularly and frequently. Don't push yourself too hard, but it's impt to latch as soon as you're able to. Think it takes a few hours for the GA to wear off.

The thing about GA is that bb will feel drowsy as well and may not be that interested in latching.

One of my friends had epidural for c-section but she started panicking, so they gave her a tranquiliser.
aft some tots, i tell myself, what makes us a good mother is not how we deliver the baby, is how we bring up and educate the baby..

my mum so scare i'll panic in the OP threatre too so she is totally disagree with me choosing epidural... hmmm i just feel abit guilty towards my hubby la cos he cant get to see bb fresh from oven...

anyone gave birth via c-sect + GA at TMC?? will hubby get to see BB immediately aft i gif birth and get to see him being weigh etc?? hehe...

apollo

my colleague told me this too when we chat abt her birth experience as she went throught c-sec GA. she kept telling me its BEST to go natural because u can feel the pain of giving birth, but i feel that its still up to individual women.
but actu i was quite surprised when i asked ard.. nowadays most ppl actu "encourage" c-sect... liik my mum, she said what if pain for 10hrs + and bb still dun wanna come out... as this happen quite often..

uddermummy

i think hubby can see the bb immediately after if everything is okay. You must remember to tell the nurses what you want or don't want when you are first admitted.

my hubby managed to take pics of bb being weighed.

hmmm. but you must be prepared cos c-section can be bloody painful when the painkiller wears off on the 2nd day. Think depends on individual's threshold. I was in pain for most of the first month, can die when get up from bed and when have to bend to go toilet.

Last edited:

apollo

i think hubby can see the bb immediately after if everything is okay. You must remember to tell the nurses what you want or don't want when you are first admitted.

my hubby managed to take pics of bb being weighed.

hmmm. but you must be prepared cos c-section can be bloody painful when the painkiller wears off on the 2nd day. Think depends on individual's threshold. I was in pain for most of the first month, can die when get up from bed and when have to bend to go toilet.
hmm we lost the chance to feel the actu labour pain, so bo bian gonna bear with the "post labour" pain... LOL...

uddermummy

actually, i went through 2nd stage contractions as well. :(

and I actually thought the contractions were more tolerable than the healing process of the c-section!!!

i was like $#@! every time i had to sneeze or cough and was hunched over for at least one month!

I think i'm quite chicken when it comes to these kind of cutting and stitching pains. Haha

apollo

actually, i went through 2nd stage contractions as well. :(

and I actually thought the contractions were more tolerable than the healing process of the c-section!!!

i was like $#@! every time i had to sneeze or cough and was hunched over for at least one month!

I think i'm quite chicken when it comes to these kind of cutting and stitching pains. Haha
eh heard tt laugh also will pain rite?? i will kill anyone who makes me laugh during tt period!

ginoh

Hi Everyone!

A mini intro about myself : New Media Designer. Crazy about fashion. A mum in the making with new found love in blogging. Oh! And my soft spot for banana walnut muffins!

Feeling so pregnant at 36weeks! lol. Does anyone tweet here? I hope to make new friends here... ^__^
:wong19:

Feeling alittle overwhelmed with the fact that I will be going for the C-sect on tentative date 2nd Aug & experiencing swollen feet now! (*gasp) EDD suppose to be 16th Aug. Delivering in Thomson Medical Center (TLC)...

Can anyone share your experiences on going through the process of C-sect? Should I be going for the half awake operation (epidural on the bottom half) or the All Knock Out type? Was told that it depends on whether you are the brave tiger or the scarly cat type!
:embarrassed: