Brewing of herbs

travellingrain

Hi all..i recently went to Thong Chai to start seeing TCM, as still no gd news..
Just seeking help from those who went Thong Chai before or other clinics which required to brew the chinese medicine. I was given the herbs after my menses to take..

Am quite lost about how to go about this...instructions were in chinese and after asking the person who gives us the herbs, he was saying to cook in claypot (is this correct?) from 3 bowls of water down to 1 bowl.
Then next day, cook the herbs again using 2.5 bowl down to 1 bowl.

Any1 has experience in this? And how long does it takes to boil..was thinking to use stove or to get those charcoal stove to slow boil...

Thanks in advance!!

shijiaxin

Hi travellingrain

yes they are right, i used stove and cook with claypot like this claypot.jpg
nowadays no one really use charcoal stove.

this is how i do it
soak the herbs for 30 mins first, then cook with high heat till boil which take about 2 mins then switch to small fire / heat to boil for around 45 mins.
i will check @ 30 mins to ensure the water level is equal to more than one boil and let it boil till one bowl

then the 2nd days, just put 2.5 bowls of water to boil for about 30 mins
same procedure, high heat bowl till boil and turn to small heat to brew for 30 mins

alternative you can buy those herb pot which cost around 70 bucks, it auto brew the herbs for you...

Hi all..i recently went to Thong Chai to start seeing traditional chinese medicine, as still no good news..
Just seeking help from those who went Thong Chai before or other clinics which required to brew the chinese medicine. I was given the herbs after my menses to take..

Am quite lost about how to go about this...instructions were in chinese and after asking the person who gives us the herbs, he was saying to cook in claypot (is this correct?) from 3 bowls of water down to 1 bowl.
Then next day, cook the herbs again using 2.5 bowl down to 1 bowl.

Any1 has experience in this? And how long does it takes to boil..was thinking to use stove or to get those charcoal stove to slow boil...

Thanks in advance!!

travellingrain

Thanks Shijiaxin

Really grateful for your info! I actually tried today to brew and over-brew it...3bowls i brew like 2hrs!!Until left only less than 1/4 bowl haha...really stupid of me. Tmr will put the 2.5 bowls of water..thanks for letting me know the timing..hope i dun over-brew it again!

But the smell and taste was very overpowering for me. Wondering how long i can take this...

So you also visit Thong Chai?Actually wat are these herb for? We went and were asked about our health, tests done... then doc just prescribe the herbs and ask to go back in 2 weeks to follow up... also never say what the herbs are for... and whether our case can cure with tcm..
But she did say tcm is long process...and if want fast results to go western instead.

Hi travellingrain

yes they are right, i used stove and cook with claypot like this View attachment 51562
nowadays no one really use charcoal stove.

this is how i do it
soak the herbs for 30 mins first, then cook with high heat till boil which take about 2 mins then switch to small fire / heat to boil for around 45 mins.
i will check @ 30 mins to ensure the water level is equal to more than one boil and let it boil till one bowl

then the 2nd days, just put 2.5 bowls of water to boil for about 30 mins
same procedure, high heat bowl till boil and turn to small heat to brew for 30 mins

alternative you can buy those herb pot which cost around 70 bucks, it auto brew the herbs for you...

shijiaxin

Hi travellingrain

mind sharing what condition u both got?

TCM is a long process indeed, and i think it better than western as western medicine alway have side effect...

I seeing Chen Qui Mei, she used to be from TongJi but now she is a lecturer in NTU
i hope she can help me, but ultimately see need a bit western help like scanning and xray.

Thanks Shijiaxin

Really grateful for your info! I actually tried today to brew and over-brew it...3bowls i brew like 2hrs!!Until left only less than 1/4 bowl haha...really stupid of me. tomorrow will put the 2.5 bowls of water..thanks for letting me know the timing..hope i dont over-brew it again!

But the smell and taste was very overpowering for me. Wondering how long i can take this...

So you also visit Thong Chai?Actually what are these herb for? We went and were asked about our health, tests done... then doc just prescribe the herbs and ask to go back in 2 weeks to follow up... also never say what the herbs are for... and whether our case can cure with traditional chinese medicine..
But she did say traditional chinese medicine is long process...and if want fast results to go western instead.

travellingrain

Hi Shijiaxin

For us, we just started seeing tcm..previously did a series of tests at kkh. Mine is 1 side block (tube) and my hubby SA is not tat gd, abnormality in shape. Doc did mention IVF which is the only way in western med. Because both also go problem.
But IVF is not 100%, and very costly and time consuming too..plus i heard about injections etc which worries me abit. So trying tcm now..

How about you?

Is the Dr Chen, the famous dr from Tong CHai? we were thinking of going to her at Thong Chai, then realised she is no longer there. So she is a lecturer at NTU? Also seeing patients there? Can i check with u the cost of seeing her and medicine cost? As Thong CHai, we only need to donate..so its stil quite affordable in the long run..

Wish u all the best and lots baby dust... :)

Hi travellingrain

mind sharing what condition you both got?

traditional chinese medicine is a long process indeed, and i think it better than western as western medicine alway have side effect...

I seeing Chen Qui Mei, she used to be from TongJi but now she is a lecturer in NTU
i hope she can help me, but ultimately see need a bit western help like scanning and xray.

shijiaxin

OMG OMG your situation is exactly the same as my!!!
my left tube is not functioning well!!
and my hubby's solider shape is not good too...
IVF is really very expensive and time consuming hence we opt for TCM so hope chinese will help

Hi Shijiaxin

For us, we just started seeing traditional chinese medicine..previously did a series of tests at Kandang Kerbau Hospital. Mine is 1 side block (tube) and my hubby SA is not that good, abnormality in shape. Doc did mention IVF which is the only way in western med. Because both also go problem.
But IVF is not 100%, and very costly and time consuming too..plus i heard about injections etc which worries me abit. So trying traditional chinese medicine now..

How about you?

Is the Dr Chen, the famous dr from Tong CHai? we were thinking of going to her at Thong Chai, then realised she is no longer there. So she is a lecturer at NTU? Also seeing patients there? Can i check with you the cost of seeing her and medicine cost? As Thong CHai, we only need to donate..so its stil quite affordable in the long run..

Wish you all the best and lots baby dust... :)

fynn

Aiyo! For busy women like us, it would be a little troublesome to use the traditional methods for brewing herbs...
Go to people park complex or centre, can't remember which one.
Buy those electronic "brewer".
Just put in the herbs and water.
On the switch and wait for the "beep" to inform you that the medicine is ready.
You can start switching it on in the morning and turn it to "slow" mode.
After work, come home then drink. =)

shijiaxin

Hi Fynn

you are right , but that pot cost about 70 plus right?
i saw it at harvey norman... was thinking to buy but was thinking to save the money :001_302:

Aiyo! For busy women like us, it would be a little troublesome to use the traditional methods for brewing herbs...
Go to people park complex or centre, can't remember which one.
Buy those electronic "brewer".
Just put in the herbs and water.
On the switch and wait for the "beep" to inform you that the medicine is ready.
You can start switching it on in the morning and turn it to "slow" mode.
After work, come home then drink. =)

shijiaxin

heee... ok ok anyway i wont be buying lah since already bought the pot for 6 Bucks!! heee...
the cooking only takes less than an hour so still can afford for the time...

Hmmm.. I didnt see in harvey wor.. I think myhouse version is 60 or cheaper. And is big!!!

travellingrain

Hi Shijiaxin

Sorry for the late reply..such a funni coincidence tat we have the exact same probs?! Nobody i know has... and some is only 1 partner has prob, the other is ok...

So for our case, its both which makes it more difficult. IVF in western med is the best solution.
We also not looking into this since we stil got some chance (though slim) to strike naturally on our own! Let's hope for the best..

And meantime, to go TCM..though i really dun know how long i can take it haha...the herbs are really strong smelling and abit awful to drink! Plus the visits to doc takes time too. Which is not easy unless not working...

OMG OMG your situation is exactly the same as my!!!
my left tube is not functioning well!!
and my hubby's solider shape is not good too...
IVF is really very expensive and time consuming hence we opt for TCM so hope chinese will help

shijiaxin

Hi travellingrain

Same here there are some chances for us to strike naturally... so i hope by chinese medication will help us fulfill...

not matter what... western medication alway have side effect hence.... i rather take a long path

Hi Shijiaxin

Sorry for the late reply..such a funni coincidence that we have the exact same probs?! Nobody i know has... and some is only 1 partner has prob, the other is ok...

So for our case, its both which makes it more difficult. IVF in western med is the best solution.
We also not looking into this since we stil got some chance (though slim) to strike naturally on our own! Let's hope for the best..

And meantime, to go traditional chinese medicine..though i really dont know how long i can take it haha...the herbs are really strong smelling and abit awful to drink! Plus the visits to doc takes time too. Which is not easy unless not working...

Oscar D

Hi all,

I am new here. wanted to conceive for a while. been to serangoon sinseh for awhile but no news. No idea should i go for the western help, eg blood test, ivf etc. But heard its very costly.

Anyone can share with me Dr Chen Qiu Mei charges and if I don;t have any medical report for her to review, will she still be able to see me and so called tiao my body? Or should I go for a gynae checkup, have the medical report before going to her?

Can someone help and advise?

Appreciate that.

QQQ

halo.. i am new to the forum..
i am started to take chinese medicine, and trying to buy the claypot.
Anyone can tell me where to find? :)
thanks a lot..