Caesarean Section (C-Sect) - Welcome all Advices & Sharing!

faye2678

Hi All,

I gave birth to my fraternal twin girls on 11th Jan via Natural & C-sect... Ouch!!!
Nasty post-ops feeling! :07:

Apparently my 2nd twin slipped out of position (though head down) after my 1st twin came out. So after some 20+ mins, my doctor decided i had to be cut-up with local anaesthesia... Sigh!

The "worst" part through it all (labour), my husband was not allowed in the OT to witness the delivery of our babies! So sad... :eek:10:

My Verdict : Please try not to opt for Caesarean Section if you can go all Natural...
The "momentarily" pain you endure while giving birth naturally is nothing compared to post-ops aches/pain due to C-sect... Seriously! :err:

Getting in/out of bed & sofa/chair is a torture... Now hoping the healing process speeds up - breastfeeding twins is no easy feat! haha...

Once again, thank you to all who shared your experiences with me. At least I was not caught off guard when I had to be C-sect. :)

keefu

Hi, mummies who went thru c-sect, do u have bloated tummy after the ops? How long does it take to flatten the tummy?
Yes I have bloated tummy like I am five months pregnant. It takes me about 3 weeks to get back to almost the same as pre pregency size.

keefu

Hi All,

I gave birth to my fraternal twin girls on 11th Jan via Natural & C-sect... Ouch!!!
Nasty post-ops feeling! :07:

Apparently my 2nd twin slipped out of position (though head down) after my 1st twin came out. So after some 20+ mins, my doctor decided i had to be cut-up with local anaesthesia... Sigh!

The "worst" part through it all (labour), my husband was not allowed in the OT to witness the delivery of our babies! So sad... :eek:10:

My Verdict : Please try not to opt for Caesarean Section if you can go all Natural...
The "momentarily" pain you endure while giving birth naturally is nothing compared to post-ops aches/pain due to C-sect... Seriously! :err:

Getting in/out of bed & sofa/chair is a torture... Now hoping the healing process speeds up - breastfeeding twins is no easy feat! haha...

Once again, thank you to all who shared your experiences with me. At least I was not caught off guard when I had to be C-sect. :)
Ouch I understand how the feeling sucks when you trying to opt for natural but ends up a Caesarean... Seems like twin babies are very hard to deliver no matter what the delivery method is... Rest more while you can and take care of your back area while breastfeeding...

Nevertheless congrats for having your healthy twins delivered successfully and nice birthdate they have! :D

PinkDiamonds

hi mummies, just wanted to share that i delivered my twins via c-section last october @ TMC.

Initially my gynae recommended C-section with spinal anesthesia, but upon admissions we were told that the hospital has a maternity package for twins delivery but only applicable to GA & epidural. So I ended up going for epidural.

They were delivered at 8.09am & 8.11am. I had very bad shivers due to the epidural & also had nausea during the procedure. Hubby was there with me. I think for TMC only GA hubby cannot be present. But not sure about other hospitals.

My pressure bandage was removed the next morning and the nurse will help u put on the binder. It helps to hold your tummy so that it won't be so painful to walk around. But in the end I walked around the hospital without the binder as I didn't like the feeling. The binder can help you feel less painful at the wound but at that time to me got binder, no binder also pain. Hahaha.

You can wear a corset or girdle once the surface of your scar heals I think, probably around 1 month post-op. :)

I am getting 1 to wear during CNY as it seems that this time round due to my tummy stretching so much from carrying twins, it's taking a longer time to shrink!

maneo0302

Hi mummies, i heard from other threads that your hubby can accompany u in the op theatre if you go for epi c-sect in Mt.Alvenia. But not in kk hospital. Guess that's the positive side of pvt hospitals, at least for me.

Make a pregnancy ticker

hackers13jo

Hi Mummies,

I feel much better after reading all the postings. I am new to this forum but I need to go for c-sect this friday. I am a bit worried and scare so wish me luck. :)

hackers13jo

I'm still thinking whether to go for GA or awake type. Wait for my gynea to advise then.
Dear maneo0302,

Successfully deliver my baby gal via c sect at TMC last friday. Now we are happily back home. Just to let you know that I did epidural (half body) as my gynae said that GA have more side effect.

gumbokins

congrats dear!!

rest well and don't overexert yah! can drink pollney fish essence to help with the recovery :D :D

wxw001

hiya, mine was an emergency C-sect after many hours of waiting( trying out natural first)... . I took epi early, so my bottom half is almost numb all the time.... one thing i tot was good that is to cry non-stop. crying was a relief for me, so i feel tired and can't really concentrate, so when the epi was jabbed in, i din really feel... cos' i was so scared and crying non-stop.... my poor doc must be feeling so stressed with me the cry-baby. haha~. as i had already taken the epi, the doc just added in another medicine to my drip to fully numb the bottom body for the c-section. I vomited a few times, kept shivering. but the docs n nurses were fast. they pushed me to the op room, covered partial of my body at the shoulders area, so i cannot see anything... then i felt some pushing of my body then silence for a while before i hear baby cry... kekek

Dear maneo0302,

Successfully deliver my baby gal via c sect at Thomson Medical Center last friday. Now we are happily back home. Just to let you know that I did epidural (half body) as my gynae said that GA have more side effect.

congrats :Dancing_tongue: yes my gynae told me this too... my 2nd kid was also c-sect (GA) so this time i ask my gynae whether i can go for eqidural c-sect (half body) cos i have asthma.. she told me no problem... so i have chose half body keke and hubby will accompany me to go in too... i will deliver at Thomson Medical Center:001_302: