Chit Chat for MTB in 1st trimester

zaclin29

Hi all mummies,
I am new in this thread, went for 1st visit this afternoon and gynae only able to see water bag.
Said still in early preggie, just ard 5 weeks.
Anyone has the same during early check?

Hi Zaclin, its me ... PuzzledME...

Hey hey PuzzledME!

Welcome to this thread!! Hehehe...

I went for my 1st check up at 6 wks and doc cant see anything (not even water sac) or detect heartbeat...
And it is normal to be able to see the water sac only at 5 wks... Dont worry.... It's still too early.... :)

puzzledME

Hey hey PuzzledME!

Welcome to this thread!! Hehehe...

I went for my 1st check up at 6 wks and doc cant see anything (not even water sac) or detect heartbeat...
And it is normal to be able to see the water sac only at 5 wks... Dont worry.... It's still too early.... :)
Thanks Zaclin, always feel nice chatting with you...
Ok, will be good and stay in bed for now..

Are your breast ok?
Did you call gynae to ask why
They will put ur mind at ease ...
Call them tmr ok..

zaclin29

Thanks Zaclin, always feel nice chatting with you...
Ok, will be good and stay in bed for now..

Are your breast ok?
Did you call gynae to ask why
They will put ur mind at ease ...
Call them tmr ok..

Thanks puzzledME...
My check up is tomorrow so will ask doc abt it....

For you, do rest well and take care of your food intake.... Dont walk too much or carry heavy things for now...

puzzledME

Thanks puzzledME...
My check up is tomorrow so will ask doc abt it....

For you, do rest well and take care of your food intake.... Dont walk too much or carry heavy things for now...
Ok good remember to ask why

Am resting since Sunday...staying in bed except for bathing drinking and toilet break
Think my butt has flatten a lot..hehe

Dilys

Yup... I did light massage on my breasts last night... but somehow I got more "attacks" today.. :(
Hi

Oh try to relax urself.. The cramp comes and goes off right ?? Usually it's normal.. Due to hormone changes. The pain should be bearable.

felicity

Don"t worry I am sure u will get a suitable bra soon :) Jia you ... Ya advisable not to buy online.. Cos u can't try on!

I think u can try marks n spencer! They have pretty good ones I think! ^.^
thanks Dilys and Jeanette! =)

sometimes i really wish i can rest more... my job doesn't allow me to rest much as i'm always walking, climbing stairs, and using a lot of energy... but i'm also grateful that i still hv the energy to to stay on the ball and enthusiastic everyday. but after work i feel seriously drained... sapped of all energy. right i guess it's time for bed... goodnite mummies!

Hi mflee, I have asthma too. Are you taking any preventer for it? If you are, pls chk with your doc if your preventer is safe for pregnancy. I used to use seretide but my doc changed it to pulmicort which he says is generally safe for pregnancy. Ventolin is ok. Hope you'll feel better soon!

hey thx babe. thats very reassuring. but ive been coughing badly plus asthma for the past 1 month so am kinda of worried.

Jeanette2207

Good Saturday ladies! How's all? I'd been feeling hungry alot lately! Sian. If I don't eat something, I can't sleep. Wish I will eat lesser soon. Don't wanna put on weight. :(

Dilys

Good Saturday ladies! How's all? I'd been feeling hungry alot lately! Sian. If I don't eat something, I can't sleep. Wish I will eat lesser soon. Don't wanna put on weight. :(
Hi

Its a luxury to eat while u can! Some mummies can't even eat due to horrible MS. :) during pregnancy never think of losing weight. U can't stop weight gaining during pregnancy.. Some mummies will just balloon up like nobody business.. Some mummies just gain abit of it. For the sake of you & your baby eat healthy & what u feel like eating.

2nd trimester u should go back to your normal eating style :) Jia you !! Ensure for the 1st trimester ... It will be very soon over !!

puzzledME

Hi Jeanette,
Same here, am eating almost every 2-3 hrs...
Even though hungry, not all food are to my craving... Can be quite pickly..
Are you the same?

Took my weight and has gone from 46 to 49... Only 6 week..

Yet can't be helped, the hunger comes and hv to eat...

Guess this is better than ms..

Dun worry and take small bites to solve the hunger.. Need not be a full meal..

Jeanette2207

Hi Jeanette,
Same here, am eating almost every 2-3 hrs...
Even though hungry, not all food are to my craving... Can be quite pickly..
Are you the same?

Took my weight and has gone from 46 to 49... Only 6 week..

Yet can't be helped, the hunger comes and hv to eat...

Guess this is better than ms..

Dun worry and take small bites to solve the hunger.. Need not be a full meal..
1kg for me. Frm 43 to 44. Same also! Quite picky, no idea what to eat yet needs to eat. I used to sleep hungry to avoid supper, now I can't! I tried once and I remained awake for 2 hrs. Learnt my lesson n now I eat before I sleep. Hahaha. I stored yoghurt for supper hunger! ^.^

Jeanette2207

Hi

Its a luxury to eat while u can! Some mummies can't even eat due to horrible MS. :) during pregnancy never think of losing weight. U can't stop weight gaining during pregnancy.. Some mummies will just balloon up like nobody business.. Some mummies just gain abit of it. For the sake of you & your baby eat healthy & what u feel like eating.

2nd trimester u should go back to your normal eating style :) Jia you !! Ensure for the 1st trimester ... It will be very soon over !!
True! Lucky me. Just quite dislike the gastric pain if I wait a little longer to eat. Hope 2nd trimester will be better. The constant eating is scary.. ^.^ do u eat alot in ur 1st trimester too? How much weight did u gain? What's the normal gain?? ^.^

Dilys

True! Lucky me. Just quite dislike the gastric pain if I wait a little longer to eat. Hope 2nd trimester will be better. The constant eating is scary.. ^.^ do u eat alot in ur 1st trimester too? How much weight did u gain? What's the normal gain?? ^.^
Hi

U shouldn't allow urself to go hungry.. Cos when u r hungry gastric will produce acid which is not Gd for baby. During 1st trimester, I have a total change of my usual Appeittee.. I live on bee hoon (fried,soup), cold milo ,biscuits and fruits for first 3 mths. (* baby is very picky with the taste of food just like hubby, so whole 1st trimester what I eat were my hubby"s fav. I lost 4kg.

Exactly into 2 trimester, 12week my Appeitte before preggie came back, I eat almost anything... I had 2 whole weeks of curry fish head. I had mee soto (craving) for my whole 2nd trimester. I gain back my 4kg.

* I start taking bird nest & cordyceps with black chicken soup every week starting from 12weeks.

Now my 3rd trimester, I am eating just like normal meal before preggie.. Eat what I feel like eating :) baby loves fast food ... I had Mcspicy sometimes straight for one week, rib eye steak, spaghetti etc. I started to gained abit on weight at 20weeks when baby is also gaining.

So far 29wk 5d, total gain for me is 5kg & baby is at 1.2kg.

I am consider on the lean side & also quite tall so i don't look like I put on any weight except a tummy :) depends on your genes also.. I m exactly like my mum,she doesn't gain alot of weight when she is having us (5 of us), she got no stretchmarks.. Now she is in her 50s her skin is still fair & nice with no marks.

Every mummies are different, some can be very lean, petite before preggie.. Suddenly during preggie they balloon up to 10 kg or even to 20kg. Gaining weight maybe due to water retention,leg swelling etc.

So u got to drink lots of water so that you will not suffer with water retention.. I had 2-3 litres per day. Oh ya !! One important thing is to be happy & stress free everyday.. (*stress may cause uneccessary of weight gaining)

No tonic is allowed in 1st trimester. Start taking at 12wks but u got to check with your gynae or a Chinese doc how often u can take bird nest and cordyceps. * cordyceps are very Gd.. Baby will gain weight & stronger after taking them.

Jia you!!

felicity

i'm already around 70kg... gaining weight like nobody's business. i hv cravings and i'll eat, but i'm still puking too, on and off. and it's difficult to avoid stress from work... but will do all i can to make sure that the well being of my little one is taken care of!

Jeanette2207

Thanks!! I'm not goin hungry anymore. Haha. After the first trial. ^.^ I just moved my Gynae visit a week earlier cos I'm having brown discharge. Not as much as when I had m/c last aug but enough to make me worried. Breast not as sore anymore. So it's kinda making me think that symptoms r goin away. :( but keeping myself happy and reading alot more. Hope to have good news on thurs. help me cross ur fingers too ladies. ^.*

Hi

U shouldn't allow urself to go hungry.. Cos when u r hungry gastric will produce acid which is not Gd for baby. During 1st trimester, I have a total change of my usual Appeittee.. I live on bee hoon (fried,soup), cold milo ,biscuits and fruits for first 3 mths. (* baby is very picky with the taste of food just like hubby, so whole 1st trimester what I eat were my hubby"s fav. I lost 4kg.

Exactly into 2 trimester, 12week my Appeitte before preggie came back, I eat almost anything... I had 2 whole weeks of curry fish head. I had mee soto (craving) for my whole 2nd trimester. I gain back my 4kg.

* I start taking bird nest & cordyceps with black chicken soup every week starting from 12weeks.

Now my 3rd trimester, I am eating just like normal meal before preggie.. Eat what I feel like eating :) baby loves fast food ... I had Mcspicy sometimes straight for one week, rib eye steak, spaghetti etc. I started to gained abit on weight at 20weeks when baby is also gaining.

So far 29wk 5d, total gain for me is 5kg & baby is at 1.2kg.

I am consider on the lean side & also quite tall so i don't look like I put on any weight except a tummy :) depends on your genes also.. I m exactly like my mum,she doesn't gain alot of weight when she is having us (5 of us), she got no stretchmarks.. Now she is in her 50s her skin is still fair & nice with no marks.

Every mummies are different, some can be very lean, petite before preggie.. Suddenly during preggie they balloon up to 10 kg or even to 20kg. Gaining weight maybe due to water retention,leg swelling etc.

So u got to drink lots of water so that you will not suffer with water retention.. I had 2-3 litres per day. Oh ya !! One important thing is to be happy & stress free everyday.. (*stress may cause uneccessary of weight gaining)

No tonic is allowed in 1st trimester. Start taking at 12wks but u got to check with your gynae or a Chinese doc how often u can take bird nest and cordyceps. * cordyceps are very Gd.. Baby will gain weight & stronger after taking them.

Jia you!!

Dilys

Thanks!! I'm not goin hungry anymore. Haha. After the first trial. ^.^ I just moved my Gynae visit a week earlier cos I'm having brown discharge. Not as much as when I had m/c last aug but enough to make me worried. Breast not as sore anymore. So it's kinda making me think that symptoms r goin away. :( but keeping myself happy and reading alot more. Hope to have good news on thurs. help me cross ur fingers too ladies. ^.*
U should be visiting ur gynae ASAP as u r having brown discharge. I really hope everything will be fine for u ! But pls don't take things too lightly on your pregnancy.. Especially when the later stage when u need to monitor ur baby movement.

Some mummies like u .. can be worried but not visiting gynae ASAP .. Things can happen if u visit gynae abit later. Jia you!!

Jeanette2207

U should be visiting ur gynae ASAP as u r having brown discharge. I really hope everything will be fine for u ! But pls don't take things too lightly on your pregnancy.. Especially when the later stage when u need to monitor ur baby movement.

Some mummies like u .. can be worried but not visiting gynae ASAP .. Things can happen if u visit gynae abit later. Jia you!!
Cos discharge is on off n Amt is not scary. Anyway will be seeing doc on thurs. haha. I take things easily so I won't be too stressed abt it. ^.^ wonder if 6 weeks is too early to see anything on u/s.

Dilys

Cos discharge is on off n Amt is not scary. Anyway will be seeing doc on thurs. haha. I take things easily so I won't be too stressed abt it. ^.^ wonder if 6 weeks is too early to see anything on u/s.
6 weeks u will be able to see the sac already. 8 wks u will be able to hear the heartbeat.

felicity

jeanette i'm like u!

my breasts aren't sore anymore and at the beginning my nipples will be protruding... now back to their inverted look... i'm really worried that the symptoms going away means something bad :( because one day few days ago i dreamt my bb heartbeat stopped, cried like mad. no discharge though. can't wait for my next appt next tues!