Curious abt Shichida Method and need advice for 1 year old

cmeilim

Hi

I know that SM classes start from as young as 3-4 months old. My boy is coming to 1 year old and showing a keeness to learn things, and capability of grasping new words quite fast. I am not sure if I want to send him to formal classes yet and I have a degree of scepticism about all these expensive flashcard programmes, but I don't mind exploring buying a couple of home kits to try with him first to gauge his response, 'test waters'.

Can I get some advice on which sets of training cards or materials from SM I should get to start him off and how do I do those cards or home training with him?

Are those random/variety/organised dot cards useful at his age?

At what ages do I introduce flash memory, colour memory, space memory, matching memory, memory linking, photographic memory, mandala, power of suggestion, etc etc?

i am lost amid all the different types of training under SM! any advice from parents whose kids are undergoing SM training will be much appreciated. =)

Tks in advance!!

newbie2009

Shichida linking memory book 1&2 with cds

Brand new. Bought an extra set.

Comes with instructions and other activities to be used.

Bought at $55+. Willing to let go @ $45. Pm if interested.

don

Alpha Male
anyone can advise?
Actually you can try flash memory first.. i.e those flash cards, the dot cards is to help to faciliate their mathematics..

You might want to visit them at toa payoh hub.. listen to them and drop by their bookstore at 19 storey.. it might help to clear ur doubts..

cheers

cmeilim

Actually you can try flash memory first.. i.e those flash cards, the dot cards is to help to faciliate their mathematics..

You might want to visit them at toa payoh hub.. listen to them and drop by their bookstore at 19 storey.. it might help to clear your doubts..

cheers

hi dont, tks for the advice. is it possible to visit their bookshop and buy stuff from there without signing on the classes or attending any preview workshops for parents? what is the address at toa payoh hub?

wawa

I am between should i or should i not try the home teaching shichida method. I am unable to bring my coming to 1 year to the classes so I thought of doing it myself at home. I wonder would it be as good? Also, the home kit materials are not cheap as well. Cost about $400 for the full set.

newbie2009

cmeilim said:
hi

does your set include the flashcards? if not, what are the books and CDs used for?
Oh, it is a book of pictures say 9 by 4. Your child is supposed to look at them while you read the story to them, then tell you what they have saw. After training, they should recall up to 50 images and above.

Alternatively, you can also cut the book and show to your child while you read. Then ask them to arrange the pieces in sequence.

It doesn't include flashcards.

It is sold in Tensai shop in HDB Hub Level 19. You can go and take a look.

jojoki

Oh, it is a book of pictures say 9 by 4. Your child is supposed to look at them while you read the story to them, then tell you what they have saw. After training, they should recall up to 50 images and above.

Alternatively, you can also cut the book and show to your child while you read. Then ask them to arrange the pieces in sequence.

It doesn't include flashcards.

It is sold in Tensai shop in HDB Hub Level 19. You can go and take a look.
hihi, u can try kiasuparents forum, quite a fair bit of info on shichida method.

View Forum - Math, Intellectual, Thinking And Mind Training | KiasuParents.com

cheers