Dr Adrian Woodworth at Compass Point

AngieTan

Thanks Angie. To avoid so mafan, i will go down to my existing gynae and do my 2nd time scan. If my pregnancy stabilises with witness of my baby's heartbeat, then i will go to dr. Adrain to sign his package. Coz at this stage, i think i need slightly more attention from the gynae bt i reckon dr. Adrain will be too busy to give me te attention i need. ;)
Although he is busy, he will still attend to you de lah... :) Anyway, when will you see your gynae again? 14th June?

yvonne_ktw

Yea, when i got problem didn't visit him. i will call or SMS him as and when i like and he will respond actually. No doubt he's a 5min doctor~ but when i say i got question he will ask me : ok, sit down and say.

But, i notice he like to ask ppl to c-sec!!! well, my 2nd BB also going to c-sec even if he didn't ask me not to natural. But his cutting skill i must say is really FANTASTIC!! worth the money for c-sec =x almost invisible scar...

tcindy81

@ Angie: Yup, my nexr gynae appt is 14th jun. 2 days from now. Really hope to see the heartbeat by then.

@ Yvonne: I think he is pushing for c-sect so that he plan his schedule as he has so many people going to him. Theorotically, its is so not ethical for him to do that. But i don't mind this since I'm opting for c-sect as well. I can't take the sudden shock and pain that my baby is going to due next min. I like to plan things ahead like when to start my maternity leave, pack up for hospital stay and etc. ;) hee

AngieTan

@ Angie: Yup, my nexr gynae appt is 14th jun. 2 days from now. Really hope to see the heartbeat by then.

@ Yvonne: I think he is pushing for c-sect so that he plan his schedule as he has so many people going to him. Theorotically, its is so not ethical for him to do that. But i don't mind this since I'm opting for c-sect as well. I can't take the sudden shock and pain that my baby is going to due next min. I like to plan things ahead like when to start my maternity leave, pack up for hospital stay and etc. ;) hee
Wish all the best for you... Do keep us updated... =)

Ya can sms him and he replies rather promptly... Many were shocked when I told them I can sms my gynae and he replies... Haha... I also thought initially that he prefers to ask mummies to go for c-sect and asked other mummies who goes to him but most also had births delivered naturally by him... Mine was also the same... But I believe that c-sect does save him time and most gynaes would prefer that I guess... And yes, his stitching is well known to be excellent from everyone I heard from and from my personal experience (even though it was not a c-sect cut, but an episiotomy which healed up pretty well and quick)...

tcindy81

Hey Angie, I just went for my gynae appt yesterday. Finally, the gynae confirmed that I'm 6w4d and could see the heartbeat. According to Gynae, the heartbeat is normal for 6 weeks, but didn't tell me the rate.

It's the most assuring moment for me in the last 3 weeks. :)

AngieTan

Hey Angie, I just went for my gynae appt yesterday. Finally, the gynae confirmed that I'm 6w4d and could see the heartbeat. According to Gynae, the heartbeat is normal for 6 weeks, but didn't tell me the rate.

It's the most assuring moment for me in the last 3 weeks. :)
That's great news! Congrats! =D

Finally your heart and mind can be at peace... I don't know heartrate also... Dr Adrian's equipment can't tell... Haha... To him, as long as got heartbeat, it's good enough already... For me, only can hear heartbeat and see heartrate during tests and detailed scan...

So how? Decide to change gynae already or stick to your current one?

Oh ya... Any EDD yet? Should be in 2012 already right?

tcindy81

That's great news! Congrats! =D

Finally your heart and mind can be at peace... I don't know heartrate also... Dr Adrian's equipment can't tell... Haha... To him, as long as got heartbeat, it's good enough already... For me, only can hear heartbeat and see heartrate during tests and detailed scan...

So how? Decide to change gynae already or stick to your current one?

Oh ya... Any EDD yet? Should be in 2012 already right?
Yes, I think I will change to Dr. Adrain. Its too exp to see my current gynae. They do not have any package available and imagine my 1st visit, i spent $130+ and yesterday, spent another $150+. Its already half of Dr. Adrain's package.

Yesterday, I was given another 2 weeks supply of Duphaston and was told to re-visit after 2 weeks. So, i tink after 2 weeks, I will see Dr. Adrain instead.

Btw, my EDD is on 7th Feb 2012. So, might be a late rabbit or early dragon baby.. ;)

AngieTan

Yes, I think I will change to Dr. Adrain. Its too exp to see my current gynae. They do not have any package available and imagine my 1st visit, i spent $130+ and yesterday, spent another $150+. Its already half of Dr. Adrain's package.

Yesterday, I was given another 2 weeks supply of Duphaston and was told to re-visit after 2 weeks. So, i tink after 2 weeks, I will see Dr. Adrain instead.

Btw, my EDD is on 7th Feb 2012. So, might be a late rabbit or early dragon baby.. ;)
Ya very expensive... My friend's gynae also the same... Pay per visit, no package... It's so so expensive... But like I said, expect to get what you pay for lah cos Dr Adrian is a super busy man with lots of patients to see so don't expect those private long sessions with him... Haha... Also, his clinic is joined with another GP clinic so it's really very small with limited waiting seats and it's usually packed with both side's patients ... Expect to stand and wait outside lor... You took down their number right? Anyway, make appointment also must take queue number so it's really not much of a difference having an appointment or not... So just go early so you won't have to wait that long...

But if you revisit your current gynae in 2 weeks time then you got to pay for another visit leh... Then more money spent also... By the way, are you still spotting?

Rabbit or dragon, we shall see! Hehe... Your first baby?

Last edited:

tcindy81

Ya very expensive... My friend's gynae also the same... Pay per visit, no package... It's so so expensive... But like I said, expect to get what you pay for lah cos Dr Adrian is a super busy man with lots of patients to see so don't expect those private long sessions with him... Haha... Also, his clinic is joined with another GP clinic so it's really very small with limited waiting seats and it's usually packed with both side's patients ... Expect to stand and wait outside lor... You took down their number right? Anyway, make appointment also must take queue number so it's really not much of a difference having an appointment or not... So just go early so you won't have to wait that long...

But if you revisit your current gynae in 2 weeks time then you got to pay for another visit leh... Then more money spent also... By the way, are you still spotting?

Rabbit or dragon, we shall see! Hehe... Your first baby?
Yah, I understand that the condition of Dr. Adrain's clinic might not be even close to my current gynae. But considering the money spent, maybe got to give and take a little. Anyway, I shall give Dr. Adrain a try after 2 weeks and see how it goes.

Yes, this is my first baby and that's y I may sound a little paranoid initially and seems to be worrying for everything. :)

AngieTan

Yah, I understand that the condition of Dr. Adrain's clinic might not be even close to my current gynae. But considering the money spent, maybe got to give and take a little. Anyway, I shall give Dr. Adrain a try after 2 weeks and see how it goes.

Yes, this is my first baby and that's y I may sound a little paranoid initially and seems to be worrying for everything. :)
Don't worry! I was also very paranoid for my first baby and I keep going back to Dr Adrian for every cramp I have! Or when I can't feel baby's movement that regularly... =P I think he deal with me this kind of patient super not worth it cos the number of visits is way over the regular fixed appointments... LOL... =x

However, you may wish to note that he is currently out of town and will return on 27th June... Went to his clinic today as I almost slipped and fell yesterday and in the process I think I strained my muscles or something while trying to break my fall... It hurts since last night around my lower abdomen... And I really can't walk properly now... Somewhere is just not right... Like not co-ordinated... But now also cannot see Chinese physician... Sigh... Hope nothing is wrong with baby... =( So ya, his staff there told me he will only return then... But can always call and fix appointment first...

tcindy81

Don't worry! I was also very paranoid for my first baby and I keep going back to Dr Adrian for every cramp I have! Or when I can't feel baby's movement that regularly... =P I think he deal with me this kind of patient super not worth it cos the number of visits is way over the regular fixed appointments... LOL... =x

However, you may wish to note that he is currently out of town and will return on 27th June... Went to his clinic today as I almost slipped and fell yesterday and in the process I think I strained my muscles or something while trying to break my fall... It hurts since last night around my lower abdomen... And I really can't walk properly now... Somewhere is just not right... Like not co-ordinated... But now also cannot see Chinese physician... Sigh... Hope nothing is wrong with baby... =( So ya, his staff there told me he will only return then... But can always call and fix appointment first...
Thanks for informing. If that the case, that means my visit to him will be dealing with more crowd since everyone is waiting for his return. hmm...

I think to play safe, if you are feeling a little weird somewhere, its advisable to look for another gynae for the time being and see if everything is ok. Better be safe than sorry.

U take care and go visit a gynae soon.

AngieTan

Thanks for informing. If that the case, that means my visit to him will be dealing with more crowd since everyone is waiting for his return. hmm...

I think to play safe, if you are feeling a little weird somewhere, its advisable to look for another gynae for the time being and see if everything is ok. Better be safe than sorry.

U take care and go visit a gynae soon.
I don't think you have to "compete" with the other crowd as most of his cases are fixed appointments and he would have arranged for the appointments "swee swee" then in that case... Now I am thinking, maybe that's why this time round he is seeing me again at such a long interval...

Today is 3rd day already... Still feeling a bit of pain... Feel really stupid to have to pay another gynae whereas I have already paid for a package with my own gynae myself... But I know lah, if emergency also no choice... But right now, there is no spotting so I am thinking whether I am just overly paranoid... =/

tcindy81

I don't think you have to "compete" with the other crowd as most of his cases are fixed appointments and he would have arranged for the appointments "swee swee" then in that case... Now I am thinking, maybe that's why this time round he is seeing me again at such a long interval...

Today is 3rd day already... Still feeling a bit of pain... Feel really stupid to have to pay another gynae whereas I have already paid for a package with my own gynae myself... But I know lah, if emergency also no choice... But right now, there is no spotting so I am thinking whether I am just overly paranoid... =/
Yah, Its extra expenses but waiting till the end of the month is really too long.

Carisella

Went to his clinic today as I almost slipped and fell yesterday and in the process I think I strained my muscles or something while trying to break my fall... It hurts since last night around my lower abdomen... And I really can't walk properly now...
i had the same issue as u.. but mine worst.. My husband accidentally kneed me in the tummy when we were sleeping.. then the belly button area and the lower left tummy got this strain feeling.. went to see him and he said baby is fine and it's most probably muscle strain and that it's normal and common..

AngieTan

i had the same issue as u.. but mine worst.. My husband accidentally kneed me in the tummy when we were sleeping.. then the belly button area and the lower left tummy got this strain feeling.. went to see him and he said baby is fine and it's most probably muscle strain and that it's normal and common..
OMG! Kneed! =P Luckily you and baby alright... Hehe...

Do you think I should see the gynae then? It's been painful for 3 days but no spotting...

Carisella

OMG! Kneed! =P Luckily you and baby alright... Hehe...
Do you think I should see the gynae then? It's been painful for 3 days but no spotting...
i can't suggest to you to go or not to go, cause the decision is still up to you.. but my pain lasted very long, i remember going to work in pain for one whole week..