EDD April 2013..cont

bubba2

Hi autumnfall, you mentioned your gynae is Dr Kang Wee. I'm due in April too and I'm thinking of using her. Can you tell me more about her? Has she delivered for you before? How was it like? When you say she can be very traditional, what do you mean?

Many thanks!
bubba2

[QUOTE

My gynae is Dr Kang Wee from Mt Alvernia, she's very nice and experienced, you might want to try her out. But I think KK hosp is still the best when it comes to pregnancy complications, cheap and trustworthy. Two times I was hospitalised and I went straight to KK hosp and I must say they are very thorough about their checks, I still stick to Dr Kang though cuz I'm more comfortable with her. She is very understanding but is also a very traditional woman... Maybe she can advise u on what to do... Another doctor which I have heard praises about is Dr Tan WK, Dr Jocelyn Koh and Dr Caroline Khi from TMC... There are actually many decent gynaes available for booking, choose wisely, maybe can read up the forum before u make ur decision.

Hello bubba2!

No she has never delivered for me before. Originally, it was because I insisted giving birth at Mt Alvernia and I wanted a female doctor so I did a google search and saw positive reviews about her. There was another female doc whom I forgot her name and I read about negative comments about her so decided on Kang wee instead. I read about her information and was quite impressed with her accolations. It was purely based on personal observation via Internet cuz the other gynaes I called were either all full or have very rude receptionists lol...

I only have 3 visits with her so far as I also changed gynae when I was at week 9. Minus points: very long waiting hours on 2 occasions that I was there. She doesn't allow us to drink those tin milk outside as it causes massive weight gain and I think she's not very approving. She's very traditional, doesn't let me eat watermelons, cooling food, coke...etc (but I still eat lol). Her consultation timings vary, maybe becuz I don't have much questions. Once, I only went in for 5mins. The scanning was only a 30s flash of my baby, abit disappointed on that day but I believe if u talk to her, she will prolong the consultation time to answer all your queries.

I find her v nice, because I actually did my Oscar scan and detailed scan outside to save money and she was ok with it. Not sure if she's pro natural as she never expressed her views on it with me yet. Her first consultation is 98, subsequent is 68. Ultrasound is 40 and urine dip is 10, quite standard la... Her package only starts from week 20, $698. Depends on whether u need medication, per consultation is around 150 to 200...

Oh ya last time I went Mt A the carpark was very messy due to upgrading works, not sure if its completed now. Abit Sian cuz very hard to find parking and very messy around.

I will be having my 4mth consultation tmrw, maybe I can update here for ur reference. Haha maybe can even see u there, I wait there very Sian lol

bubba2

Hello bubba2!

No she has never delivered for me before. Originally, it was because I insisted giving birth at Mt Alvernia and I wanted a female doctor so I did a google search and saw positive reviews about her. There was another female doc whom I forgot her name and I read about negative comments about her so decided on Kang wee instead. I read about her information and was quite impressed with her accolations. It was purely based on personal observation via Internet cuz the other gynaes I called were either all full or have very rude receptionists lol...

I only have 3 visits with her so far as I also changed gynae when I was at week 9. Minus points: very long waiting hours on 2 occasions that I was there. She doesn't allow us to drink those tin milk outside as it causes massive weight gain and I think she's not very approving. She's very traditional, doesn't let me eat watermelons, cooling food, coke...etc (but I still eat lol). Her consultation timings vary, maybe becuz I dont't have much questions. Once, I only went in for 5mins. The scanning was only a 30s flash of my baby, abit disappointed on that day but I believe if you talk to her, she will prolong the consultation time to answer all your queries.

I find her very nice, because I actually did my Oscar scan and detailed scan outside to save money and she was ok with it. Not sure if she's pro natural as she never expressed her views on it with me yet. Her first consultation is 98, subsequent is 68. Ultrasound is 40 and urine dip is 10, quite standard ... Her package only starts from week 20, $698. Depends on whether you need medication, per consultation is around 150 to 200...

Oh ya last time I went Mt A the carpark was very messy due to upgrading works, not sure if its completed now. Abit Sian cuz very hard to find parking and very messy around.

I will be having my 4mth consultation tmrw, maybe I can update here for your reference. Haha maybe can even see you there, I wait there very Sian lol
Hi autumnfall, thanks for the message. My first gynae is actually dr adelina wong at TMC. She's good but she stopped delivering at MAH which is a real pity. We much prefer the ambience and service at MAH rather than the manic chaos at TMC. Like you I did my research online and thought dr kang wee sounded experienced and friendly. I made an appointment to see her next week (so I wont be seeing you today :)) It will be my first visit and a test to see if she's right for me. Long waiting times don't sound good cos I hate waiting for over 30 minutes.

Question: Is dr kang open to listening and receptive to your ideas on how you want the birth to go? Is she empathetic/ reassuring? Does she rush you during consultations?

Let me know how your 4mth consultation go!

bubba2

Hi babyisaac, are your items still available? I'm interested in the moses basket and maybe maternity work wear if you have them. Pls let me know. Cheers!

Hi. I have new Moses basket, My Brestfriend nursing pillow, Avent single electric breast pump and various maternity wear to let go. Pls MSG me if interested.

bubba2

Hi all:

I'm new to this forum and my EDD is 21 April. Been suffering from bad "morning" sickness since week 6. I throw up 1-2 times a day, even till today. I feel sick constantly, especially when I'm hungry. So I'm not enjoying this pregnancy very much. I was fine with my first one - as they say, every pregnancy is different! For some reason, I'm craving beef noodles lol The one with the thick gravy sauce and white noodles. Prawn noodles are yum too!~ Not sure if I'm supposed to eat them though.

For those who've never tried post-natal massage, they really do wonders to shrink the belly after delivery. At least mine halved in terms of size after 3 sessions. Plus its such a treat for that one hour when you just relax and let someone else take care of you. So do book them early ladies!

Hello bubba, welcome!!!

Just went to dr Kang today. My appt was 9am and I didn't have to wait at all, happy!!! Think it depends on what timings u go and the crowd on that day...

Hmm I have never discussed bout how I want the delivery to go so I am not sure how receptive she is. I was tested for thalayssimia, some low blood count condition and had to go thru a second blood test. Not sure if she sounded empathetic or reassuring but she was very experienced. The docs in KK merely told me it was common and didn't advise me for a second blood test but dr Kang can tell me straight that my blood count is too low and I have to proceed to a second test and she even prescribed iron tablets for me to assess my condition more accurately. I have bad cramps and she knows it's gastric flu when i
told her bout my symptoms. Other docs jus gave me antibiotics and didn't tell me what was wrong with me...

I was always sick too and I have very poor appetite and I told her and she was kind enough to check out for my baby much more thoroughly and assure me baby is growing fine... Cuz I don't usually have many questions for her so I don't know if she rushes through her consultation. My consultation took slightly more than 10mins today and I think it's fine. All my queries were answered.

I think she's very patient and thorough, and she is the only doc who's able to tell me what's wrong with me when I'm sick. Personally, I think I feel comfortable with her. She's always big smiles and she remembers me even though the last time I saw her was 7 weeks ago. I find that she doesn't overcharge u and plan her appointments strategically like some of the gynaes. I ffeel very secure under her care lol, and finds her very trustworthy also...

belz

mummies..juz want to share my joy with you.. i did my scan today.. n my bb is a BOY!!:Dancing_tongue:me n my hubby tot that the little one would be a gal.. coz our friends n relatives calculated for us... and i also got a feeling that the little fellow is a gal too.. so we all expect to be a gal! until my doc show us the " extra lump" hehehe.. shocking news for us.. as the scan show i m only 15w+5.. usually the gender will only be known at 20 weeks right?

Wow belz! Congratsssss hehe... so exciting to b able to know bb's sex...easier to shop for stuff now! Btw, u got to know during ur routine scan at ur gynae's clinic? I have another 2 weeks before seeing my gynae...hope can know by then!!:)

belz

hey littlebluecinders.. my gynae will ask if i wan to know the gender before she disclose to me... mine is gleneagle..hope to hear news from you too.. be it a gal or boy! as long bb is healthy

pigletbao

Belz - So happy for you that your baby's gender is revealed! I went for my scan on Thur. Was 16w5d but gender was concealed by legs so will prob only find out in one month during the 20w scanning.

Anyone knows if we will definitely be able to know the gender at the 20w scanning? Or it still depends on baby's position?

belz

usually by 20w.. gender will be revealed.. my gyane scan my bb legs 1st.. fr there..can see if theres any "additional " sticking out... after that then she scan the rest.. maybe u can ask ur gyane to do so:p

Aprilaries

Congrats belz! Usually week 20 can see gender. But boys easier to spot can know early at week 16. Mine is a boy too! Same as my no 1. Got to know early at week 16 as baby open legs big big!

belz

happy for u too aprilaries... hehehe...but i think i would want to wait for my next scan to double chop again.. scare doc see wrongly :)

mummies..just want to share my joy with you.. i did my scan today.. n my baby is a BOY!!:Dancing_tongue:me n my hubby thought that the little one would be a gal.. coz our friends n relatives calculated for us... and i also got a feeling that the little fellow is a gal too.. so we all expect to be a gal! until my doc show us the " extra lump" hehehe.. shocking news for us.. as the scan show i m only 15w+5.. usually the gender will only be known at 20 weeks right?
Wow congrats to u. I'm hoping for a boy too...

belz

haa.. thankss alaq!.. i will start shoppin next mth..when its confirmed a boy! i borrow the bb clothes from my cousins.. so that i wun need to buy too many bb clothes.. feel tat its abit waste $ leh... i even want to borrow maternity clothes from my cousins too :p.. can save hw much.. then save hw much lor...