EDD April Mummies

Dilys

hi everyone,

im new here, edd also april 2012.

currently is 8 weeks. feel nausea and giddy sometimes, mouth taste bland .
i can't over stuffed myself with food or else will hv digestive difficulty.

my gynae oni prescribed multivit ( ganilia), folic acid and im also on utrogestan hormone pill.

any advice from other mommies?
Hi Janette,

Welcome ! Don't overstuff yourself with food ... you don't have to keep eating. Just eat when you feel like it. Have some milo .. biscuits. So what do you crave for now ? Don't worry .. it's normal to feel giddy .. mouth taste bland.. take some fruits ... maybe you will feel better. Have lots of rest now.

:)As for me .. During my 8 wks i m eating Bee Hoon for all my meals. Now in my 9 wk .. I am attempting to try out a few new food..(haha those food that I used liked). Oh I am only taking folic acid and Dupheston.

Jiayou!!!

Anxious31

Hey Anxious31,

It's good to hear that you rest well ! Opps... forgotten which terimester r you at? Sorry .. pardon me being pregg make me so forgetful.. haha.. get your lilypie ) If you r in 1st terimester .. better dont't do any exercise.. you should be resting well.. not stretching around running around... it's not adviseable to walk to much also. Got the privellge ... rest more .

dont't be unhappy ...heartburn can be cause by stress... Be Happy ... baby will be happy also . Hey .. I just bought "Banana Nut Crunch" whole grain cereal the brand is "POST" . You can get it from "NTUC" or "Sheng Shiong" ... it's quite tasty mixed it with some fresh milk. Try it !

Hi Dilys, I'm 9 weeks so still in first trimester. I've got e lilypie ticker but dunno how to paste on the thread... Yah, I'm not doing any exercise except some walking. Feels the body achy and soft soft no energy like that. Cried in the afternoon while talking to a friend coz I'm feeling so sick... But after crying felt so much better. I like the plain cornflakes cereal. Only managed to stomach half glass of milk, a few mouthfuls of duck rice and 3 Oreo cookies today... Skipping Duphaston n multivit today leh.... They r making me more sick ley.....

Hope u r having a good dinner right now!

Anxious31

hi everyone,

im new here, edd also april 2012.

currently is 8 weeks. feel nausea and giddy sometimes, mouth taste bland .
i can't over stuffed myself with food or else will have digestive difficulty.

my gynae oni prescribed multivit ( ganilia), folic acid and im also on utrogestan hormone pill.

any advice from other mommies?
Hi Janette, r u a first time mummy also? I'm also having digestion difficulties and it's very bad for me.

Dilys

Hey Anxious31,

It's good to hear that you rest well ! Opps... forgotten which terimester r you at? Sorry .. pardon me being pregg make me so forgetful.. haha.. get your lilypie ) If you r in 1st terimester .. better dont't do any exercise.. you should be resting well.. not stretching around running around... it's not adviseable to walk to much also. Got the privellge ... rest more .

dont't be unhappy ...heartburn can be cause by stress... Be Happy ... baby will be happy also . Hey .. I just bought "Banana Nut Crunch" whole grain cereal the brand is "POST" . You can get it from "NTUC" or "Sheng Shiong" ... it's quite tasty mixed it with some fresh milk. Try it !

Hi Dilys, I'm 9 weeks so still in first trimester. I've got e lilypie ticker but dunno how to paste on the thread... Yah, I'm not doing any exercise except some walking. Feels the body achy and soft soft no energy like that. Cried in the afternoon while talking to a friend coz I'm feeling so sick... But after crying felt so much better. I like the plain cornflakes cereal. Only managed to stomach half glass of milk, a few mouthfuls of duck rice and 3 Oreo cookies today... Skipping Duphaston n multivit today leh.... They r making me more sick ley.....

Hi Anxious31,

Oh we are in the same ..9 wk. Oh my god ... don't cry. It's not good to cry too much when you are pregnant. I've got a friend, when she is preggie she was so sick, she cried everyday then she lost her baby in the end. Little one .. they are very sensitive.. crying too much makes them feel that you don't love bb. Being preggie is like that ... Endure it ...this is just the beginning of the challenge... more to come.. Be Positive.. Yes I feel very very terrible in my 5 wk... you must have a strong determination.. Remember don't cry .. it will make you feel worst.

Good that u like plain cereal .. at least something you can turn to when hungry. Don't ever skip what your gynae give you ... Dupheston & multvit very important for little one. For the sake of bb, you should eat.

Are you working ?? If you are very free like me... read some pregnancy books, watch some funny shows or look at some cute baby photos .. that will motiviate you. haha.. I am too full now for dinner.. also didn't eat really aot today .. but keep munching little bits.. Still no good feast for me yet! Very limited type of food intake. Ever since I started to try Roasted Duck Meat (Without the rice) .. this morning I went to buy Roasted Duck Meat again.. Imagine..

4am: I am already eating my 1st meal .. Bee Hoon Soup.
10am +: Had my Roasted Ducked wrap with 2 slices of White Bread. 1 barley drink.
1pm+: small amt of Stired Fried Mixed Mushroom
: small amt of grapes.
4pm+: 1 small bowl of grapes.

Now I am still so full.. I am getting my hubby to get me some "Yee Mee" from the Zhi Char Store. My 1st attempt in trying that also... See how it goes later !

For Lilypie:
  1. Click on the image URL link under the Preview image when you have created a ticker.
  2. Right click on the ticker image URL in the code snippet box to select it, and choose Copy to add it to Forum Signature (under General Setting)
Jiayou !!! Please don't cry anymore

hi dilys ,

thanks for d advice. ya i will follow. wishing u d same too! jia you. just trying to be as calm, less worry n stay happy as possible. previously, had a bad encounter. this time round, my gynae said, wait till 3 mths and do NT scan again.

Dilys

hi dilys ,

thanks for d advice. ya i will follow. wishing u d same too! jia you. just trying to be as calm, less worry n stay happy as possible. previously, had a bad encounter. this time round, my gynae said, wait till 3 mths and do NT scan again.
Hey janette,

u haven't did any ultrasound yet?? Don't worry .. everything will be fine .. Jia you ! Don't drink too much ginger tea.. drink moderately. Consume too much ginger for preggie may stimulate uterine contractions. Jia you !!!

Anxious31

hi anxious mom,

dont be anxious ya. yes, 1st time experience such discomfort. heard drink ginger tea may help. i did tried, but d tea too sweet for me.
Hi, thanks for ur encouragement. I haven't tried ginger tea yet. Maybe will try a little. Scared too heaty. Feeling better today... Not as sick as yesterday... Why e dr ask u not to scan until after 3 mths? Thought scanning gives assurance that baby is growing healthily?

Hi, thanks for ur encouragement. I haven't tried ginger tea yet. Maybe will try a little. Scared too heaty. Feeling better today... Not as sick as yesterday... Why e dr ask u not to scan until after 3 mths? Thought scanning gives assurance that baby is growing healthily?
im sorry pardon my typo error. i meant, i had did scanning from vaginal as it was still early back then. my next check up will be on 29sep. coz 1 year ago, i was also preggie, but aft the NT test and CVS, confirm its down, so i had to terminate it.

tis time round, my gynae was just saying wait til 11weeks plus, thn run the NT scan again. hope and pray all ok!! cross my fingers..
oh ya btw, i also found a cyst in right ovary which my gynae claimed could be due to hormone production. but it grows quite fast. hv u all hear anything bout cyst+pregnancy? is it harmful??

Anxious31

Hi Anxious31,

Oh we are in the same ..9 wk. Oh my god ... dont't cry. It's not good to cry too much when you are pregnant. I've got a friend, when she is preggie she was so sick, she cried everyday then she lost her baby in the end. Little one .. they are very sensitive.. crying too much makes them feel that you dont't love baby. Being preggie is like that ... Endure it ...this is just the beginning of the challenge... more to come.. Be Positive.. Yes I feel very very terrible in my 5 wk... you must have a strong determination.. Remember dont't cry .. it will make you feel worst.

Good that you like plain cereal .. at least something you can turn to when hungry. dont't ever
skip what your gynae give you ... Dupheston & multvit very important for little one. For the sake of baby, you should eat.

Are you working ?? If you are very free like me... read some pregnancy books, watch some funny shows or look at some cute baby photos .. that will motiviate you. haha.. I am too full now for dinner.. also didn't eat really aot today .. but keep munching little bits.. Still no good feast for me yet! Very limited type of food intake. Ever since I started to try Roasted Duck Meat (Without the rice) .. this morning I went to buy Roasted Duck Meat again.. Imagine..

4am: I am already eating my 1st meal .. Bee Hoon Soup.
10am +: Had my Roasted Ducked wrap with 2 slices of White Bread. 1 barley drink.
1pm+: small amt of Stired Fried Mixed Mushroom
: small amt of grapes.
4pm+: 1 small bowl of grapes.

Now I am still so full.. I am getting my hubby to get me some "Yee Mee" from the Zhi Char Store. My 1st attempt in trying that also... See how it goes later !

For Lilypie:
  1. Click on the image URL link under the Preview image when you have created a ticker.
  2. Right click on the ticker image URL in the code snippet box to select it, and choose Copy to add it to Forum Signature (under General Setting)
Jiayou !!! Please dont't cry anymore
Hi Dilys, great to know that you r eating healthily and well. Who cook Bee Hoon soup for you at 4 am? you r so fortunate! I'm currently not working so can also rest as much as I want. Just had some fried bee Hoon w hot barley drink. Thanks for your encouragement. I will try to control my emotions... Feeling better today and am going to find something funny to watch, as suggested by you. :)

Dilys

Hi Dilys, great to know that you r eating healthily and well. Who cook Bee Hoon soup for you at 4 am? you r so fortunate! I'm currently not working so can also rest as much as I want. Just had some fried bee Hoon w hot barley drink. Thanks for your encouragement. I will try to control my emotions... Feeling better today and am going to find something funny to watch, as suggested by you. :)
Hi Anxious31,

haha I am eating healthily ?? Nah so boring .. my bb likes all the boring food.. everyday .. Fried Bee Hoon. haha .. my hubby cooked for me at 4am. Hehe.. Yeah I am quite lucky. I also very bad .. cos' I am training my hubby to be a daddy. I want him to suffer together with me. So he know that it's not funny to wake up in wee hours just to eat. haha.. sleeping half way in wee hours I will call out... Daddy ... bb is hungry haha .. my hubby will auto go and make milk. hehe .. Train your hubby to do that la ! It's easier for you after u delivered also.. at least ur hubby will help u along...automatically.

Good to hear that you are feeling better today . Be good .. don't cry . Think positive... u r lucky to get preg so treasure be happy ! Hey go and download Fushshion Movie ??? - ?????????? watch the show 宝贝和我 (Baby & me) its a korean short movie. You can watch it from youtube : click on this link Baby and I 1 0f 10 (EngSubs) - YouTube the baby in the show is the cutest baby in the world. Mason Moon. Watch it ... it will really spice up your day !

Dilys

im sorry pardon my typo error. i meant, i had did scanning from vaginal as it was still early back then. my next check up will be on 29sep. coz 1 year ago, i was also preggie, but aft the NT test and CVS, confirm its down, so i had to terminate it.

tis time round, my gynae was just saying wait til 11weeks plus, thn run the NT scan again. hope and pray all ok!! cross my fingers..
oh ya btw, i also found a cyst in right ovary which my gynae claimed could be due to hormone production. but it grows quite fast. hv u all hear anything bout cyst+pregnancy? is it harmful??
Hey janette,

Don't worry! Ovarian cysts are "corpus luteum" cysts, which is the spot from where you ovulated, It's completely normal and harmless. As long as bb is fine then shouldn't be any prob. Don't worry .. be positive ... some people will go for a surgery @ their 2nd terimester to remove it. But there's no pain & bb is fine, you can just leave it. Some will go off their own. Relax !!

Jiayou!

Hi Mommies

I have a brand new tube of Elancyl Stretchmark Prevention Cream (150ml, expiry dated Jan2015), letting go at S$30. Retail price is S$45. Collection in the West. If keen, pls PM me. Thanks much!

Regards.

Cristae

Hey Anxious31,

Hi Anxious31,

I know our body changes are really no joke.. But be strong k.. I cried coz I had mood swing too.. Suddenly felt very depressed in one of the afternoon.. Hubby just comforted me and cheer me up with some funny movies..
I had very bad heartburn at week 6 too.. I regret eating and I felt so bad that I'd rather not eat anything at all.. But slowly I found a eating pattern that tame my stomach acid... I eat very small and frequent meal.. I eat what I feel like eating, munch very very slowly and stop once I feel full... Sit up straight after meal and drink fluid after 1 hour...

My diet becomes:
7:30am 3-4 mouthful of bread
8:30am A cup of Hot milo
9:30am Few more bites of Bread
10:30am Fruits
11:30am Biscuits
12:30pm Half a bowl of noodle soup
2:30pm Fruit Juice / Milo
4:30pm Nuts or Fruits
6:30pm Dinner (Few mouthful of rice, veg, meat, etc)
8:00pm Fruit

hahah I basically ate the whole day but my stomach acid got better after 1 week... Now I can slowly eat more every meal and less frequent... So Take some time to find your best diet... Don't be upset ya... Oh I also got a medicine from my Gynae for back up.. In case my heartburn become unbearable, I will take that.. So far, I have yet to opened the bottle... :)

Now my diet:
7:30am Half a bun
9:00am A pack of low fat milk & Half a Bun
11:00am one Bun
12:30pm Lunch (noodles / fast food / anything i feel like eating)
4:00pm Fruit / yoghurt / any snacks
6:30pm Dinner
8:30pm Fruit

Dilys

Hi Anxious31,

I know our body changes are really no joke.. But be strong k.. I cried coz I had mood swing too.. Suddenly felt very depressed in one of the afternoon.. Hubby just comforted me and cheer me up with some funny movies..
I had very bad heartburn at week 6 too.. I regret eating and I felt so bad that I'd rather not eat anything at all.. But slowly I found a eating pattern that tame my stomach acid... I eat very small and frequent meal.. I eat what I feel like eating, munch very very slowly and stop once I feel full... Sit up straight after meal and drink fluid after 1 hour...

My diet becomes:
7:30am 3-4 mouthful of bread
8:30am A cup of Hot milo
9:30am Few more bites of Bread
10:30am Fruits
11:30am Biscuits
12:30pm Half a bowl of noodle soup
2:30pm Fruit Juice / Milo
4:30pm Nuts or Fruits
6:30pm Dinner (Few mouthful of rice, veg, meat, etc)
8:00pm Fruit

hahah I basically ate the whole day but my stomach acid got better after 1 week... Now I can slowly eat more every meal and less frequent... So Take some time to find your best diet... Don't be upset ya... Oh I also got a medicine from my Gynae for back up.. In case my heartburn become unbearable, I will take that.. So far, I have yet to opened the bottle... :)

Now my diet:
7:30am Half a bun
9:00am A pack of low fat milk & Half a Bun
11:00am one Bun
12:30pm Lunch (noodles / fast food / anything i feel like eating)
4:00pm Fruit / yoghurt / any snacks
6:30pm Dinner
8:30pm Fruit
Hey Cristae,

Great to hear that you are doing fine !! Yeah !!! Jia you together ! Wah... Our eating timing almost slimiar . hehe did you keep a record of what you eat daily? haha I am a silly mum.. I recorded my daily meals.. every hour.. very day what I eat ... :) I want to keep it as a memories ... haha ...

Cristae

Hey Cristae,

Great to hear that you are doing fine !! Yeah !!! Jia you together ! Wah... Our eating timing almost slimiar . hehe did you keep a record of what you eat daily? haha I am a silly mum.. I recorded my daily meals.. every hour.. very day what I eat ... :) I want to keep it as a memories ... haha ...
Hi Dilys,

Haha I know I won't be able to follow thr.. But I will do up a diary based on wat I experience, bb growth and some pics of my tummy size.. ;)

My hubby will kill me if I wake him at 4am to cook for me haha.. Oh ya.. Do u hav cravings? I have lots of specific unusual cravings and I try to fulfill every single one of them.. Like ketchup pork chop, chicken chop, bubble tea, steamboat, fruit cake.. ;) today I crave for jack's place baked potato with sour cream and dried bacon.. Yet to tick this one.. ;)

Dilys

Hi Dilys,

Haha I know I won't be able to follow thr.. But I will do up a diary based on wat I experience, bb growth and some pics of my tummy size.. ;)

My hubby will kill me if I wake him at 4am to cook for me haha.. Oh ya.. Do u hav cravings? I have lots of specific unusual cravings and I try to fulfill every single one of them.. Like ketchup pork chop, chicken chop, bubble tea, steamboat, fruit cake.. ;) today I crave for jack's place baked potato with sour cream and dried bacon.. Yet to tick this one.. ;)
haha ai yo .. don't laugh @ my 4 am already ! haha .. Wa... Pic of your tummy size?? Showing already? hehe .. mine abit only looks like one little lump of fats. haha
haha My craving ... hmm.. coke .. bee hoon.. rock melon... mango... bubble tea also (but not that much, cos bubble tea around my place sucks) nothing special .. so boring .. wow .. looks like ur appeittee very good. Wow can eat steamboat somemore.... Envy leh ...

I still cannot take chicken,pork,vegetables... look i them I hated it so much ! Jiayou !!!

Hey janette,

Don't worry! Ovarian cysts are "corpus luteum" cysts, which is the spot from where you ovulated, It's completely normal and harmless. As long as bb is fine then shouldn't be any prob. Don't worry .. be positive ... some people will go for a surgery @ their 2nd terimester to remove it. But there's no pain & bb is fine, you can just leave it. Some will go off their own. Relax !!

Jiayou!
thanks gain dilys for sharing the info with me. I really hope all goes smooth and well.