EDD Jan 2014

Fay85

Thanks fay85 how far are u along?
Today I am exactly 9 weeks! hehe.. should be 9+5 according to LMP but the doc said the size of my baby is smaller than that. I think I should have ovulate later than normal.

3 more weeks to my OSCAR test! cant wait :D

Fay85

Hey just curious. Any mummy here hiring confinement lady? Or ur parents will be helping?
Gnissim, my mum will be helping me with my confinement. Most likely to get a maid as well end of this year so that she can help out at times. Anyone's mil helping them with the confinement? Mine just 'push' me to my mum. haha.. but I am more than happy to go back to my own place.

Plus, I think the confinement ladies will be charging quite a higher rate than normal since our EDD are near CNY. everything will be ex then..

What's ur plan?

Hello mummies, can I check whether u are taking calcium supplements, and if so what brand are u taking?
Rzena, my doctor said no need yet and ask me to stop and just drink the folic acid. So now i drink milk/milk choco supplement everyday for calcium

Gnissim, my mum will be helping me with my confinement. Most likely to get a maid as well end of this year so that she can help out at times. Anyone's mil helping them with the confinement? Mine just 'push' me to my mum. haha.. but I am more than happy to go back to my own place.

Plus, I think the confinement ladies will be charging quite a higher rate than normal since our EDD are near CNY. everything will be ex then..

What's ur plan?
I think my soon to be MIL will hire one for me. They are insisting on it aside from she's going to help out. It's not in our culture so i'll see on how it's going to be. She's worried about me not doing confinement. But my brother's wife didnt go thru it and they are fine

gnissim23

Fay85: so good of ur mum.. for me, only me n hubby staying tgt. My mum already raise flag n say she will nt take care. Not surprising cox she never take caredof me as well. Lol. MIL is more impossible as she not stay in sg.. so I am thinking to get a confinement lady. Ya lor its expensive during cny.. n i think I am one tt confinement hit cny period.:/ unless I hire 2 weeks only. Lol. Which I dun think pple hire 2 weeks? :/

Chicheng: actually I also tot of not hiring. But I think is mostly to take care of the baby. As we may be too tired to do so after birth. But of cox one alternative im thinking is if got pple help me take care of baby I will just order confinement food frm catering. Hee.

illuz

Not many confinement ladies wana do CNY. I called up a few whom are highly recommended by friends but only one can help me But till 25 Jan only. My edd is 9 Jan which means only 2 weeks confinement for me. The other 2 weeks I just intend to cater confinement food.

gnissim23

Rzena: im taking folic acid n dha only. My gynae quite disapprove of milk etc. I still do drink at times.. but I nvr take extra calcium. Cox my gynae not quite suggest more calcium leh.

gnissim23

Illuz: so for 2 weeks confinement hw they charge u? Ya im also quite worried tt no confonement lady wan do during cny. If really cant hire no choice my hubby needs to be more xin ku. Ha. Maybe will find relatives for help than. Lol

illuz

Illuz: so for 2 weeks confinement hw they charge u? Ya im also quite worried tt no confonement lady wan do during cny. If really cant hire no choice my hubby needs to be more xin ku. Ha. Maybe will find relatives for help than. Lol
She say pro-rated, or after cny she can come back continue also can. Up to me.

Peenut

My gynae gave me everything from multi vitamins, DHA, calcium pills and folic acid ( I took this prior pregnancy so I just continue. Think can stop in 2nd trimester). however becos of my bad MS n heartburn, most of these supplements do not stay in so I prescribed my own supplements. I take whenever I like or rather, whenever I think my body can swallow it. Haha!

jellybean1114

I'm taking muti fit, FHA and calcium pill. My gynae did not ask me to take any supplement milk... I just drink the normal milk for breakfast

My HTB tried to reseach on this. He's quite kiasu with regards to the milk/food I'm taking. He doesn't want me to take too much of the milk supplement because he said it contains too much sugar. So one one the things he found is that it's best to take the high calcium fresh milk as long as it's pasteurized, then followed by healthy supply of fruits and veggies. So what I do, I drink alternately. Morning freshmilk, night time the mommy milk choco supplement. Then i have fruits during meal times except bfast.

Ohh...that's how expensive confinement nannies are? Is this a regular rate or it's because within the CNY period? Sorry for my ignorance but i really have no idea about confinement nannies.

illuz

Ohh...that's how expensive confinement nannies are? Is this a regular rate or it's because within the CNY period? Sorry for my ignorance but i really have no idea about confinement nannies.
Ya this is about standard rate.. Maybe abit more cos cny. I heard its usually about 1.8k for non peak period and up to 3k for cny

Even catering confinement food is expensive. I checked that a 14 days lunch+dinner is $818. That's $30 a meal!!

Last edited:

gnissim23

Illuz: yes is 30 $ a meal. I ordered natal essential before. Its v big portion. I could not finish. So I keep n heat at night plus the night deliver one tgt eat with hubby. Lol. The food they do is really better ingredients.

Waah...it's that expensive?!? Hmm...now I'm thinking twice of doing confinement I didn't know it's so expensive. We can use the money to buy other baby stuff...