EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Gracecwz

Hi,

Any mums-to-be experience itchy and rashes at the breast especially around the areola area? Mine is very itchy especially at night, had applied many moisturizer and also baby oil, it just can sooth it temporary ...

Anyone experience the similar?
Yes, me too... But usually better after a hot bath. I think it's the skin stretching and dry, that's why itchy. Better rub on more stretch mark cream.

OMG, u gals have such cute n obedient babies...

Oh... apply stretch mark cream on breast area? I didnt tried that i just put baby oil every few other hours...but once it is mid night it would get worse and very itchy...
I also can see some skin are peeling and guess it is too dry..... rally not easy to become a mum... :)

Yes, me too... But usually better after a hot bath. I think it's the skin stretching and dry, that's why itchy. Better rub on more stretch mark cream.

OMG, u gals have such cute n obedient babies...

I think for kicking you can feel the single movement at a time and sometime can feel a bit pain if you baby kicks very hard .When baby is moving you will feel like something is moving inside your tummy like having gas it is very gentle movement.....

hi all, how do u differentiate if the baby is kicking or just moving? I have a fren who told me her fren can feel the baby's limbs.. isn't it weird when we can't see the inside of our tummy? so far I mus say my boy is quite obedient.. haha.. when I told my hubby I felt the movement, he quickly placed his hand on my tummy and he can felt it too.. and when he move when I'm in bed at night, I'll tell him to go to sleep too cos mummy is very tired and he'll stop.. :) I'm in my 26 (or 27 weeks now)..

Tannie

Dear Climsp,

I also feel that bigger nipples not very nice leh. I read that no matter how many sizes you increase, between 8 months and birth, will gain another size leh! So i very careful now, not buying any nursing bras until very much later. Now even with bra extender, some of my bras also very tight...feel so sad, all my pretty bras cannot wear liao.

anyone knows if i can even wear them again? will breast stay so big?
Yes, I think bigger nipple is not nice too...

Ya I oso wanna know if our breast with shrink after birth... I cannot fit in my current bra... My cup size increased... Oso wana knw when shld we buy nursing bra....

icysheens

hi everyone im new here....
just learnt from my gp yest im 5 weeks pregnant...i dont feel pregnant except just sleepy + feverish + bad cramps (normal to me coz i haf history of bad menses cramps).i read somewhere its not cfmed pregnant till gynae confirms it?is it true?coz now i worry if im not pregnant i will disappoint my hubby who is super super excited over this news since yest:s
(1)if im pregnant im considering dr lisa chin from gleneagles anyone has experience wif her b4?how is she like?
(2) anyone can share total breakdown costs (from consultation right up to delivery at gleneagles? (including anaesthesiatric costs etc etc) so we will be prepared at the total costs we r in for should we proceed with dr chin?
(3) anything else i shld be aware of coz this is my 1st pregnancy n im really both happy n nervous + scared mixed of emotions n im clueless whats next n all i want do is sleep!
look fwd to hearing from you!!cheers!!!!!!

climsp

Went for check check up yday, the nurse there is so help to guide me on my diet control. Actually I just need to cut down on my sweet drink like 3 in 1 milo, rice n fried meehoon, from the food list she give me. I nvr gain any weight, but baby is 740gram. Gynea say it ok, since I am not slim when started preg.

When to Kaki bukit to see baby stuffs. I dun find it cheaper then kiddy palace. Nvr get anything there. Will buy from kiddy p. since got delivery service, plus they got better mattress which is anti dust mite, thicker n harder.

Gracecwz

Went for check check up yday, the nurse there is so help to guide me on my diet control. Actually I just need to cut down on my sweet drink like 3 in 1 milo, rice n fried meehoon, from the food list she give me. I nvr gain any weight, but baby is 740gram. Gynea say it ok, since I am not slim when started preg.

When to Kaki bukit to see baby stuffs. I dun find it cheaper then kiddy palace. Nvr get anything there. Will buy from kiddy p. since got delivery service, plus they got better mattress which is anti dust mite, thicker n harder.
Thanks Climsp, u saved us a trip to Kaki bukit.

Smurfete

2 baby fairs are coming. Both at Expo, one is Baby Expo from 17th Feb to 19th Feb, the other one is Baby Care from 24th Feb to 26th Feb.

I wonder if I should get a breast pump. Even so, whether to get electric or manual one. I dunno how to use. Also if no milk, then its a waste of money. Another thing that I am not sure if I should buy is the milk warmer. Useful to heat up breast milk when I return to work. There again, if no milk, it is wasting money.

Meilynn

2 baby fairs are coming. Both at Expo, one is Baby Expo from 17th Feb to 19th Feb, the other one is Baby Care from 24th Feb to 26th Feb.

I wonder if I should get a breast pump. Even so, whether to get electric or manual one. I dunno how to use. Also if no milk, then its a waste of money. Another thing that I am not sure if I should buy is the milk warmer. Useful to heat up breast milk when I return to work. There again, if no milk, it is wasting money.
My Gfs advised me not to buy the breast pump until we deliver n know for sure we hv the milk supply. U can go see see look look n Identify the pumps if u buying but wait until delivery. Get ur hubby to buy then.

Smurfete

My Gfs advised me not to buy the breast pump until we deliver n know for sure we have the milk supply. you can go see see look look n Identify the pumps if you buying but wait until delivery. Get your hubby to buy then.
I agree with you too ... But buying them at the expo may be cheaper. haha

climsp

milk warmer can heat up food for baby. so i think is it ok to get it if is inside the package

Sweetoothz

my fren was mentioning there's 2 stores there at kaki bukit right? one is the high end one and 1 is the slightly cheaper one. i have yet to go and check them out bt according to him the stores are nearby. same row only a few shops apart.

climsp

my fren was mentioning there's 2 stores there at kaki bukit right? one is the high end one and 1 is the slightly cheaper one. i have yet to go and check them out bt according to him the stores are nearby. same row only a few shops apart.
ya got 2 stores there! i dun find the stuff there cheaper then outside. the so-call cheaper one, almost trick me into buy the playpen(same price as kiddy p.) n mattress there. they only sell 1 type of mattress there which is soft and not anti dustmites . she say got holes which is more cooling for baby, but playpen is cover up at the mattress area no pt waste the $$ on mattress w/ holes, unless u getting cot. the cotton wool n baby wipe is same price as kiddy p. also. baby clothes there also more ex.

high one one is more on strollers.

to me is a waste trip to go.

Smurfete

milk warmer can heat up food for baby. so i think is it ok to get it if is inside the package
I think its separately purchased. My only intended use for the milk warmer is for breast milk cos working mum (bopian). I heard its not good to re-heat food for baby. It causes wind and may cause him/her to vomit, so better to discard. I also dun trust those instant baby food in the glass bottle