EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Gracecwz

I am 29 weeks and baby weighs 1.3kg, but my gynae did not mention about my baby being heavy. I gained about 10kg so far. Anyone has any clue?
Ladies

From wat I learnt during the antenatal class, weight gain during pregnancy depends on the mummy's pre-pregnancy weight status ie BMI. Will sum up BMI vs Ideal Weight Gain (IWG) & Avg Total Weight Gain (ATWG) as follow

- Underweight (BMI < 18) = IWG 15.1kg / ATWG 12.5 to 18 kg
- Notmal Weight = IWG 12.7kg / ATWG 11.5 to 16kg
- Overweight (BMI > 23) = IWG 10.2kg / ATWG 8 to 11.5 kg
- Obese (BMI > 28) = IWG 7.6kg / ATWG 9kg

Hope the above assures all mummies re their respective weight gain thus far :)

I think I'm in trouble. My bmi was 23.5, I gained 9 kg already

Meilynn

Hi mums,

Just to share, I'm 28 weeks plus and my baby is 1.1kg when we measured on Thursday. Did my glucose test and passed it. But. The doc said the umbilical artery blood flow is on the high side (just touching the high end range) and what this means is that if it goes any higher the baby will not receive blood flow/oxygen/nutrients from me and may stop growing :( I tried googling. But not much info out there but I did come cross one site that says some moms may get high bp if the umbilical artery reading goes up which may result in hospitalization and possibly early birth :(

Does anyone have this experience? My next visit is 2 weeks but there's nothing I can do other than rest and take my supplements. I wld like to hear if anyone has similar experience pls, I can't stop worrying :(

Dear Milkshake, dun worry too much k. Since gynae said to monitor further, u try ur best to maintain a positive attitude ya. Tk good care! I will pray hard for u n BB

Meilynn

My baby weighs 1.28 at week 26 and 1.5kg at week 30. I asked gynae if he is too fat at 26 week but she said no worries. cos baby's growth will slow down or speed up different times. The funny thing is I only gained 1 kg so far, replacing my weight loss in the 1st trimester. So, my net weight gain is 0
So long Bb is gaining weight should be fine. For u, wif a net weight gain of 0 kg, u r the envy of most mummies here, including me!! Envy envy envy le :)

sunkissed

Hi mums,

Just to share, I'm 28 weeks plus and my baby is 1.1kg when we measured on Thursday. Did my glucose test and passed it. But. The doc said the umbilical artery blood flow is on the high side (just touching the high end range) and what this means is that if it goes any higher the baby will not receive blood flow/oxygen/nutrients from me and may stop growing :( I tried googling. But not much info out there but I did come cross one site that says some moms may get high bp if the umbilical artery reading goes up which may result in hospitalization and possibly early birth :(

Does anyone have this experience? My next visit is 2 weeks but there's nothing I can do other than rest and take my supplements. I wld like to hear if anyone has similar experience pls, I can't stop worrying :(
Hi milkshake,

I'm not sure if what I experienced is related to your case. I suffered from preeclampsia, which is high blood pressure developed during pregnancy. You may want to refer to the following websites for more info:

Preeclampsia - PubMed Health
Signs & Symptoms
Faqs

Basically, during my last ultrasound scan. my placenta wasn't supplying blood to my baby. I was admitted and put under observation that very day in the delivery suite. I was fine and transferred to normal ward after 3 days. But suddenly on the 2nd night at normal ward, I experienced severe gastric pain and headache (symptoms of high blood pressure) and was transferred back to the delivery suite. There my condition went downhill and doctors advised me to deliver the baby to bring my bp down.

I'm not sure what can be done to prevent it cos mine happened so suddenly. Apparently no causes can still be identified and the doctors also don't know what caused mine.

Hope that yours won't develop into preeclampsia cos it was a very traumatic experience for me :( Maybe a lot of rest well help so rest as much as you can!

climsp

My baby weighs 1.28 at week 26 and 1.5kg at week 30. I asked gynae if he is too fat at 26 week but she said no worries. cos baby's growth will slow down or speed up different times. The funny thing is I only gained 1 kg so far, replacing my weight loss in the 1st trimester. So, my net weight gain is 0

Same I onli gain 1kg. Think our babies eat all the food n our fat! Hahaha

Rukia

Hi rukia,

Why should you be worry since gynae didn't mention anything. It's really depends on your built also maybe you r very petite.. you need to have a certain weight to hold your baby. dont't worry be positive !! Jia you !! The weight may be on your enlarge of breast,water bag, baby"s weight & bits of swelling here n there. (*legs,butt,arms etc)
I am quite big sized actually :)

I think most of my eeight gained went to my butt and thighs. So scary looking at them now...

Btw, anyone suffering from butt ache after sitting too long? I seems to get it pretty often last wk. it feels as though i bruised my tailbone.

miracle25

just went for checkup last Sat at my 31 weeks and gynae said my boy is already nearly 1.8kg! he was shocked! I was even more shocked by his expression and starts to get worried if I'll have difficulty delivering. He asked me to cut down on rice and noodles and emphasise that I must excercise more.. I only merely passed the glucose test.. now I'm headache whenever I eat outside.. he gave me a sample menu for diabetics and ask me to refer it...

from my first visit to the gynae at 52.6kg, now I weighed 60kg.. gaining 7.4kg.. considered okay? I was also given a Obstetric Admission Sheet and was instructed to have it with me everywhere I go..

the ultrascans shows that the baby's legs are on my right and I guess he's at the 180 degrees position and starting to turn.. last night, we had the most happiest moment.. the baby moved for about 1 min (non-stop movements) and we can see that he is pushing my belly to my left.. he used to only have a few kicks/ pushes on and off..

will be starting my 3 weeks checkup for my next visit...

Last edited:

miracle25

think that's fine, wash 3 saturdays in a row :) just make sure it has been washed several times before using.
hi bleeeee, thanks.. we washed the first time last Sat with the new baby clothes.. the inserts took longer time to dry which I guess cos it's thicker.. I guess we'll have to buy more cloth diapers (or pampers) to standby in case they don't dry in time..

Gracecwz

I think most of my eeight gained went to my butt and thighs. So scary looking at them now...

Btw, anyone suffering from butt ache after sitting too long? I seems to get it pretty often last wk. it feels as though i bruised my tailbone.
I get it too... Supposed to do some hip rotation exercise to ease the pain. Try it!

just went for checkup last Sat at my 31 weeks and gynae said my boy is already nearly 1.8kg! he was shocked! I was even more shocked by his expression and starts to get worried if I'll have difficulty delivering. He asked me to cut down on rice and noodles and emphasise that I must excercise more.. I only merely passed the glucose test.. now I'm headache whenever I eat outside.. he gave me a sample menu for diabetics and ask me to refer it...

from my first visit to the gynae at 52.6kg, now I weighed 60kg.. gaining 7.4kg.. considered okay? I was also given a Obstetric Admission Sheet and was instructed to have it with me everywhere I go..

the ultrascans shows that the baby's legs are on my right and I guess he's at the 180 degrees position and starting to turn.. last night, we had the most happiest moment.. the baby moved for about 1 min (non-stop movements) and we can see that he is pushing my belly to my left.. he used to only have a few kicks/ pushes on and off..

my baby was 2.1kg at my last checkup (31 weeks too) but my gynae never said anything. and i gained 7kg too... =)

climsp

My bellybutton looks like a slit now. Think its bcos my baby stretched my tummy sideways.
lol, mine is a big slit now, hope it wont pop!!

my butt pain will tend to stretch to my thigh. when i sit, sleep or walk too long. sometime will lead to headaches also.

last nite got sudden cramp n pain the whole tummy. so worry going to labour. my mum still joke abt going to give birth soon is it, i give her my stress n worry look.. then she scold baby dun naughty bully mummy. it last abt 20min.

climsp

Hi milkshake,

I'm not sure if what I experienced is related to your case. I suffered from preeclampsia, which is high blood pressure developed during pregnancy. You may want to refer to the following websites for more info:

Preeclampsia - PubMed Health
Signs & Symptoms
Faqs

Basically, during my last ultrasound scan. my placenta wasn't supplying blood to my baby. I was admitted and put under observation that very day in the delivery suite. I was fine and transferred to normal ward after 3 days. But suddenly on the 2nd night at normal ward, I experienced severe gastric pain and headache (symptoms of high blood pressure) and was transferred back to the delivery suite. There my condition went downhill and doctors advised me to deliver the baby to bring my bp down.

I'm not sure what can be done to prevent it cos mine happened so suddenly. Apparently no causes can still be identified and the doctors also don't know what caused mine.

Hope that yours won't develop into preeclampsia cos it was a very traumatic experience for me :( Maybe a lot of rest well help so rest as much as you can!
have some of the symptoms.. abit worry
thks for the info.

bleeeee

hi bleeeee, thanks.. we washed the first time last Sat with the new baby clothes.. the inserts took longer time to dry which I guess cos it's thicker.. I guess we'll have to buy more cloth diapers (or pampers) to standby in case they don't dry in time..
how many cloth diapers did you get? my mum insisted on buying the whole set while we were at the baby fair so i think i am quite adequately stocked! we have quite abit of covers + inserts liao and i got prefolds previously. AND i also have disposables, LOLLL. i'm still wondering if i should buy 1 or 2 more packs of disposables just in case... heard NB pee and poo alot, esp those on breastmilk :p

bleeeee

oh at my last check up (30 weeks 6 days, can consider 31 weeks ba), my girl was 1.6kg. doc said right on the dot, not too big or too small... i hardly exercise though, and eat quite abit... put on about 12 kg so far! :|

Dilys

Hi rukia,

Never mind about the weight gain. If baby is okie thats most important. Butt ache Is very common after sitting too long.. You should use a pillow to support ur tailbone at all times while u are sitting. U can ask u hubby to massage for u to ease the aching of the tailbone.

Rzena

I went for my gynae checkup last saturday and my boy has turned head down already. He has been kicking my ribs and making me short of breath at times too.

I've already put on 14.3kg at week 28. But doctor said everything is ok and fine for me, so no worries. Also had my first episode of painful contractions/cramps over the weekend. Lasted 5 mins each for about 3-4 times...and the tummy became hard as a rock. Was worried for a while, but luckily they went away... I guess these were the strongest Braxton Hicks contractions that I have experienced so far.