EDD May 2014 (maybe)

omg the baby market is crazy lo! so crowded and the queue is so so so long! so difficult to walk and look at stuff. have to be mindful of my bump some more, cannot anyhow knock here knock there.. sweating like crazy too. make me so pek cek i left in less than an hour! alamak! in the end went to kaki bukit baby kingdom and baby warehouse... haha

charchia and guess, u both went so early! i was there at around 11.30pm and the carpark queue is already horrendous -_-'' i think tomorrow and sunday will be the same too lingz12..

Oh question kid is back again - any good nursing bras to recommend? Especially shops who will take your measurements and help you make a good decision? Saw some cheap ones from the fair but most of my friends suggested getting reputable brands from mothercare or M&S (definitely more expensive but they like the quality)

Thank you!
I buy cheapo ones from qoo10, taobao and from batam (when i went during cny, at least still can try). actually quite comfy leh.. just that those bought online can't try so might buy the wrong size.. anyway, all nursing bras are not cute/pretty, plus only wear during pregnancy so I never bother investing in expensive ones.. we need many of them some more.. so if buy expensive ones would cost a lot! hehe..

CharChia

the babyfair is not worth going at all... payment queue is scary... cant really see things... rude staff... staff dunno the products at all... starbuy not even available or sold out before it opens... nursing and diaper room only 4... also need to queue... people pushing and shoveling... items out of stock super fast and some will tell u to order and pay and deliver in a month time... carpark also got to queue and carpark charges are not cheap... if u calculate ur carpark fee and the suppose amount u save from the deals, basically no savings if u bought outside...

anyway heard they close the doors to public due to overcrowding...

Piglim

Yes mummies I just came back from the expo. DON'T GO UNLESS U R WILLING TO WAIT FOR 2 hrs just to buy from
1 booth. I went there at 1pm till 5pm the parking caused me $12. Then all the things I wanted to buy didnt cause have to q. And the staff says go to their stores to buy also same offer now (eg mums n babes..etc) so yeah. I wanted to buy the teats (now having 20%) but imagine I have to q 2hrs for that?? Siao... Wanted to buy medela valves also need to q 1 hr. Siao... Buy from the ntuc there diapers cheaper only $1 buy the q is like 1hr? Why bother... So I ended up buying only like diapers from moony n bosomi (cos u can't find in hypermarkets) so doing some testing cos heard these brands quite comfy. Then bought some ulu thingy that u can't find la.

All the staffs r so bz nobody attend to u. Seriously if I just take all those stuff n walk out without paying nobody will knows. There's no system at all in the fair. I hv been to the expo fair so many times but this one is so bad I think it really puts me off from going in e future again. Ever.

Anw if any of u intend to go tml, lotsa stuff alrdy out of stock. This time round diapers also no samples. Products thrown Here n there. Tsk tsk very disappointed. Cos now I have to go to the stores to buy the things I want to buy Liao..

shanice99

omg the baby market is crazy lo! so crowded and the queue is so so so long! so difficult to walk and look at stuff. have to be mindful of my bump some more, cannot anyhow knock here knock there.. sweating like crazy too. make me so pek cek i left in less than an hour! alamak! in the end went to kaki bukit baby kingdom and baby warehouse... haha

charchia and guess, u both went so early! i was there at around 11.30pm and the carpark queue is already horrendous -_-'' i think tomorrow and sunday will be the same too lingz12..
For me I reach ard 4 plus n we parked at changi city point. Din join the q, heck care, we walk all the way to the entrance. Printed the map but forget to bring. Omg. Bought only 2 items cos too many ppl walking etc. with the strollers. One of them hit my feet, I look at her angrily. Hub says dun come next time already. One item I can't find and other oos already. She asked me to come again tmr. Siao.

shanice99

Yes mummies I just came back from the expo. DON'T GO UNLESS U R WILLING TO WAIT FOR 2 hrs just to buy from
1 booth. I went there at 1pm till 5pm the parking caused me $12. Then all the things I wanted to buy didnt cause have to q. And the staff says go to their stores to buy also same offer now (eg mums n babes..etc) so yeah. I wanted to buy the teats (now having 20%) but imagine I have to q 2hrs for that?? Siao... Wanted to buy medela valves also need to q 1 hr. Siao... Buy from the ntuc there diapers cheaper only $1 buy the q is like 1hr? Why bother... So I ended up buying only like diapers from moony n bosomi (cos u can't find in hypermarkets) so doing some testing cos heard these brands quite comfy. Then bought some ulu thingy that u can't find la.

All the staffs r so bz nobody attend to u. Seriously if I just take all those stuff n walk out without paying nobody will knows. There's no system at all in the fair. I hv been to the expo fair so many times but this one is so bad I think it really puts me off from going in e future again. Ever.

Anw if any of u intend to go tml, lotsa stuff alrdy out of stock. This time round diapers also no samples. Products thrown Here n there. Tsk tsk very disappointed. Cos now I have to go to the stores to buy the things I want to buy Liao..
Ya dont go unless u wan to buy alot of stuff. But the items mayb oos too. Juz now I see ppl q until almost to mrt there. Ppl carrying infant and stroller still q. Omg. Anyway I expect tat I don't buy many items cos I still have kiddy palace vouchers. Lol.

jeslow

Wah...sounds really bad manz..but I die die have to go coz I pre-ordered the baby cot liao, see can grab anything along the way anot..hehe

gniy

oh dear, i'm beginning to worry now for tomorrow. i have to collect my pre-orders too. hope i don't get too frustrated.

anyway those who wants to get unimom breastpump - mothercare has the same offer i think but minus the breast pads.

Lingz12

Yeah.. I heard from my frens who went and oso from all the angry posts on fb.. Sorta gathered tat this is again not worth going.. Last year it was a flop and they promised it will b better this yr.. But I guess not.. I jus wanna go look at playmats and toy for my #1.. In the end hubby say playmat jus buy online since his fren who went said it wasnt much cheaper.. And toys we jus went toys r us.. Haha.. Guess im nt gonna go squeeze this wkend le..

Lingz12

Tannie:866684 said:
Jus wondering, do we wear a bra during hospital stay? I cannot remember. ..
Actualli I oso forgot whether I wore anot.. I tink I did la.. else v awkward wen visitors come right..

My hubby and I have decided not to go to such sales anymore after we went for the previous one weeks ago.. the people there also v rough and ruggard.. they dont want to buy they just throw here and there.. plus they dont care whether u pregnant anot.. they come knocking into you.. sigh... :(

Guess

Today reached baby market fair at 11 and what the hell......:we2arghh: It was too crowded and complete chaos.

Straight went towards B11 to get Vtech Mobile and A11 to get rocker. These were something I was looking forward to.

Then started looking for sterilizer. Everyone selling in bundle along with breast pump. Since I already had breast pump, ended up selecting Dr Brown(Bottle+Warmer+Sterilizer+Insulated bottle bag for free), and to make the payment you have to queue for more than 1 hr. Free Insulated bottle bag already out of stock and no plastic bag to carry sterilizer box. Are u crazy? howz someone gona carry the big box(sterliser) but thank god we did bring some bags along with us. other people were carrying around their arms. Bad customer experience.

Did not have guts to queue for Pureen. People were buying like boxes full of Pureen products. Really, are you even gona use them? Mind it, it was very long line. Then went to buy Huggies diaper, and again long long long queue. Really very long, another 1 and half hr in queue. Price really not worth it. Taka fair was much more managed and cheaper. Bought 4 pack of Huggies S diaper. After all the calculation, realised that I paid almost 2 dollar more fr each pack then in taka fair.

At last checked some fitted sheet, but size already out of stock. I asked the attendant if it will be available tomorrow but he says not sure. Really, you dont know. I said leave it. Planning to go tomorrow again just to buy fitted sheet. I just don't seem to find the size anywhere else :-( Let me know ladies if you know where I can find (28X52) size fitted sheet.

Buckwheat hull pillow, cheaper than in Mothercare and kiddy place but did not find the quality good. So skipped it

Mosquito net, did not find :-( Let me know ladies, where can I buy this one too. saw in Kiddy place but expensive

Baby Toileteries:- Johnson, Kododmo & Pigeon products not available.

Bought Mclaren Stroller, one in Denim. Same price as in Taka fair. Preg Prego Completo 2013 not available :-(

By this time, it was already 4:30 and noticed that crowd was lil less as in compare to morning. And I said to my husband that, we should have come late, see crowd is much less now. But No, as we were leaving, saw 200 meter long snaking queue just outside the baby market fair hall, They were waiting for their turn to get in. Even to get inside the fair, one need to stand in never ending queue.

My Conclusion, baby Market fair is all hype. No real good deal. Mismanaged, crowded, not worth, all you do is stand in the never ending queue, from getting inside the market fair to buying stuff to even if you want to have chicken rice :-(

And yes ended up paying 25 dollar to taxi for home:realmad:

Last edited:

Guess

Ladies, if you have preordered stuff than better to go early. Not sure if it will be same tomorrow but today by the end of the day, there was long queue even to get inside the hall(fair). And another queue to park the car.

The only relief was taxi, You don't have to stand in queue for long hrs for taxi.

Piglim

Can see that we r all so disappointed... All those excitement n waiting for this fair to come only to be left angry n "empty-handed" and maybe holes in e pocket (for parking or cab fares) I have alrdy discouraged all my friends from going. It's really pointless unless u r gonna buy completely everything brand new.. New cot new toys new clothes new bottles..etc but I guess the savings r prob max $100? But if u deduct the $ spend to go there, the time (which takes almost the whole day) cld u hv done something more n better and use the precious time wisely?

I wonder after all the bad feedbacks will there be less crowds tml n sunday since all r put off by it... I dun understand why those people r willing to join the q despite seeing the long q.. For those who din go today.. It's like the distance of one end of the MRT to the other end of e MRT and back to the other end again. In fact maybe longer?. No kidding here. The q to pay is half of the q to enter. (I was still lucky cos when I reached there at 1pm the crowd to enter wasn't that bad. Otherwise I prob skip this fair totally if I need to stand n q this long. And yes most stores all ran out of plastic bags!?!? Crazy...

dont understand y the government keep saying not producing enuff babies.. There r SO many preggies n mummies out there! Goosh.

Today reached baby market fair at 11 and what the hell......:we2arghh: It was too crowded and complete chaos.

Straight went towards B11 to get Vtech Mobile and A11 to get rocker. These were something I was looking forward to.

Then started looking for sterilizer. Everyone selling in bundle along with breast pump. Since I already had breast pump, ended up selecting Dr Brown(Bottle+Warmer+Sterilizer+Insulated bottle bag for free), and to make the payment you have to queue for more than 1 hr. Free Insulated bottle bag already out of stock and no plastic bag to carry sterilizer box. Are u crazy? howz someone gona carry the big box(sterliser) but thank god we did bring some bags along with us. other people were carrying around their arms. Bad customer experience.

Did not have guts to queue for Pureen. People were buying like boxes full of Pureen products. Really, are you even gona use them? Mind it, it was very long line. Then went to buy Huggies diaper, and again long long long queue. Really very long, another 1 and half hr in queue. Price really not worth it. Taka fair was much more managed and cheaper. Bought 4 pack of Huggies S diaper. After all the calculation, realised that I paid almost 2 dollar more fr each pack then in taka fair.

At last checked some fitted sheet, but size already out of stock. I asked the attendant if it will be available tomorrow but he says not sure. Really, you dont know. I said leave it. Planning to go tomorrow again just to buy fitted sheet. I just don't seem to find the size anywhere else :-( Let me know ladies if you know where I can find (28X52) size fitted sheet.

Buckwheat hull pillow, cheaper than in Mothercare and kiddy place but did not find the quality good. So skipped it

Mosquito net, did not find :-( Let me know ladies, where can I buy this one too. saw in Kiddy place but expensive

Baby Toileteries:- Johnson, Kododmo & Pigeon products not available.

Bought Mclaren Stroller, one in Denim. Same price as in Taka fair. Preg Prego Completo 2013 not available :-(

By this time, it was already 4:30 and noticed that crowd was lil less as in compare to morning. And I said to my husband that, we should have come late, see crowd is much less now. But No, as we were leaving, saw 200 meter long snaking queue just outside the baby market fair hall, They were waiting for their turn to get in. Even to get inside the fair, one need to stand in never ending queue.

My Conclusion, baby Market fair is all hype. No real good deal. Mismanaged, crowded, not worth, all you do is stand in the never ending queue, from getting inside the market fair to buying stuff to even if you want to have chicken rice :-(

And yes ended up paying 25 dollar to taxi for home:realmad:
I wanted to buy babysafe fitted sheet too, and guess what, the salesgirl tell me they don't sell separately, only in bundle. HUH??? I bought the separate pack ones during the Feb14 baby fair lo!!! anyway, 28x52 is a very common size. U can easily buy it at departmental stores and the baby warehouse or baby kingdom at kaki bukit. No point going back to squeeze just to buy the fitted sheet I guess..

I bought mine at baby warehouse just now.. really hate the baby market crowd!

gniy

Just arrived at the fair. I'm in the queue already. The queue at 10am is at hall 7 entrance. I just want to collect n zhao for lunch. Parking at expo $3.20 for first 2 hours, subsequent half hour $1.50. Changi City Point: first hour $2.50 subsequent half hour $1.20 I think

shanice99

Just arrived at the fair. I'm in the queue already. The queue at 10am is at hall 7 entrance. I just want to collect n zhao for lunch. Parking at expo $3.20 for first 2 hours, subsequent half hour $1.50. Changi City Point: first hour $2.50 subsequent half hour $1.20 I think
Ytd I parked at changi city pt from 4 to almost 8pm for $5. Enjoy ur shopping. :)

Guess

Ladies keep the updates coming.... I also need to buy some nursing dress. Vl b relying on your updates, whether to go to fair or not

Guess

Hi jessybebee,

where is baby warehouse store? Kaki bukit is too far for me, i stay in chinatown. Any good reasonable baby stuff store around except for kiddy place and obvious expensive ones. Thank you