EDD Oct 2013

maybe u can take up some part time jobs. usually they wont hire u if u r pregnant.

hi ladies.. need yr advice.. better still if there is anyone here of a managerial role, or from the HR dept..

i'm currently unemployed and looking for a job, i need income cus i'm the sole breadwinner of my family (including parents)

should i be upfront about my pregnancy..? i mean.. if i am upfront during interview, they're definitely not going to hire me right..

but i keep quiet about it and after like another 2 months then i tell them, like in june or something.. that is 4 months away from delivery, they can't terminate me anymore..?

another thing is, recently, the jobs are all like 1 year contracts.. then i would be.. work 5mths and maternity 4mths and go back work 3 months?!

my goodness. i am damn confused and in a horrible dilemna and its causing me alot of stress.. making me have insomnia and feeling very depressed.....

joyfulmum

Can i check with u mummys whether u are taking any anti nausea med prescribed by gyane.n safe for bb? I havent asked any frm gyne but nausea getting quite bad,thought of making a trip to the gynae to purchase (still weeks before next appt)

joymommy

joyfulmum:783124 said:
Can i check with u mummys whether u are taking any anti nausea med prescribed by gyane.n safe for bb? I havent asked any frm gyne but nausea getting quite bad,thought of making a trip to the gynae to purchase (still weeks before next appt)
I didn't have any anti nausea med prescribed. But my nausea is still controllable I guess. For my friend whose nausea is very very bad, her gynae gave her injection and med to stop. Think u Shld see your gynae instead of self purchase the med.. :)

Qinqin

huiqin83:782991 said:
Hi keyi, I also agree on been honest with your employer. Maybe u try gov jobs as I guess they are more acceptance compared to private?
I just went for checkup n hospital tour today. Bb is very corporative today after days of talking to bb. Open leg big big let mummy daddy see his little... hheee
I'm having a little boy!! =D

Can start bb shopping soon buwhahaaa
Congrtaz!!:)

Qinqin

i have rashes over my tummy n bikini line,,is there any other method to cure other than calamine lotion?
i everynite have to wake up to put lotion because it's very itchy!!!:nah:help..

Try Vitamin B complex. They work quite well to stop nausea. Some doctors in the west strongly recommend Vit B as it helps to regulate the nervous system.

Meowmummy

i have rashes over my tummy n bikini line,,is there any other method to cure other than calamine lotion?
i everynite have to wake up to put lotion because it's very itchy!!!:nah:help..
me too, now left with all the scars, i went to purchase, cotton materials pantry wic is larger then my current ones, now the rashes are lesser now.

Meowmummy

keyi,
i have a friend so in in HR role, i can ask her advice and let u know! meanwhile, dun be stressed ok? not gd for u and baby!

Any one know gender already? i was lucky, want for checkup, gynae ask wana see? we saw a little thing dropping, should be a boy! din expect to know gender at 15weeks.

Meowmummy

hi ladies.. need yr advice.. better still if there is anyone here of a managerial role, or from the HR dept..

i'm currently unemployed and looking for a job, i need income cus i'm the sole breadwinner of my family (including parents)

should i be upfront about my pregnancy..? i mean.. if i am upfront during interview, they're definitely not going to hire me right..

but i keep quiet about it and after like another 2 months then i tell them, like in june or something.. that is 4 months away from delivery, they can't terminate me anymore..?

another thing is, recently, the jobs are all like 1 year contracts.. then i would be.. work 5mths and maternity 4mths and go back work 3 months?!

my goodness. i am damn confused and in a horrible dilemna and its causing me alot of stress.. making me have insomnia and feeling very depressed.....
Hi Keyi,
I consult my friend for your situation. Firstly, u have to be honest about your pregnancy. How long can u commit the job? Usually empolyees who work after 3 mths, company need to give maternity benefits. Suggests that u hve to nego with the company like instead of 4mths , take 2mths maternity, or take unpay maternity leave. You can find temp jobs that pay monthly or hourly, or temp assignment. I hope this can help u. Come to Mummysg, we can help and support u. Take Care!

Congrats Meowmummy! I went for check up at wk 16 but cannot see anything..so doc say maybe girl, but cannot confirm. haha. next scan is at 20/21 weeks so hopefully can see clearly.. seems sooo long, really miss seeing my baby!

keyi,
Any one know gender already? i was lucky, want for checkup, gynae ask want to see? we saw a little thing dropping, should be a boy! did not expect to know gender at 15weeks.

TVH

Anybody feeling their first baby's kicks yet? I'm 16 weeks and I have occasional twinges in my lower belly...and because this is my first pregnancy, I'm not sure how a baby's kicks feel like...just wondering if i'm imagining things...

TVH i was thinking the same thing! I read that we shouldn't be too worried as first-timers, and that by 21 weeks the kicks will be very obvious.
Experienced mums can feel "flutter movements" earlier coz they know what it should feel like.

for now i don't know if i'm just gassy or baby is flipping inside. I'm 17+ weeks. it's still too early to feel kicks coz baby is still quite light. when I lie still i do feel pressure from the inside in my lower belly..maybe it's baby?

TVH

I wonder how those flutter movements are like...I do not want to miss my baby's first kicks haha

I feel extremely gassy too...sometimes up to the point where I feel pain in my tummy. My tummy then looked as if it was abt to explode. I'm starting to show slightly but not sure if it is caused by gas or really baby growing...

littlej

Same here! I don't know whether those movements I have in my tummy are because of gas cuz I tend to fart after those feelings or if I have imagined those movements. Like what exactly are "flutter movements"!

Btw anyone has pain on rib (below breast). Sometimes I feel a sudden twinge especially if I turn suddenly when lying down...

TVH

Littlej, that could be baby's kick! I've read that baby could kick between the rib cage! I hope my baby doesn't give me internal injury haha

weeeii

I went for my 18th week check today, I'm having a baby boy! The ggj was quite obvious in between the legs. Gynae managed to capture a frontal shot of baby too, doc said the skull features looked nice: ) doc gave fish oil today too.

nanaliu

Hi to all mummies to be,

Im new to this forum and my EDD is .22nd oct 13. My gynae is Dr Ang Huai Yan.(Anyone seeing the same gynae or have the same EDD ?:))
This is my first child and im having flu (think is sinus) and itchy throat almost everyday ever since I'm pregnant:(
Did oscar test and result is 1:7500( not the best but still in a normal range). Am expecting a baby boy...

The good thing is i dun really have MS, but due to that , i have put on about 3 kg and is currently at my 15 weeks of pregnancy. Quite worry that i will be putting on a lot of weight as i hope to put on only 12kg in total....