EDD Oct 2013

I think Thomson Medical Center's one is more comprehensive. I went to see gleneagles one like very brief and not worth paying the money for...
I haven't decided where to go.. my hubby thinks going for a few specific classes more useful then many classes with info that you can read up on. he scared too draggy coz only some things will be hands on. so i dunno :(

I've heard a lot about TMC classes but it's too out of the way for me.. wanted to try the NUH one. Gleneagles got a few classes and it's the specific topics that i'm most interested about. But the price is a turn off...

joyfulmum

Checked with my gynae n they are referring me to thomson... 300 plus for detailed scan. If i wanna do in govt hospital i hv to book appt myself >_<

Dear Mummies,

Do u all feel any movements of the baby yet?
My last chk up at KKH was 15/04(15 weeks).. n the next is 31/05 inclusive of the gender and organ scan(21 weeks)...
I am now on the 18th week... Since the check ups are too far away..
Abit worried if the baby is fine and on what to expect and not to expect?
Not only that.. Recently.. i have been having very bad flu and throat infections...

I just hope all is fine.. Anybody facing issues like me?:embarrassed::eek:10:

june83

Checked with my gynae n they are referring me to thomson... 300 plus for detailed scan. If i wanna do in govt hospital i hv to book appt myself >_<
Hi joyfulmum,

300 plus only for detail scan?? I am 18weeks 5days, tmr will be having check up. Most probably my gynae will refer me to TMC also. 300plus seems to be expensive.

joyfulmum

June83,

ya lor.hubby pocket bursting...but if i don do no piece of mind. Heard its optional though... anyone skipped the triple test or detailed scan??

june83

Joyfulmum,

Is it optional?? I only know blood test is a must, anyway i didn't skip triple test and detailed scan. But when 1st daughter time there is not detail scanning.

joyfulmum

June83..
Yup blood test is compulsary but triple test n detailed scan is optional.. i guess we are all low risk..paying for a piece of mind like a rountine checkup bah...

I was sick n stayed in A ward few yrs back so nothing can b subsidized now: (

littlej

Hello... So one gynae told me to do the 20 week scan at Gleneagles. This costs $280, done by the Gleneagles radiology dept. a second gynae offered dr tc Chang at tmc to do the scan and that costs $380 but apparently dr Chang is the best of the best.

Xtinee

Those going to TMC can apply for their baby card, scans are at 10% discount, you need to pay about $140 with freebies. Tis card can get you a discount also if you deliver at TMC, so good if you are going to deliver there.

june83

So different doctor performing the scan so different price?? Hmm... tomorrow i ask my gynae and update here.

Mummies,

Do u all have a funny feeling in the tummy. Like pain but no pain and also like its rumbling inside?
I have been having this feel since 2pm today. Feels totally weird.. I tried going to the ladies and walking around.. but still the feel is there..
I feel so odd. Am 18+ weeks now...

Any advice?

TVH

but why need such an ex doctor? I think the NUH one is good and professional enough for me as it's done at the fetal care centre..

june83

Mummies,

Do u all have a funny feeling in the tummy. Like pain but no pain and also like its rumbling inside?
I have been having this feel since 2pm today. Feels totally weird.. I tried going to the ladies and walking around.. but still the feel is there..
I feel so odd. Am 18+ weeks now...

Any advice?
Hi PrincessIrsh,

what do u mean "like pain but no pain" ? Is it u feel something moving but not with pain? I think if no pain most probably is the baby moving. Recently i can feel the baby moving alot. By the way i am 18weeks 5days. When hubby feel my tummy he can also feel the movement.

Hi PrincessIrsh,

what do u mean "like pain but no pain" ? Is it u feel something moving but not with pain? I think if no pain most probably is the baby moving. Recently i can feel the baby moving alot. By the way i am 18weeks 5days. When hubby feel my tummy he can also feel the movement.
Hi June83,

Its like air trapped in the tummy kind. The tummy feels queasy and unstable kind. Its slight pain.. Infact since morning the bottom right hand side of my hip bone there was pain..
So I am not sure what it is. Feeling very confused.. Haizzz..

I just hope my baby is fine.. Tis is a weird feeling I have had so far.. :S

june83

Hi June83,

Its like air trapped in the tummy kind. The tummy feels queasy and unstable kind. Its slight pain.. Infact since morning the bottom right hand side of my hip bone there was pain..
So I am not sure what it is. Feeling very confused.. Haizzz..

I just hope my baby is fine.. Tis is a weird feeling I have had so far.. :S
Or is it the wind in ur stomach making u feeling like that. If any doubts, u should called ur gynae.

Or is it the wind in ur stomach making u feeling like that. If any doubts, u should called ur gynae.
I am seeing in KKH. Hence, my next appt is only on 31 May. If need me i need to go to the 24hr emergency clinic at KKH. Tats y i am asking on the best possible remedies first before gg to KKH.

You have any gynae to recommend. I am residing in Toa Payoh..

Xtinee

PrincessIrsh, im going to see my gynae in toa payoh tonight, i can ask for you, im also staying in toa payoh :)
I think its wind, i have this almost every night especially when I have constipation, its wind pain

june83

Agree with Xtinee,

I also have alot of wind. And it is normal during pregnancy, dont worry too much.