2. Nightingale - Mt. A 12 Sept :p
3. happybaby - Thomson Medical Center 03 Sept
4. raine - Thomson Medical Centre 12 Sept :001_302:
5. Mrs_EG - Thomson Medical Center 18 SEP :p

6. Jaslyn - Thomson Medical Center 21 Sept :001_302:
7. Danerine - Mt. A 7 Sept :001_302:

mecolemummy

Mrs eg,

lucky mi... I din buy it, pass down by my sister... Now my nephew is 15 mths old.

Anyway, next month baby fair at expo will be selling it for only $220 (save $68).

ah.bee

seems we have quite a fair mix of Sep baby boys and girls! mine's 80% girl, to be confirmed during detailed scan next thursday, so i shall update again then!

oh no am i the only one who has not done any shopping at all? except for a few pieces of work clothes (which i upped about 2-3 sizes), i have not bought any baby or prenatal stuff! but i talk to my baby alot, hehe.

weight gain wise, first 3 months i did not gain any at all. my last check-up (at 4 months) i gained 2.3kg, so we shall see how much i have gained at 5 months since i am slowly regaining my appetite.

i want to go swimming too, but paiseh to wear bikini! and i think maternity swimwear is quite ex, so i've been holding it off.

and yes, happy mother's day to all mothers-to-be!!! :D

mrs_eg

Hi Mummy nightingale,
I've done twice swimming session so far.. I'm in bikini haha!
In the pool, I swim like normal and doesn't feel any diff compare to before pregnancy.. Try it! Very relax...
jus curious... U go public swimming pool MummyK?

if so... which level of water u think is better?

Got people stare at u ? hehehe....

mrs_eg

Mrs eg,

lucky mi... I did not buy it, pass down by my sister... Now my nephew is 15 mths old.

Anyway, next month baby fair at expo will be selling it for only $220 (save $68).

wah seh?!?!?! how u know they on offer?!?! hahaha... thanx gal!... will check it out at the fair...

3-6JUNE 2010!
Cant wait!

It better be a big one!
Cos I wanna shop!!!!

so far... about 6 kg for me...
Hmmm as for clothes...
I averagely up 2 sizes when buying clothes nowadays...
I did bought an XL yoga pants when I wore S initially... the sales girl give me a "you sure anot" kinda look... hahaha

well... the truth is we can no longer wear what we use to wear tats for sure...
if so something will be seriously wrong my dear!
so dont take it too personal ... as long as the baby is fine... maintaining figure can come later...:) :)
hahaa I bought xl yoga pants too n got the same look from the salesperson! Ya think I sud not be too concerned bout the weight gain. Coz before preggie i kept eating alot trying to gain weight but just can't put on any , was only 40kg!gynae n everyone around me Kip telling me to eat more but d fact is now I actually eat lesser, not much appetite, but seems like even if my diet is just air + water, I still put on weight hehe..weight gain came too sudden or freaking out a little hahaa

as long as baby is fine, yup, next time then go for London weight mgmt hahaa

I've put on about 7kg as well - need to watch my weight gain as I have a higher risk of gestational diabetes. Trying to cut down on the sweet stuff, but it's tough~!

What about exercise? Has anyone gone swimming yet? I dont't think I will want to buy a maternity swimsuit, so the alternative is to wear a bikini.. but with belly big big, quite shy !

So fun to see the 50/50 list of baby boys and girls - can you imagine us bringing our babies for a meetup after they are born? :D
Babies meetup??great idea! Hehee..I've been thinking of going for A swim too but duno can wear bikini or not . Tummy looks fat n not pregnant hahaa very paisey hahaa n I dun think I will wanna wear a whole pc swim suit keke.. I saw a preggie wearing like a tankini looks quite good !

MummyK

just curious... you go public swimming pool MummyK?

if so... which level of water you think is better?

Got people stare at you ? hehehe....
First time I went to relative's condo pool, second time was at hotel pool. haha.. Comparing to public pool the crowd is much lesser and people will take a first look and there after they won't really bother. ;p

I think it's safer to stay within the level that you can touch the ground and make sure someone is with you in the pool. I normally just take a few simple laps and will spend the rest of my time walking in the pool. =))

I'm so interested in getting BABYPLUS too!..
Can't really decide if I should get it right away or to wait for Baby fair to come, coz the period we should use it is during our 18-32weeks.. by then if I get it during the fair, I'm already in my 20++++weeks.. -_-"

happybaby

Advice for Car Seat

Hi Mummies

Am looking at car seats. anyoney got any good recommendation?

Currently looking at combi brand.....

Coccoro S - 0 to 4 years old ($339)
no angle adjustment

Prim baby (0 to 1 year) ($243)
3 kinds of use
baby seat, baby cot & baby rocking chair

any feedback for the above models?

thea

Updated list:

hey gals, i have increased 4kg.. hope is normal...
Jaslyn, I've actually also put on 4kg...i guess cos i started out quite heavy (56kg) :p so i hope it's ok too. I'm about 21 weeks, what about you?

As for cord blood banking, i've bought the May issue of Mother & Baby which has an article on it...(but have not read it :p)

Oh..i simply love the maternity swimsuit from Spring...$69.90+20 for the skirt if you want...it's one piece of clothing i actually feel pretty in! :p Anyways, it's hard for me to get clothes my size here (in tw) so i thought it was a good buy :)

I haven't done much shopping for baby too. Waiting for baby's chest of drawers to come :D

mrs_eg

First time I went to relative's condo pool, second time was at hotel pool. haha.. Comparing to public pool the crowd is much lesser and people will take a first look and there after they won't really bother. ;p

I think it's safer to stay within the level that you can touch the ground and make sure someone is with you in the pool. I normally just take a few simple laps and will spend the rest of my time walking in the pool. =))

Can't really decide if I should get it right away or to wait for Baby fair to come, coz the period we should use it is during our 18-32weeks.. by then if I get it during the fair, I'm already in my 20++++weeks.. -_-"
Im already 21 wks now... :err:

lovemk87

i am having leg and ankle swelling, does anyone have this???
i went shopping and try out the shoes but unable to fit in cos too tight la!!!! feel so sad cant get a nice shoe!!!!!! :we3sad:

mrs_eg

Thea,
The Spring swim suit sounds quite affordable... One pc? or 2 pc swim suit?
I havent even chosen a chest of drawers yet...
Hmm they shld have a shop at the baby fair that sells children furniture also hahaha....

Happybaby,
myabe the rest of the mummies can help u... I haven look in that area yet...

BTW,
I jus had a question that comes across my mind... anyone know where to find the s'pore traffic rules for babies safety? Newborn also mus sit car seat? or from a particular age then compulsory to use car seat etc...?

mrs_eg

i am having leg and ankle swelling, does anyone have this???
i went shopping and try out the shoes but unable to fit in cos too tight !!!! feel so sad cant get a nice shoe!!!!!! :we3sad:
Not alot of swelling I guess but I think my feet is not as bony as b4 though...

However my heels and ankles will definitely hurt after walking too much.... and the legs will feel tired and sore easily too...

There was once I was suddenly 'ATTACK' by a leg cramp while asleep at night...
And I literally mean it.. the cramp was so sudden like someone plunged a knife into my calf... never had such feeling... so painful and scary I'll never forget it!!! *shivers*

But I read that this is all normal for pregnant ladies... sobs...

Im now trying to look for supporting socks to ease the tired legs at night...
But I hope to find those that is thigh high... however they are not easy to find.... watson and all only sell those knee high ones...

MummyK

Im already 21 wks now... :err:
and I'm coming 20weeks too..
Anyway, I've been thinking for hours today and decided to just go for it.. The earlier the better lahhh... HaHa!

Called up to ask for more details on the product and delivery, and was told for the past babyfairss, there hasn't been any discount on BabyPlus and he don't think there'll be any adjustments in the coming fair too.. Hmmmm, not sure if he just wana keep me off the 'hesitating mode'.. Anyway, I've made my purchase.. =))

mrs_eg

Anyway, I've been thinking for hours today and decided to just go for it.. The earlier the better lahhh... HaHa!

Called up to ask for more details on the product and delivery, and was told for the past babyfairss, there hasn't been any discount on BabyPlus and he dont't think there'll be any adjustments in the coming fair too.. Hmmmm, not sure if he just want to keep me off the 'hesitating mode'.. Anyway, I've made my purchase.. =))
wah....
MummyK
You make me kancheong....

hahahahahha

mrs_eg

Hi all mummies!
do you guys have sleeping problems at nights?
i used to be able to sleep throughout the night but now whenever i wake up for toilet break or sudden leg cramps i couldn't be able to get to sleep again. :embarrassed:

I've gained about 5kgs too. up one size to XL now. :001_302:
I do keep getting up for toilet breaks... but I am able to get back to sleep again... Maybe getting up for toilet break is gradually a norm for me already...
got toilet with eyes half closed... done... comeback... knock out again...

Thank heavens, since the last (above mentioned) leg cramp attack so far there isnt any leg cramp for me so far.... *phew*

Totally understand how u feel raine.. the leg cramps can somehow... keep u awake with its 'after-sensation'...
Try to do some stretching b4 sleeping might help... :)

mecolemummy

Called up to ask for more details on the product and delivery, and was told for the past babyfairss, there hasn't been any discount on BabyPlus and he dont't think there'll be any adjustments in the coming fair too.. Hmmmm, not sure if he just want to keep me off the 'hesitating mode'.. Anyway, I've made my purchase.. =))
It's good to start from 18th-32nd week but u can use it all the way to child birth. jus tat the later u use the shorter the numbers of days per lesson needed... there are 16 lessons all together. I read the comments and many parents started Babyplus much later dan 18 weeks and still report the developmental benefits!

as for the pricing... my laogong found the information for me gaven by Baby Singapore - premium baby products

mummyk, enjoy ur bonding with ur baby! u will love it!!! ^^