EDD Sep 2010

DELvy

Any mummies know where to buy young green coconut? Is it true that we should start drinking young coconut juice once a week from 3rd trimester? Towards to due date, like more frequent?

nightingale

Hi mummies,
Have any of you bought maternity pads??? Any recommended brands???With Wings better or loop better?
I heard that hospitals will usually provide you with maternity pads for your stay there; after going home, should be able to use our normal sanitary pads I think?

Mickey88

I heard that hospitals will usually provide you with maternity pads for your stay there; after going home, should be able to use our normal sanitary pads I think?
I heard from the nurses in the clinic, hospital will only provide limited and it's better to get maternity pads as the flow will be really heavy... so i was looking out for it...

MummyK

I heard from the nurses in the clinic, hospital will only provide limited and it's better to get maternity pads as the flow will be really heavy... so i was looking out for it...
Yes, it's better to buy extra maternity pads.. My SIL used up to 2 packs during her hospital stay..

nightingale

So any recommended brands?
Heard good feedback about Kotex maternity pads; another mummy passed me a new pack which she purchased from Kiddy Palace (Pureen Madame maternity pads) but didn't use because she preferred the normal pads.

Generally maternity pads don't come with wings, so it depends on what you like. :) I guess if using normal pads it just means you may have to change them more frequently - which should be fine since we're at home most of the time during the first month anyway. I'd suggest not overstocking - try one packet first and then buy more if necessary.

Busybugz73

Hi, my due date is also in Sept (estimated 30th but may be earlier). This is my second pregnancy but it feels like the first one as my son is going to be 5 years old this month.

Looking forward to get to know all of you here!
:001_302:

nightingale

Hi, my due date is also in Sept (estimated 30th but may be earlier). This is my second pregnancy but it feels like the first one as my son is going to be 5 years old this month.

Looking forward to get to know all of you here!
:001_302:
Congrats and welcome! :) Nice to have an experienced mum-to-be to give us some tips! Many of us are first-timers :p We were just discussing which maternity pads to get etc. Do feel free to share your views!

dl28

welcome busybugz73. please do share your experiences with us.

sigh, i am going to have problems with pads.
i have sensitive skin and not sure how i am going to get over this.

how long will the flow last?

mrs_eg

I know we need... maternity pads... but duno which brand.... bought POISE's maternity pad for after birth use... cos that day at the fair got offer... plus I have been using their panyliners... so far so good...

lekdao

Can try out the Sofy (41cm) latest but they come in dry cotton only.

Hospital using Kotex (string tie ard your body), they will put 2 pcs stag together (super thick). I used for one day, the moment i can go toilet, i used my own pad. I was allowed to get out from bed 8 hrs after my birth. anything b4 that nurses helped me to change or urine. I simply cannot urine lying on the bed using the urine pan. In the end, nurse helped me up sitting on the urine pan. LOL

Its good to prepare your own pad in case you dun like kotex.

Last edited:

Busybugz73

Hi Ladies

Thanks for the warm welcome. Well, it's been a while since I was last pregnant so for maternity pads, if I recalled correctly, I used the ones provided by the hospital first followed by overnight pads from Whisper as my flow slowed down after the first few days. For me, it lasted for over 3 weeks (I had natural vaginal birth). Flow was steady but as I said, not overwhelming so normal pads were fine for me.

As for sensitive skin, which pads do you use for your normal menses or did you use tampons? I know it's difficult and frustrating. Do try to keep your skin in that area dry after washing. Have your confinement lady/mum help you as you may have difficulty cleaning yourself.

Take care.

Mickey88

Thanks to all mummies for your opinions. i think most likely i will stick to my normal pads or come to worse, i will get 1 pack of maternity pad to standby.

dl28

Hi Ladies

Thanks for the warm welcome. Well, it's been a while since I was last pregnant so for maternity pads, if I recalled correctly, I used the ones provided by the hospital first followed by overnight pads from Whisper as my flow slowed down after the first few days. For me, it lasted for over 3 weeks (I had natural vaginal birth). Flow was steady but as I said, not overwhelming so normal pads were fine for me.

As for sensitive skin, which pads do you use for your normal menses or did you use tampons? I know it's difficult and frustrating. Do try to keep your skin in that area dry after washing. Have your confinement lady/mum help you as you may have difficulty cleaning yourself.

Take care.
i could only use tampons during menses. in nights, i tried using pads..but oh boy, i do have regrets after that..hiaz..
i got to take extra precaution and keep dry..

mecolemummy

Any mummies know where to buy young green coconut? Is it true that we should start drinking young coconut juice once a week from 3rd trimester? Towards to due date, like more frequent?
My hubby got the coconut from Giant supermarket for mi ^^
I posted info on drinking coconut water earlier postes... pls track back.

mecolemummy

Halo Mummies... ^^

I'm experencing wrist pain/numb/weak on both my hands... found this and like to share.

One of the more common symptoms that occurs during pregnancy is hand or wrist pain. There can also be numbness or tingling. Weakness of grip. Night pain. Or pain that originates in the wrist and travels up the arm to the elbow. What's happening is most likely a temporary case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS).
The carpal tunnel is a small canal in the hand where a big nerve (the median nerve) passes through to control part of the hand. There are also 9 tendons inside the tunnel that control hand and finger movements. This tunnel is created by the alignment of your wrist bones (the word carpal is Latin for wrist) and some soft tissue structures (primarily the flexor tendon). It is about the size of the tip of your pinkie. Women have very small carpal tunnel as compared to men, and are more prone to CTS.
When a woman is pregnant she retains more fluids to help nourish and protect the baby. Often times the cells that make up part of the carpal tunnel will swell up and put pressure on the median nerve, creating a temporary case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, which can be very painful.
If this occurs I recommend seeing a chiropractor, massage therapist, or physical therapist that is familiar with this condition. It can be treated successfully most of the time. In addition, refrain from extensive computer use, wear a wrist splint, and ice your wrist/hands 3-4 times per day. Also consider some light Yoga stretches for CTS or exercises. With the right kind of treatment the symptoms should resolve quickly.

Busybugz73

Great post, Mecolemummy.

I suffer from that too as well as leg cramps and most recently, quite sharp pelvic pains.

Any sufferers of pelvic pain out there? I had it when I was carrying my son but the pain only occurred within the last few weeks of my pregnancy.

I guess I'm older now so joints are even stiffer and more prone to injury!

Here's a good article on this.

Pelvic pain (SPD)