EDD September 2013 Mummies

Sunbeams

Kcws - looks like we quite similar!! I also have mild group B streps n GDM.
Wondering if there's a link :(
sian. When's ur EDD?
mine is 17/9
btw... Any idea if streps B is very dangerous or bad? I feel so ashamed I have so many conditions during preggie :/
quite discouraging ESP since FTM

kcws

Kcws - looks like we quite similar!! I also have mild group B streps n GDM.
Wondering if there's a link :(
sian. When's ur EDD?
mine is 17/9
btw... Any idea if streps B is very dangerous or bad? I feel so ashamed I have so many conditions during preggie :/
quite discouraging ESP since FTM
Haha.... Thanks for be my twin :p My EDD is on 13/9.

I read up the babycenter forum, said need to be on 4hrs antibiotic drip during labour to protect the baby. So, need to rush to hospital when water broke, cos once water broke baby might get infection. My initial plan is to stay at home as long as possible. I have bad experience to stay bedded for quite long last pregnancy. Can't move around n can't drink or eat due to they strap machine to monitor baby.

raoow

I can't decided. Just worry about the bill if baby need to be warded cos I have GDM n Group B Streps :( Will ask about downgrading issue on next appointment at week 38. Hopefully baby stay put till then :p
Oooh! Maybe talk to your gynae and see what are the risks involved if any. I'll be doing my GBS test next Tues as i might be trying for natural birth instead of scheduled c-sect. Crossing my fingers!!

yanting

Haha.... Thanks for be my twin :p My EDD is on 13/9.

I read up the babycenter forum, said need to be on 4hrs antibiotic drip during labour to protect the baby. So, need to rush to hospital when water broke, cos once water broke baby might get infection. My initial plan is to stay at home as long as possible. I have bad experience to stay bedded for quite long last pregnancy. Can't move around n can't drink or eat due to they strap machine to monitor baby.
my gynae only told me need to take antibiotic if tested positive, didn't know need to be on drip during labour. But I heard something like will wait for the results then only issue me the admission letter, so I guess it will be stated in letter whether antibiotic drip is required?

Yiks

Hi mummies!! Hang in there!

Just went for my weekly checks today and my lil girl hasn't engaged yet. Gynae says it'll be another 3 weeks more to go. D: I was hoping she can come earlier cos it's getting more uncomfortable to sleep at night and I'm also getting stiff fingers due to water retention. Mine will be quite chubby, gynae estimated her to be 3.4kg. HAHA.

Any of you getting stretch marks and itching alot more nowadays? I'm itching really badly that gynae has given me calamine lotion and a course of pills to ease the itch.

Hang in there mummies while our lil ones enjoy their holiday in our tummies. :)

A mummy

A mummy: But PAP smear includes more than just a swap right? This virgina swap test is only using a swap to pick up the discharge for test, nothing more. Ahhhh, feels so cheated![/QUOTE]

yeap nothing more.Vagina must cough out.
Pap smear will be a long stick into cervix.you'll feel like itchy at cervix.Then that's it.

raoow

I've put on 19kg and I'm 35 weeks 5 days. Gynae didn't ask me to cut down on carbs. Only less salt and sugar cos she suggests mine is water retention. I wasn't tested for gestational diabetes too as she felt I'm ok. Thank God!

skt

I am now in my 35 weeks + 5 days too, having a hard time to sleep at night. Other than the protuding tummy from baby's kicks and punches, the sharp pain when baby presses on my bladder makes me more uncomfortable to sleep. I have to sleep in a sitting position and change to lying position in the middle of the night when the baby has lesser movements.

Stiff fingers have started to appear, on and off i notice my feet and hands more meaty than usual. But that usually lasts 1-2 days and disappear before re-appearing.

I bet our husbands are getting anxious as well? everytime I feel a pain, my husband will be guessing contraction is coming, asking me to check if there is any show or anything flowing from my bottom.

A mummy

Wow, that's a lot! Did your gynae advise you to cut down on carbs?
Ya...especially if baby is just 2kg over.My water retention not so much.Gynae just said you gained 2kg everytime.You have big appetite? I said yea.Ok no problem he said. I dont have diabetes,preclampsia,fever, flu throughout pregnancy so he was nt concern. Anyway, i don't look fat at all. Just that all those food go to my thighs. So, i just hope once i deliver,it goes down to 62kg on the spot. Now i'm 69kg. I have high metabolic rate so let's pray...after bf, 55kg in 2mths,i'll be happy. I dont intend to go back to prepregnancy wt of 49kg.i looked thin. Just that,i'm not sure if my appetite will go down.if it sticks to the current appetite,guess high metabolic rate wont help.I just want my small face back and my waist of 25inch...i dont care about other parts seriously. i don't mind the life changing body. Altho my boobs go up to a 38E(it sucks) from 34B,i hope after bf,it goes smaller. Only D cup can find everywhere. Anyone can recommend bigger size bra either maternity or normal bra? Dont recommend triumph. Too ex for me.Appreciate alot. I know shopping will not be easier after today. I tried to exercise,but i'm just panting after 10steps of walking. Sometimes i just cry to relax myself. I'm early 20s,and i have a gigantic everythg especially when i just gt hitched last yr,and i'm thin... Pregnancy really mould not our mind but our body too...

ZPF

I've put on 19kg and I'm 35 weeks 5 days. Gynae didn't ask me to cut down on carbs. Only less salt and sugar cos she suggests mine is water retention. I wasn't tested for gestational diabetes too as she felt I'm ok. Thank God!
hmm. I am 38 weeks put on 13 kg. My gynae ask me to cut down on carbs and saying that I could actually gain 0 weight and baby gain weight.

ZPF

Ya...especially if baby is just 2kg over.My water retention not so much.Gynae just said you gained 2kg everytime.You have big appetite? I said yea.Ok no problem he said. I dont have diabetes,preclampsia,fever, flu throughout pregnancy so he was nt concern. Anyway, i don't look fat at all. Just that all those food go to my thighs. So, i just hope once i deliver,it goes down to 62kg on the spot. Now i'm 69kg. I have high metabolic rate so let's pray...after bf, 55kg in 2mths,i'll be happy. I dont intend to go back to prepregnancy wt of 49kg.i looked thin. Just that,i'm not sure if my appetite will go down.if it sticks to the current appetite,guess high metabolic rate wont help.I just want my small face back and my waist of 25inch...i dont care about other parts seriously. i don't mind the life changing body. Altho my boobs go up to a 38E(it sucks) from 34B,i hope after bf,it goes smaller. Only D cup can find everywhere. Anyone can recommend bigger size bra either maternity or normal bra? Dont recommend triumph. Too ex for me.Appreciate alot. I know shopping will not be easier after today. I tried to exercise,but i'm just panting after 10steps of walking. Sometimes i just cry to relax myself. I'm early 20s,and i have a gigantic everythg especially when i just gt hitched last yr,and i'm thin... Pregnancy really mould not our mind but our body too...
A mummy, you have X factor! High metabolisms! How I wish I have high metabolism! Usually I will eat 2 meals per day to keep my weight under control. Due to pregnancy, I have to eat 3 full meals. My face, waist and legs are fat now. Don't know whether I will be able to get back my shape and weight after giving birth. :(

ZPF

I am now in my 35 weeks + 5 days too, having a hard time to sleep at night. Other than the protuding tummy from baby's kicks and punches, the sharp pain when baby presses on my bladder makes me more uncomfortable to sleep. I have to sleep in a sitting position and change to lying position in the middle of the night when the baby has lesser movements.

Stiff fingers have started to appear, on and off i notice my feet and hands more meaty than usual. But that usually lasts 1-2 days and disappear before re-appearing.

I bet our husbands are getting anxious as well? everytime I feel a pain, my husband will be guessing contraction is coming, asking me to check if there is any show or anything flowing from my bottom.
Hmm. I don't have sleeping problem except of frequent toilet trips and swollen legs and hands. It seems that every mummy feels a bit of pain when the contraction takes place. I don't have actually. I just feel tightness of my tummy.

Sunbeams

Ok. I have put on 7 plus kg n bb Shld be about 2.8-2.9kg I think ... Week 36 going week 37..
will see gynae next wed. Have to control carbs!

kcws- ur first pregnancy... Do u have such issues? Was it natural birth?