EDD September 2013 Mummies

StellaC

and all the stories about menses pain x1000 or x100,it's ridiculous... X4 i would say depending on your menses cramp.My menses cramp was 40-50,so i was used to painful periods every mth...Oh and ya, keep talking to the nurse during the contraction...ask questions whats the max contraction, is it normal fr this and that, just try to ask questions about the labour,but don't talk to hubby, you'll Feel pain because you'll tend to be a crybaby and end up epidural.
I was put on the monitoring thing too today to measure contractions and the highest it went was 50+. Just felt tight no pain... Hopefully I can endure like u when my real labour contractions come!

kcws

I remembered mine was a thick but small discharge like phlegm,only come out once.1cm kind... It really looks like our usual discharge. To all mummies here who are waiting anxiously,I dont have any blood,mucous,nor water bag burst. No sign. Just contraction of 1min to 30 seconds apart and the pain is really mild. But from 2cm i suppose it was hell up to 4cm...my early labour was painful,then supposingly gt intense,but i gt used to it i feel so good for every max contraction(max 126-128)...because the monitor shows number increasing,so i know another one coming so i was in controlled and mentally prepared. Partly, mine was 126 all the way hence the fast labour.TIPS: Deep breathingLook at the monitor(altho nurse scold,heck care)Hold yr hubby arms for every MAX contractionRemember, max 120plus,thats the intense one. Usual menses 40-50...66 quite pain.But once 100 ,66 felt nthg.Ypu'll be surprised that some of you here won't nd an epidural.
A Mummy, I'm 3cm dilated, check at 1pm. No painful contraction until now just mild period like cramp :( quite worried that I'm not aware of the dilation and end up giving birth at home.... Sigh... Mentally stress T_T

raoow

Ladies, may i know how the gynae checked for dilation? Was it an internal examination? Did it hurt? And did anyone's gynae do a membrane sweep to speed things up?

kcws

Ladies, may i know how the gynae checked for dilation? Was it an internal examination? Did it hurt? And did anyone's gynae do a membrane sweep to speed things up?
Ya internal check using hand. My gynea did membrane sweep too. Damp painful T_T

raoow

EEKS! I'm at the hospital now being monitored. Had contractions from 4am and it started being more regular at every 5 min.

I cannot decide if I should pray that this is the real thing or false alarm. Cos it really hurts. Cannot imagine another few weeks of this. But at the same time, like not ready for birth!!!

yanting

Ya internal check using hand. My gynea did membrane sweep too. Damp painful T_T
My gynae didn't mention membrane sweep, so I supposed she didn't do that? Only told me no dilation yet, and not painful for me. Membrane sweep is to speed up on set of labour right?

thanku82

A Mummy, I'm 3cm dilated, check at 1pm. No painful contraction until now just mild period like cramp :( quite worried that I'm not aware of the dilation and end up giving birth at home.... Sigh... Mentally stress T_T
Is this your first time delivery? If so, you should have enought time to hospital when you feel contraction at 10min interval.

yanting

EEKS! I'm at the hospital now being monitored. Had contractions from 4am and it started being more regular at every 5 min.

I cannot decide if I should pray that this is the real thing or false alarm. Cos it really hurts. Cannot imagine another few weeks of this. But at the same time, like not ready for birth!!!
Wow! So fast? I will pray that you have a smooth delivery if this is the real one.

Sunbeams

Wah! Raoow! Hang in there! Hope everything's ok n keep us updated!!
Yanting, my gynae Didnt do membrane sweep too n I just Heard about it from u guys!
my gynae also says my gate closed still.. No using of hand to check of dilation. Maybe tmr? I duno man

kcws

Evy... Evy... So fast... Wish you have a smooth delivery :)

skt

Raoow - my edd is 17/9 ... Around same time :)
where will you be delivering?
good to know that there r some mummies around who will be about same week as me!
I dont't think everyone will lose it and thought once mucus plug gone then water bag will leak...
My baby is moving so much in this hour!! Ha..
i am perhaps the last one here? EDD 23 Sept. :)

skt

feeling excited for you!! I hope all things are well on your side babe!!

Last edited:

raoow

Seems like today is the day! I'm 3cm dilated with contractions every 5 min. After doctor checked for dilation, i went to pee and wanted to eat cos super hungry. But i started bleeding in the toilet. Think it's from the internal check. So back to the bed.

Hope all goes fast and smooth. Update you all when I can.

StellaC

Seems like today is the day! I'm 3cm dilated with contractions every 5 min. After doctor checked for dilation, i went to pee and wanted to eat cos super hungry. But i started bleeding in the toilet. Think it's from the internal check. So back to the bed.

Hope all goes fast and smooth. Update you all when I can.
SO excited for u ! How does the contraction feel at 3cm dilation? Is it bad? But u can still go and eat should be ok ?