First Year birthday - Summary of all events planning/resources/locations for 1st bdae

Ting

Re: 1st birthday venues

haha no worries! im also kiasu mummy.
pin's bday is in FEB, n i hv alr sorted out everything alr.
just need to work on the details.
:)

for me, ive booked aloha.
perhaps, u can consider, chalet, function rooms at condo or safra club.

jxmummy

haha no worries! im also kiasu mummy.
pin's bday is in FEB, n i have already sorted out everything already.
just need to work on the details.
:)

for me, ive booked aloha.
perhaps, you can consider, chalet, function rooms at condo or safra club.
i'm also thinking of booking aloha, so much you pay?

diymummy

For my son's 1st yr bday this dec, I booked the NSRCC chalet and ordering BBQ buffet for my guests.

Ting

i'm also thinking of booking aloha, so much you pay?
im not sure.
my bf using the civil servant thingy to pay. so shld be cheaper.
but his fren checked n say only 45 per night?? im not sure too, cos i cant access the website n bf cant access til he is back in sg. :)

isabelandrew

First Year birthday

how time flies! I am finally coming to the 1st 'round' of motherhood. so i should celebrate my DD 1 yr old.

i intend to get someone to make balloons (u know the tube balloon that u can mould into shapes?)

btw how did u guys celebrate her birthday?

LoVeS

Re: 1st yr birthday party

For my son 1st bday we juz book chalet for a few days n haf bbq n cutting of cake on the actual day which i will be doing the same for my daughter's upcoming 1st bday too~:tlaugh:

As for the service u mentioned~ I tink u can search thru frm yahoo in singapore for such service~ I tink i rmb seeing such service in singapore for party but it is pretty ex so i dun tink it worth it~

annie

there seems to be plenty of such thread here.. if u do a search maybe u can see all the mummies ans.. for me i just bake her a cake n celebrate at hm with her, me n hubby on the weekend before her bday. then bring her to the zoo (just me n her) on her actual bday since its a weekday..

tinkerball

i booked a chalet at pasir ris for bb's birthday. this year didnt managed to get one though. my hubby can do simple balloon sculpting. but his colleague is a pro even i was amazed with his works

Milan

how time flies! I am finally coming to the 1st 'round' of motherhood. so i should celebrate my dear daughter 1 your old.

i intend to get someone to make balloons (you know the tube balloon that you can mould into shapes?)

btw how did you guys celebrate her birthday?
I saw 1 at parkway parade yesterday. just outside mothercare. selling toys (i think so). the notice is pasted at the cashier that they provide balloons making and other services for parties.

Ting

the balloon sculpting is not cheap..
my coy D&D they employed one n he costs $350 per hr! n pls, he only make less than 10 balloons.. -.-"
i saw this thread the other day, u can check it out.
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/providing-balloons-sculpturing-services-events-roadshows-reasonable-prices-28066/

but i feel that balloon sculpting is not neccessary unless u hv many many kids arnd (but not babies, maybe older kids like 3 years n abv).

as of pin's 1st birthday, my Aunt helped to cook n provide the food. n i just invite my relatives n close frens. got a cake n thats it.
they wont really rmb/enjoy much also..
try not to over-invite too many ppl, if not too noisy n crowded, baby will get cranky.

Ting

actually it is up to u whether u r comfortable to let your baby hv the cake.
cos most cakes r very sweet. maybe u can let her just hv a bit of her bday cake w/o the cream.. :)

i did gv pin her bday cake during her bday, it was a sponge cake with fruits. :D

diymummy

I booked a chalet at NSRCC, rented some toys, bought some balloons for decoration. Guests had BBQ buffet (hired someone to do the BBQ for me).

Babies should be able to take cakes. But try to give only the sponge, leave out the cream.

camom

I went with small celebrations with close relatives and/or friends for 1st birthdays since the 1st mth wld hv been a big celebration. Only when they grow older and can start asking for this and that, do I splurge out.

I usually go for catered food + extras like satays and a cake. For decor, I will get foil helium filled balloons from the party shops in Middle Roads with some themed party packs. Like for my son, he was born in the year of the Rat so I had a Mickey Mouse themed party.

annie

IF your bb is not allergy to eggs then it should be ok to take cakes

Frenchkitty

I'm holding my son's 1st birthday at a Toy Factory!
Initially I thought of doing it at hotel buffet reception but Hubby is against it, he thinks it is too common and nothing interesting.

So we booked the whole place at toy factory .. now I need recommendations for banners, helium balloons and renting a Cotton Candy spinning machine.
Any mums with recommendations? :Dancing_tongue: