Glucose tolerance test

P4nic

wah the test not very ex.. maybe i can ask my gynae to let me take the test. Where u take the test?

PTB7476

okie~ what other test do we have to do before our EDD?
Do we need another blood test to ensure everything is ok before we deliver?
:tlaugh: frankly speaking i dunno :tlaugh: i will let you know if i know of anything :001_302:

Last edited:

PTB7476

Just got a bad news from the clinic :(

my reading after fasting was 72 which is fine but after taking the F&N orange , it goes up to 142 :( even though it is borderline case ( cut off is 140) but i need to watch my diet already.... no more softdrink + mooncake + ice-cream for me...so sad :(

P4nic

Just got a bad news from the clinic :(

my reading after fasting was 72 which is fine but after taking the F&N orange , it goes up to 142 :( even though it is borderline case ( cut off is 140) but i need to watch my diet already.... no more softdrink + mooncake + ice-cream for me...so sad :(
Huh.. then better cut down if not wait baby too big!

minako85

not just control diet, i need to prick myself 2 consecutive days every week 7 times a day to monitor the sugar level in my blood :(
Huh... Anw, I stl think e test is v stupid... They let u drink such sweet drink of cuz e sugar level goes up ma... Even we normally also woulnt take such sweet stuff right?

So r u put on any strict diet course?

PTB7476

Huh... Anw, I stl think e test is very stupid... They let you drink such sweet drink of cuz e sugar level goes up ... Even we normally also woulnt take such sweet stuff right?

So r you put on any strict diet course?
i also think so...cos before the drink it was 72 way below the cut off reading...

yah got to watch my diet and monitor the sugar level ...no more ice-cream , mooncake, softdrink and all teh sugar stuff ... cut down on carbo etc

lucky i still have 3 more month to go... cannot imagine doing all these since beginning :tlaugh:

the funny thing is i check with other MTB with borderline reading as me, they do not have to go through such drastic measure ... guess my gynae abit too kiasi liao haiz

minako85

i also think so...cos before the drink it was 72 way below the cut off reading...

yah got to watch my diet and monitor the sugar level ...no more ice-cream , mooncake, softdrink and all teh sugar stuff ... cut down on carbo etc

lucky i still have 3 more month to go... cannot imagine doing all these since beginning :tlaugh:

the funny thing is i check with other MTB with borderline reading as me, they do not have to go through such drastic measure ... guess my gynae abit too kiasi sigh
Actually i think it is because they give u tt super sweet drink tts y ur sugar goes up so much. If normally we watch our diet n dun overdo it everything shld be fine.

PTB7476

Actually i think it is because they give you that super sweet drink tts y your sugar goes up so much. If normally we watch our diet n dont overdo it everything shld be fine.
yah i think so anyway will watch my diet ...dun want to risk deteriorating it esp when i have family history

Alisa

i will be taking the test too... anybody don at Thomson Medical b4? Would like to know how much it will cost there...

Alisa

i just did the test this morning at Thomson Medical, $26.75.
The orange syrup is ok just without gas.

Smurfete

I have the glucose strips and lancet (fits bayers) selling cheap. Left with >> 60% because my OGTT turns out to be fake positive. Suitable for those who are nearing their 3rd trimester and don't need a full box.

Attachments