help needed= anyone gone for prenatal checkups at NUH????

degilzgal

hi guys. last two yrs i had a miss miscarriage. after the bad experience at kkh during the first time, i didnt want to go back there. so when the test kit shows a big positive, i wen to poly and gotten referal to NUH. can i know the cost of first visit there? roughly how much do u spend on each visit. and i was told not to drink coffee. is it true? not even a small amount of nescafe? im very excited yet im scared my first gynea appt is this friday. wat shud i do frm now till friday??

pixie

The first 2 visits, the consultation fee might be slightly expensive but how much, best is ring up NUH and enquire. You can also clarify some doubts and if you have any questions, you can also check with the staff who answer the phone. If they are unable to answer you, they will get someone who knows to call you back.

Consultation fee varies according to the doctor you chose. A consultant will definitely charge less than a Senior Consultant.

degilzgal

thanks for the reply tried callin them up but they couldnt say any amount. so kinda worried if i didnt bring extra cash.

pixie

Try a few more times calling the hot/general line and it will get through. Better to leave your contact number and ask the staff to ring you back when they are available - this is what I did.

Don't have to worry about not bringing sufficient cash with you. You can make payment by NETS or Credit Card.

lilvixen

Hi I am with NUH for my checkups. Payment can be from $35 onwards after subsidy if it's just consultation. For scans or tests, about $100+++. I am with Clinic G. I think it's consultation should be below $100.

degilzgal

thanks my first checkup when well the doc is nice. i was at clinic g. i was charge 95 for dating scan n consultation. will go for another scan on 27th feb. but they never give me any image of the scan. shud i request for a copy of the scan pic if i want to keep for keepsake?

zaclin29

thanks my first checkup when well the doc is nice. i was at clinic g. i was charge 95 for dating scan n consultation. will go for another scan on 27th feb. but they never give me any image of the scan. shud i request for a copy of the scan pic if i want to keep for keepsake?
how many weeks were u? thats weird that they didnt give u any pic of the scan....
I went for my 1st at Wk8 and got 2 pics of the scan....

pixie

This probably is the main reason why you aren't getting any pic - sac is too small and can't see anything yet.

I was given 2 pics (but barely can see a thing except some kinda black stuff) when I went for my 8 weeks scan.
i was only 6wks n 6days. too small.