How to manage good relationship with hubby after giving birth??

Mama_Mel

Anyone to share how to manage your relationship after having baby? Find that after given birth the relationship between hubby and me had change.... :embarrassed:

Anyone to share how to manage your relationship after having baby? Find that after given birth the relationship between hubby and me had change.... :embarrassed:
How long have you given birth? is there anyone helping u to look after ur child? And how diff has the relationship become??

When i delivered my 1st, i felt the same way as u too. Maybe coz of all those that i had gone through, i felt a bit unfair that im suffering, in pain, gg thru confinement, yet he can still go overseas. We did had big quarrels coz of these, actually its me flaring up la, almost divorce still. But after a good tok, i realised that our status had changed. Its no longer just the 2 of us, its 3 of us now. We cannot go out as late as before coz we have a responsibiltiy now. To be honest, it did take a while for us to adjust to it, but we are fine now. We still find time to spend alone, like gg for movies, gg out for a walk nearby. Though we still quarrel coz i do still feel unfair as hubby still get to got out with frens to drink etc, but guess these are just the sarcrifices that a mum should do...

leelynn2006

Totally difficult to manage after my bb boy born in Jan..
I feel tat it's also my fault tat I always compare him wit husbands who change diapers and feed..(not those once a while Thingy but whom r really into it sort)
My husband has to travel alot ESP after bb is born, makes our relationship worst!
Totally dunno how to communicate already ESP always quarrel over child's stuff! V bad!
Ppl always say we should not but who can TaHan?

Sometimes I rather he go for his work n travel for work and leave me alone wit bb!

JazN

yes initially also had some minor arguments with hubby over baby. it's just a natural instinct we mothers have some ways of handling baby :)

it seems your hubby also try to help out when he is around?

Mama_Mel

Agree with Leelynn2006, will have arguement with hubby during the process of taking care of baby. I'm giving birth on Mar 2010.

I try to give in everytime, but i'm having stress as im working and needs to take care of baby. Sometime hubby did help, but if he lack of sleep then the temper will come anytime, so i try not to let him take care of baby in the nite. It's not easy after having a baby....

yup i agree that working mummy got more stress and responsibility- need to cope with work and home. But i think most hubbies wont help much with taking care of babies cus they probably feel that taking care of babies are more of mother's responsibilities? However, my colleague's hubby is very supportive towards her and also even wake up at night to feed the baby cus my colleague is very stress with her work. haha. Now the baby grow closer to the hubby instead of the mother. haha.

wanderful

Alpha Male
How long have you given birth? is there anyone helping u to look after ur child? And how diff has the relationship become??

When i delivered my 1st, i felt the same way as u too. Maybe coz of all those that i had gone through, i felt a bit unfair that im suffering, in pain, gg thru confinement, yet he can still go overseas. We did had big quarrels coz of these, actually its me flaring up la, almost divorce still. But after a good tok, i realised that our status had changed. Its no longer just the 2 of us, its 3 of us now. We cannot go out as late as before coz we have a responsibiltiy now. To be honest, it did take a while for us to adjust to it, but we are fine now. We still find time to spend alone, like gg for movies, gg out for a walk nearby. Though we still quarrel coz i do still feel unfair as hubby still get to got out with frens to drink etc, but guess these are just the sarcrifices that a mum should do...
Hello, sometimes i really think is it worth for couple to quarrel . If there are so many problem arise because of a baby, why get married to start a family in the first place. My wife always like to compare the amount of sacrifice and care she given to our baby. Crossing sword is a daily affair for me....probably the whole block of neighbour can heard it. There are many disadvantage for men if come to divorce.
Well,

~lavender~

Agree with Leelynn2006, will have arguement with hubby during the process of taking care of baby. I'm giving birth on Mar 2010.

I try to give in everytime, but i'm having stress as im working and needs to take care of baby. Sometime hubby did help, but if he lack of sleep then the temper will come anytime, so i try not to let him take care of baby in the nite. It's not easy after having a baby....
Hi Mama_Mel,

I had same situation as you. I'm giving birth on Mar 2010 too. :001_302:

We need to give and take.

simon73

true, i doubt i'm going to have another baby. 1 child already created so much unhappiness in the family.

Last edited:

Carlisle

You should let your husband know that you want a help to him for the parenting of your baby. The both of you make time to talk about the major change in you lives. And have a time for each other even if you already have a baby..

Hmm, seems like it's quite "normal" to quarrel after the baby came. I also had that. Said the "D" word even, and was scolded by hubby. Ya, it was always about the littlest things you can even think about, the things that he said, or asked him to help bb bathe but he refused, that kind of thing. Maybe it's our hormones? I don't know. But I also feel that my hubby has changed. Not as accommodating as before, but still passable.

But I feel that communication is both ways. If you want him to listen to you, you have to listen to him. I often feel very bored listening to his work ramblings, but no choice. I rather be bored than have him tell other woman about it. And for me, if I find that we really need to "talk", I will insist that we talk it out.

But whatever it is, talk it out! CHeers.