Is my baby drinking too little?

Hi all mummies, I'm new in this forum. I have a question: My baby girl is 2 months+ but is drinking 100ml at 2 hour intervals. I alternate her feeding with breast milk and formula. But I read online that 2 to 3 month old babies should be drinking 150ml at 3 to 4 hour intervals. I'm worried my girl is not drinking enough. Any advise? Thanks!

joeybeadz

Dont worry. Some babies are like that. Ur bb's interval is shorter, hence more milk i think. My baby used to drink less too. As long as they pee and poo everyday, will be fine. She will tell u if she is full or not. ie, after drinking, she still cry, means the milk is not enough. Maybe you can increase 10ml and see if she can finish.

Babycloud

My baby is coming 4 mth and only drinking between 100 to 120 ml every 3 hrs in the day time & 120-140 ml at night..
As long as there's still 6-8 wet diaper a day and is putting on weight, she will be fine.. :)

marizalonzo

When my baby was just born. She takes 60ml every 2 hours at daytime and 90ml at nite time every 3 hours. Now at 3 mos, she refuses to drink milk. She would only take about 40-60 ml in 3-4 hours. Sometimes wont even drink for 6 hrs. I was so worried. Seen the pedia in nuh but he said for as long as she doesn't lose weight then advised to change milk from nan ha to nan probiotics but it's still the same. Checked with kkh pedia but say the same. So we changed it to similac. I think similac taste so horrible. She doesnt like it, what a waste.

Just now after 7 hours, she was crying for milk, gave similac but she cried louder and just spit the milk out. So made her nan, but all the same. So have to get up and thaw brEastmilk. She drank 60 ml. Funny thing is sometimes she does t like breastmilk also. So fussy.

But even with less milk she still put on weight from 5.3kg at 2 mos to 6.1 at 3 mos. I think sleep helps a lot but she still need to drink milk. Any milk recommendation?

thanks Babycloud. Now my girl is taking 110ml every 2 to 3 hours. trying to slowly lengthen her feeding time.

mariazalonzo: My girl tried similac before but the smell was too strong and her poo-poo became very watery and smelly so now I switched back to friso gold, cos that's what they fed her in KKH. and she's still taking it without any problems. maybe u can try it?

marizalonzo

thanks Babycloud. Now my girl is taking 110ml every 2 to 3 hours. trying to slowly lengthen her feeding time.

mariazalonzo: My girl tried similac before but the smell was too strong and her poo-poo became very watery and smelly so now I switched back to friso gold, cos that's what they fed her in KKH. and she's still taking it without any problems. maybe u can try it?
Thanks SassyMummy. I changed the nipple to a longer and larger size and I think she likes it. During the day I feed her with breastmilk (not unless we go out, I can't bring breastmilk) then nan Probiotics at nite. Although she's not yet back to her normal feeding, I'm jz happy that she's finally taking milk. If she continue to refuse the FM, I will continue to find what she likes probably I'll try friso. I've already requested samples from Wyeth and abbot. Hopefully she'll get her appetite back. Do you know or any vitamins to boost baby's appetite at her age? Or is it too early to give her?

lyra

Marizalonzo, at 3 mths, she's prob more fussy as she's going through growth spurt. Mine is also fussy. Now gng through growth spurt at 6 weeks.
U can also bring breast milk out using cooler bag or feed her directly if u want to. Can use a breastfeeding shawl. Its faster than to prepare FM.

Sometimes when my girl is fussy n crying non-stop, I will give her a little pearl powder mix with water on a teaspoon and feed her to "calm" her down. My mil will also give her Jin Feng San if she's too fussy. Not sure if it works but she does calm down and has no problems with feeding after tt. Maybe u can try it?

joeybeadz

When my baby was just born. She takes 60ml every 2 hours at daytime and 90ml at nite time every 3 hours. Now at 3 mos, she refuses to drink milk. She would only take about 40-60 ml in 3-4 hours. Sometimes wont even drink for 6 hrs. I was so worried. Seen the pedia in nuh but he said for as long as she doesn't lose weight then advised to change milk from nan ha to nan probiotics but it's still the same. Checked with kkh pedia but say the same. So we changed it to similac. I think similac taste so horrible. She doesnt like it, what a waste.

Just now after 7 hours, she was crying for milk, gave similac but she cried louder and just spit the milk out. So made her nan, but all the same. So have to get up and thaw brEastmilk. She drank 60 ml. Funny thing is sometimes she does t like breastmilk also. So fussy.

But even with less milk she still put on weight from 5.3kg at 2 mos to 6.1 at 3 mos. I think sleep helps a lot but she still need to drink milk. Any milk recommendation?
I gave my baby Mamil.

Carline

Hi marizalonzo...
my baby doctor gave me Medvite for the baby...
it's multivitamin drops and can use from 0 until 12months plus..
maybe u can try?

marizalonzo

Hi marizalonzo...
my baby doctor gave me Medvite for the baby...
it's multivitamin drops and can use from 0 until 12months plus..
maybe you can try?
Hi Carline,

Is Medvite exclusive to pedia? Cos appeton also a multivitamin is not sold on pharmacies for 0-12 mos. Anywhere I can buy?