Mothers of Preemies who delivered at private hospitals

munchkin2

Hi,
I'm a mother of one girl, pregnant for the second time with twins.
I'm debating whether to deliver in a private or public hospital.
I spoke to my daughter's pedi about becoming the pedi for my babies, and he told me that if I deliver prematurely in a private hospital, my gynae should contact him and he will be on standby in the delivery suite to take care of my babies when they come out.
I wonder if any of you had such an arrangement with your pedi?
Thanks!

apollo

Hi,
I spoke to my daughter's pedi about becoming the pedi for my babies, and he told me that if I deliver prematurely in a private hospital, my gynae should contact him and he will be on standby in the delivery suite to take care of my babies when they come out.
Thanks!
may i noe which hospital u going to deliver at and where is ur pd's clinis located at?

cos i also wanna ask abt this. in future if i hav #2, i would lik to deliver at TMC, same as 1st time. but my son's pd has shift to Mt A. so i wonder if i can deliver at TMC and ask the pd to come to TMC instead of me going over to Mt A for delivery.

autumn82

may i know which hospital you going to deliver at and where is your pediatrician's clinis located at?

cos i also wanna ask about this. in future if i hav #2, i would lik to deliver at Thomson Medical Center, same as 1st time. but my son's pediatrician has shift to Mt A. so i wonder if i can deliver at Thomson Medical Center and ask the pediatrician to come to Thomson Medical Center instead of me going over to Mt A for delivery.
luVluV, you have to ask the PD if he can come over to TMC still. Coz for Iggy's PD, his clinic is located at Mt A, but he came over to TMC to check on him. :)

autumn82

Hi,
Thanks!
Hi there,

Yes, I did have such arrangement with the PD. Or should I say, before I deliver, my gynae did asked me which PD I would like for my child. I told him b4hand and he sort of "booked" that PD.

But this means extra $ (few hundreds) coz I choose the PD. :)

munchkin2

Hi,
thanks autumm82.
Did you have twins too?
I don't remember having such an arrangement when I was pregnant with my daughter, as in I just took the pedi that my gynae used and I don't think she was around when I delivered my daughter.

Apollo, my pedi is from Kinderclinic and he says he is able to take care of my babies at any private hospital. I don't think all pedis have this arrangement though. Some just go to specific hospitals. I think you will have to check with your pedi.

apollo

Hi,
thanks autumm82.
Did you have twins too?
I dont't remember having such an arrangement when I was pregnant with my daughter, as in I just took the pedi that my gynae used and I dont't think she was around when I delivered my daughter.

Apollo, my pedi is from Kinderclinic and he says he is able to take care of my babies at any private hospital. I dont't think all pedis have this arrangement though. Some just go to specific hospitals. I think you will have to check with your pedi.
since ur pd said so, means confirm can. so usually the gynae wont interfere much, as long as the pd is willing to go to the hospital u choose, means is okay.

actu when my pd was still at TMC, i saw many NB bb from Mt A went to him for NB check-up, which means he got go other pte hospital. so hopefully he still does tt. =)

autumn82

Hi,
thanks autumm82.
Did you have twins too?
I dont't remember having such an arrangement when I was pregnant with my daughter, as in I just took the pedi that my gynae used and I dont't think she was around when I delivered my daughter.

Apollo, my pedi is from Kinderclinic and he says he is able to take care of my babies at any private hospital. I dont't think all pedis have this arrangement though. Some just go to specific hospitals. I think you will have to check with your pedi.
You r welcome.

I don't have twins :001_302:
My gynae did checked with me if I've any PD I want coz I've an elder gal. If not, he can recommend me some which he usually use. :)

For my 1st, the gynae also didn't ask me about it and I didnt know as well. He just told me he's gonna get which doc for the baby.

Last edited:

apollo

You r welcome.

I dont't have twins :001_302:
My gynae did checked with me if I've any pediatrician I want coz I've an elder gal. If not, he can recommend me some which he usually use. :)

For my 1st, the gynae also didn't ask me about it and I didnt know as well. He just told me he's gonna get which doc for the baby.
tt time my gynae's nurse also choose for me and i didnt research at all. but aft tt i go to a few forums and 'researched' and decided to take the one my hubby'y aunt recommended. so cal up the gynae to change. haha!

PinkDiamonds

i'm expecting twins too.

for my first girl i just used the PD which my gynae recommended. but he wasn't on standby at the delivery suite i think. anyway there were many people so i'm not so sure what happened after baby came out. after which we switch to polyclinic for my girl's jabs. we only saw the PD once after our discharge.

when are u due? I'm currently 4 months preggy with my twins so my gynae has not discussed this with me this yet. i have no special preference so i guess i will just use back the same gynae we used when i had my #1 at TMC.

munchkin2

Hi PinkDiamonds,
I'm currently 11 weeks only. The only reason why I'm checking out about pedis and all is because I'm deciding if I should stick with my previous gynae who delivered my girl or move to KK.
My previous gynae only delivers in Parkway East. While I trust her skill, I'm not too sure about the neonatal facilities and pediatric care there if I happen to deliver early (hope not!).
KK has the best neonatal facilities; which would be the only reason why I am considering the hospital. Personally, I don't like KK as I find it too large and busy, not cosy like a private hospital.
When I contacted my girl's pedi, he told me he could be on standby when I deliver which was a surprise to me as well as I didn't think my gir's pedi was on standby when I gave birth to her.
In any case, I need to decide soon as my previous gynae offers a package from 16 weeks onwards.

PinkDiamonds

munchkin2,
initially we were also considering between KKH & TMC. However, we decided to stick with TMC as we're both comfortable with my gynae & the facilities at the hospital. They do have NICU in case you need it, unless it is very early labor.

By the way, did you ask if your gynae offers a package for twin pregnancies? My gynae offers 16 weeks package for single pregnancies but not for twin pregnancies. It is better you check with him/her on this first.

lulu8173

I delivered my first set of twins at 29 weeks, at Gleneagles. They stayed in the NICU for 8 weeks. My Pediatrician was Dr Y Y Yip, he was fantastic and really knew how to put me at ease through that difficult time. My twins are now 3, and he has monitored their growth and development very carefully-since they were born so early.
I am now 20 weeks pregnant...with my 2nd set of Twins, and I will def be delivering at Gleneagles again, as I know they have an excellent NICU, with great Nurses, and I will be using the same pediatrician.