prenatal massage

yellowpudding

of course i always put my hand at my tummy when i feel the movement, i lightly rub :) she (am pregnant with a princess) will stop a while before moving around. hahaha. those movements at times can be quite big from her - i feel like she is doing somersaults. :shyxxx:

newbie2009

of course i always put my hand at my tummy when i feel the movement, i lightly rub :) she (am pregnant with a princess) will stop a while before moving around. hahaha. those movements at times can be quite big from her - i feel like she is doing somersaults. :shyxxx:
when i did my ultrasound scan, can see that my baby doing somersault lor. so cute.

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
newbie2009 said:
when i did my ultrasound scan, can see that my baby doing somersault lor. so cute.
Erm ... dun wanna be a wet blanket here, but I just thought you should know.
Where whole "somersault" type of movements are concerned, it's usually triggered by a high sugar input on your part (energy food) ... if such movements only happen during your ultrascan, then I suppose it's due to the doctor's instructions to load up on the sugar to stimulate such big movements.
However, if such movements happen more often than necessary, then you may wanna relook at your dietary plan ... you see, the more somersaults he do in there, the higher the chances of getting himself embroiled with the umbilical cord ... especially a problem when in the later stages of the pregnancy, where space in there becomes more confined.

yellowpudding said:
hahaha. those movements at times can be quite big from her - i feel like she is doing somersaults. :shyxxx:
During the 3rd trimester, my 2nd son ever did a yoga stretch with one of his foot ... such that my wife could feel that same foot sticking into her rib-cage from the inside, resulting in persistent chest pains & occasional breathlessness.
Yes, Siggi was strong alright ... his birth weight was an amazing 4.045kg!!
:brolleyes: :brolleyes:

newbie2009

Erm ... dun wanna be a wet blanket here, but I just thought you should know.
Where whole "somersault" type of movements are concerned, it's usually triggered by a high sugar input on your part (energy food) ... if such movements only happen during your ultrascan, then I suppose it's due to the doctor's instructions to load up on the sugar to stimulate such big movements.
However, if such movements happen more often than necessary, then you may wanna relook at your dietary plan ... you see, the more somersaults he do in there, the higher the chances of getting himself embroiled with the umbilical cord ... especially a problem when in the later stages of the pregnancy, where space in there becomes more confined.

During the 3rd trimester, my 2nd son ever did a yoga stretch with one of his foot ... such that my wife could feel that same foot sticking into her rib-cage from the inside, resulting in persistent chest pains & occasional breathlessness.
Yes, Siggi was strong alright ... his birth weight was an amazing 4.045kg!!
:brolleyes: :brolleyes:
Thank you for your advise. I will note on my sugar level. Btw in your view is yoga stretching really useful? did your wife benefit from it?

LoVeS

As correctly pointed out by some of you, pre-natal massages is strictly for the good of the mummy ... in fact, the really professional masseuse wun even wanna take your business unless you are in the latter stages of your pregnancy.

As for why the back-relief massages never even go near your lower back ... let's try to visualise this: your baby is submerged all this while in a barrel of water & whatever big movements you make is gonna cause discomfort, not unlike experiencing the rough seas.

I'm sure you'd think twice about letting a 3rd person rub your tummy, hubby definitely inclusive ... if you wanna let them "connect" with your baby, just make them place their palms on your tummy. All other movements, if any, should be made by your little one from the insides.

:wink: :wink:
actually i juz did my prenatal massage at a jamu beauty salon where they did massage my lower back~ In fact after they did, my lower back no longer feel painful anymore.

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
newbie2009 said:
VroomVroomBoys said:
Thank you for your advise. I will note on my sugar level. Btw in your view is yoga stretching really useful? did your wife benefit from it?
Think you got the wrong idea ... I was using yoga as a metaphor, to describe the unimaginably big movements my son made while in his mummy's tummy.

For the record, my wife was soooo heavy in both her pregnancies, she definitely did not do yoga then ... she is doing pilates these days to regain her shape though.

IMHO, I dun think it's wise to be attempting unnatural postures when you are pregnant ... if you wanna exercise, go for a slow swim or even do hydro-aerobics. :wink: :wink:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
LoVeS said:
actually i juz did my prenatal massage at a jamu beauty salon where they did massage my lower back~ In fact after they did, my lower back no longer feel painful anymore.
Sure ... but at what compromise to your little one?
But then again, with just 2 months to go, maybe your little one is not so little anymore inside ... so stirring up a storm of rough seas for him also not so easy lah.
:rofl: :rofl:

M&M

can still do yoga la. i did ask my gynae before. n there r plenty of ppl doing prenatal yoga. in prenatal yoga, knowing that we r pregnant, of cos we r not allowed/asked to do those unnatural postures. prenatal yoga r just simple n easy yoga(safe) to relax the body n mind. but then again. if u r worried. just go for daily walk, slow swim or aqua/hydro aerobics.

LoVeS, yr massue massaged yr lower back? r they qualified massue for prenatal massage or not? my massue was teaching another massue how to do prenatal massage n even stress many times that nvr ever massage the lower back n tummy wor...

newbie2009

can still do yoga la. i did ask my gynae before. n there r plenty of ppl doing prenatal yoga. in prenatal yoga, knowing that we r pregnant, of cos we r not allowed/asked to do those unnatural postures. prenatal yoga r just simple n easy yoga(safe) to relax the body n mind. but then again. if u r worried. just go for daily walk, slow swim or aqua/hydro aerobics.

LoVeS, yr massue massaged yr lower back? r they qualified massue for prenatal massage or not? my massue was teaching another massue how to do prenatal massage n even stress many times that nvr ever massage the lower back n tummy wor...
any place where i can do yoga?

LoVeS

Sure ... but at what compromise to your little one?
But then again, with just 2 months to go, maybe your little one is not so little anymore inside ... so stirring up a storm of rough seas for him also not so easy lah.
:rofl: :rofl:
is she wor~ :shyxxx:

LoVeS

They r frm a Jamu Wellness retail shop at jurong point which i tink should b qualified if nt how can they actually open such a shop rite? Sumore i aint the only mummy to do prenatal massage there~ If there is a prob then, sum1 would haf complain ~

M&M

They r frm a Jamu Wellness retail shop at jurong point which i tink should b qualified if nt how can they actually open such a shop rite? Sumore i aint the only mummy to do prenatal massage there~ If there is a prob then, sum1 would haf complain ~

Is it a new shop at Jurong Point? Haven been there since they open the new wing... should be qualified ba. ya. if there is a prob then someone will complain. do you intend to do postnatal massage?

M&M

any place where i can do yoga?

hmm.. u can try "mother & child" they are located at tanglin mall. trial is at $30 for 1 time. then after the trial if u like it then u sign for the package. they dun do hardselling there. so dun worry. ppl there r very friendly. oh! n u dun have to bring yoga mat at all. becos u will be doing yoga in a carpetted room.

newbie2009

hmm.. u can try "mother & child" they are located at tanglin mall. trial is at $30 for 1 time. then after the trial if u like it then u sign for the package. they dun do hardselling there. so dun worry. ppl there r very friendly. oh! n u dun have to bring yoga mat at all. becos u will be doing yoga in a carpetted room.
ok i will consider the mother & child as recommended by you. thanx for the tip.

LoVeS

Is it a new shop at Jurong Point? Haven been there since they open the new wing... should be qualified ba. ya. if there is a prob then someone will complain. do you intend to do postnatal massage?
Yupz it is located near Fish & Co at the 3rd floor ~ Nope i dun intend to do postnatal as i dun see the need n aso dun really like the oily feeling~

stonston

actually prenatal massage has benefits for the unborn child.
during massage, many things happen.
1. increased blood circulation which is good for the baby
2. increase in 'happy' hormones, in which will be passed to the baby

i din hv so much $$ to keep going prenatal massage but my hb helped by rubbing my back and feet b4 i sleep every nite, stroking my tummy and singing songs to baby. and my maid also helps prepare hot salt water to soak my feet.

i only had 1 session of prenatal massage done at my place when i was ard 7mths preggie. it was done by e postnatal malay massage lady. her massages were very nice. my main purpose at tt time was to see if i liked her and if i did, i was intending to book her for postnatal, which i eventually did and am very happy with her services :)

MizfitMumma

i din hv so much $$ to keep going prenatal massage but my hb helped by rubbing my back and feet b4 i sleep every nite, stroking my tummy and singing songs to baby. and my maid also helps prepare hot salt water to soak my feet.

i only had 1 session of prenatal massage done at my place when i was ard 7mths preggie. it was done by e postnatal malay massage lady. her massages were very nice. my main purpose at tt time was to see if i liked her and if i did, i was intending to book her for postnatal, which i eventually did and am very happy with her services :)
Hi, can I ask wat is d salt for in the hot water?

newbie2009

where did u do your prenatal massage?