sah jobs?

Ferline

Cold calling? Given a script and no list to do this job. Have a friend who needs help in such..

Interested, pls PM for details.. Tks! :001_302:
Aby ur PM full lei how ?? Anyway i'm interested can PM me the detail instead! Thx. :tlaugh:

jedamum

Re: Mummies who work from home..

mummies, how much per month do you work when you work from home and/or part time work away from home, to consider it worthwhile to work at all? and what benefits do you negotiate with your bosses then?
my ex-boss offering me part time lobang, and although i did work part time before, i may not be able to commit as much hours part time now so i am skeptical if it is worth the effort to travel to town to work a few hours a few times a week for that salary. and also, working from home, how does your boss assess the amount of hours you have committed and how are you paid then? by hour? by assignment?

TIA

Minami

Jedamum,
To me, i'm working 2 part time jobs - all accounting assignments & all paid by project basis. As such, i worked from home most of the time but still need to travel about twice a week out of home. I engage a maid to help me with baby and household chores.

To justify, my income must be more then or equivalent to cost of maid + baby expenses + my own travelling expenses + cover some of the utilities (work from home also means more utilities). That's how i gauge :001_302:

mcqueen

Jedamum,
To me, i'm working 2 part time jobs - all accounting assignments & all paid by project basis. As such, i worked from home most of the time but still need to travel about twice a week out of home. I engage a maid to help me with baby and household chores.

To justify, my income must be more then or equivalent to cost of maid + baby expenses + my own travelling expenses + cover some of the utilities (work from home also means more utilities). That's how i gauge :001_302:
Hi, Minami

I m worked as full time accounts job but quit after pregnant, thinking to get such part-time or freelance job like u but not easy to find, how u get it har? :embarrassed:

jedamum

Jedamum,

oic thanks. heehee..i got MIL to look after my baby if i go and work part time, so actually the additional cost incurred if i do part time is the travelling cost and mostly loss of my precious sleep time. the last time i did part time work, i slept at 2-3 am almost every weekday in order to meet deadline and also cos i can only start to work after my boys went to bed at 10pm.

M

^Mami_Jazz^

oic thanks. heehee..i got MIL to look after my baby if i go and work part time, so actually the additional cost incurred if i do part time is the travelling cost and mostly loss of my precious sleep time. the last time i did part time work, i slept at 2-3 am almost every weekday in order to meet deadline and also cos i can only start to work after my boys went to bed at 10pm.
then u must be getting nite shift pay which is abt twice the normal working pay :001_302: then consider worthwhile :tlaugh:

Daytime few hrs u must hide away fm kids, work in mac near ur place or library etc ...when Jerald is studying, u must be working part-time. When Jerald is out fm sch, u must be out fm work too :Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_wub: Very ideal rite ?? but difficult to work out wahahaha :shyxxx:

Minami

mcqueen,
really not easy to find, i realise that a lot of people started doing freelancing after a while. One way you can do is to write in with your resume to audit firms, some of them outsource their client's bookeeping needs to freelancers like us.

However i didn't get mine through them as i started out with doing it for my ex-boss and then through reccommendations from relatives and friends. :001_302:

Minami

oic thanks. heehee..i got MIL to look after my baby if i go and work part time, so actually the additional cost incurred if i do part time is the travelling cost and mostly loss of my precious sleep time.
I did consider that before, then i can save on maid's cost :p but my thinking was, she helped me while i go make money, not very nice to just use her FOC while i earn money :shyxxx:

On top of that, if i do pay her, isn't it better that i get a domestic helper to help me and at least i can use my precious hours to bond with my baby and i can take up assignment without the need to do precise time management comparing with IF i asked my MIL to help.

Minami

then u must be getting nite shift pay which is abt twice the normal working pay :001_302: then consider worthwhile :tlaugh:

Daytime few hrs u must hide away fm kids, work in mac near ur place or library etc ...when Jerald is studying, u must be working part-time. When Jerald is out fm sch, u must be out fm work too :Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_wub: Very ideal rite ?? but difficult to work out wahahaha :shyxxx:
haha not easy to manage time like that leh, think i'll die of exhaustion trying to plan and run so many errands :001_302:

mcqueen

mcqueen,
really not easy to find, i realise that a lot of people started doing freelancing after a while. One way you can do is to write in with your resume to audit firms, some of them outsource their client's bookeeping needs to freelancers like us.

However i didn't get mine through them as i started out with doing it for my ex-boss and then through reccommendations from relatives and friends. :001_302:

Thanks, Minami. I will try it after give birth. Sigh...full-time accounts job is too stress & nid to work late most of the time. I hope can spend more time with my kids lei. :001_302:

Pwiincess

Babysitting is a great idea!
Since you are already looking after ur own. Take another one and earn income =)..
I don't recommend MLM though.

Minami

Thanks, Minami. I will try it after give birth. Sigh...full-time accounts job is too stress & nid to work late most of the time. I hope can spend more time with my kids lei. :001_302:
totally agree. Full time accounts job too stressed and too time consuming, i.e. too much overtime. My ex-company was so heavily short handed that going home early is a luxury.

laika

I do part time accounts. I can bring them home to do but only have chance to do it in the middle of the night when the kids are asleep. Yes, it's quite tiring but at least I have my own money in case I want to spend.

vandia82

does doing part time accounting need certs in accounting to do? I only study basic accounting when i'm taking my marketing diploma. :/ Wonder can i also do some part time accounting?

If yes where to get such lobang? Or where can i get a accounting cert in the shortest time, in order to do part time?

jopeck

BMSG Moderator

I'm kinda working pt at home doing a biz opportunity program. Its one that has benefited me and now I'm kinda spreading the good news... earning a small allowance each month but am aiming for bigger things next year.

It really does take discipline and creative time management to be able to juggle all your responsibilities. But it can be done! I spend on the average of 1-2 hours a day on this. (not counting the times when I'm strategising about it in my head!) LOL

mcqueen

does doing part time accounting need certs in accounting to do? I only study basic accounting when i'm taking my marketing diploma. :/ Wonder can i also do some part time accounting?

If yes where to get such lobang? Or where can i get a accounting cert in the shortest time, in order to do part time?

hmm...i think past experience (handle full-set a/cs) is much much important than certs if u talking about freelance home-based job. Unless part-time job stay few hours in that company to assist partial set accounts...etc

Queen_Ranielle

hi vandia , i took LCCI complete book-keeping lvl 1 and 2 frm bmc . the course is about 3 mths.

Minami

hmm...i think past experience (handle full-set a/cs) is much much important than certs if u talking about freelance home-based job. Unless part-time job stay few hours in that company to assist partial set accounts...etc
i agree. Afterall, actual work is a lot different from the books. Studying will only provide you overall picture and concept, that'll make you understand more on what you are doing at work.