Thawed frozen breastmilk can refrigerate up to how many hours?

pinkDior

hi mummies,

sorry if this is a repeated question. i take my frozen ebm for thawing in the normal refrigerator and it normally takes about 12 hours for it to be fully thawed in the fridge. After being fully thawed, can this ebm be kept for another 12 or 24 hours?? some told me 12hrs, another told me 24hrs... confused...

camom

hi mummies,

sorry if this is a repeated question. i take my frozen ebm for thawing in the normal refrigerator and it normally takes about 12 hours for it to be fully thawed in the fridge. After being fully thawed, can this ebm be kept for another 12 or 24 hours?? some told me 12hrs, another told me 24hrs... confused...
I count from the time it thaws. However, rule of thumb is still to check if the smell n taste is off before you feed.

I'm also wondering...

but for me I count from the time take out from freezer and feed within 24hour lo..

ya, sometime it takes more than 12 hours to thaw, normally, let say one pack is 250ml, I will pour out those part already thawed one(let say 100ml), mix with fresh one.. then the balance(150ml) will take out and put in water to let it thaw faster before next feed.

The other way is fill the EBM to one pack that just enough for ur baby but will eat up lot spaces of ur freezer, also need a lot of bottles or milk bags..

Btw, would like to ask, will those milk stored at freezer have stronger milk smell compared to fresh one?

Last edited: