We are TTC-ing!

NTD- Neuro Tube Defect where the skull is not developing well...I take everyday right after that and until now..though no bfp..haha...I gained 2 kg within the first 11weeks! and the tummy stays till now! haha

Dragontail

HFA hugs. Been through that myself. But please don't think that it has anything to do with what we did (or did not do) . Fertilisation is a complicated science. Sometimes it just doesn't follow the right formula. And we know life has its way to purge the less ideal.

Nothing to do with non consumption of folic.

Btw what's NTD?

oh no I feel so depressed now. can someone confirm if opk+ and becomes - again, does it mean O has happened (given that BBT was not taken)? cos I was tracing back last month's record and found that my temp only increased 2 days after my +opk. and I hv been missing the right day to bd. cos I always bd on day of +opk and for the next 2 days my DH has got to "rest" so I always dun hv the after +opk days covered...sigh...

Dragontail

HFA actually you did it on the right day. It doesn't mean you should only bd on exact ovulation day because the swimmers also need time to travel up to your ovaries. The best is the spermies are waiting for the egg to pop rather than the egg wait for spermies to come fertilize her. Spermies can live in the tubes for few days. So imagine you bd only on ovulation day, might be too late.

A negative opk after a positive doesn't mean one has definitely oed. Yes a bbt should confirm o instead.

After my positive opk, I always o one or two days later. Think this is quite so for most ladies.

Dragontail

HFA girl spermies can last longer! Boy ones not so. My first bfp im very sure we bd many days before ovulation. And his SA ain't exactly fantastic. So anything can happen. If you can afford to only bd once, I find the the day of positive opk is the best.

My previous bfp, I bd on 31Oct and 3nov and got bfp on 20nov. I din take opk but I took bbt. My bbt spiked on 3nov. Do u think I got my bfp from 31oct or 3nov?
why I ask this is cos I couldn't understand whether I got preggy from bd-ing before O or after O. If I got preggy from 3nov then it means I shouldn't bd every time I c +opk! instead shld bd when I c bbt spike.

Dragontail

I think for that we will never know....but every bfp is different I guess.

Maybe next cycle you bd a day after positive opk? :)

mintminer

OPK n BBT difficult for people with difficulty in conceiving. I always have difficulty understanding. So glad I decide to stop both n go IVF.