NOC GANG - MAY crappy Talksssssssssssssssssssssssss

LETS VOTE FOR JUNE AVATAR THEME~~~~

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ting

Take it down one step at a time.

Go and get some quotes first.

For caterer for wedding, I like Mum's Kitchen. They rent out PA system and tables/chairs too but it's like subcontract out which means it will be slightly more ex to get from them. But then again, you're paying the extra for convenience rather than sourcing on your own unless you already have contacts.

I think doing ROM with garden wedding will be nice. I vote for ROM + garden wedding + customary together.

You can do the customary in the morning, then schedule the evening for ROM + garden dinner? Like, ROM can be at 5pm.. Then dinner starts at 6pm, just nice the sun is setting, romantic + not so hot.
customary is the jing chaa all these right??

actually i also considering mum's kitchen, cos i heard good reviews from the forum, but is it halal???
i hv muslim relatives lehs, thats a headache lorr..
hehe i tryin to convince my sis to get mum's kitchen for her buffet in the morning..

Ting

My wedding banquet $30k with 36 tables in 2006.
:err::err::err:
i only intend to get arnd 20 tables.
ytd me n KW agar agar count, we need arnd 22 tables.
haha mainly is relatives, my frens only need 2 tables, hahahahaha~ not intending to invite alot of ppl.

thepinkdot

actually i also considering mum's kitchen, cos i heard good reviews from the forum, but is it halal???
i have muslim relatives lehs, thats a headache lorr..
hehe i tryin to convince my sis to get mum's kitchen for her buffet in the morning..
mum's kitchen is non halal. u must find catering who does both halal and non halal i think. or rather no pork no lard.

shangri-laa is more high end one isit???
shangri-laa is abt 1k per table.

diymummy

i have muslim relatives lehs, thats a headache lorr..
I always cater from Mum's Kitchen. Yeah they are Halal. From my wedding to Ethan's 1st yr birthday, all is Mum's Kitchen. LOL! My office function also use Mum's Kitchen.

Ya.. Customary is jing chaa all those, fetch bride, play games at the door. LOL.

Before that is sending the dowry all these. You do together, less headache for you. Your jie mei also busy 1 day only. Save money also because if you ROM seperate, sometimes might need to have lunch for relatives for yi si yi si.

thats very cheap ~ mine was in 2006 too..

my wedding anniversary coming soon~ w00t.
Mine also in Shangri-La but it is in Sentosa. Kakakakakaka...

Think that time Rasa not doing very well and no one wanna hold wedding there.. SO their package was cheaper.

Ting

mum's kitchen is non halal. you must find catering who does both halal and non halal i think. or rather no pork no lard.

shangri-laa is about 1k per table.
headache, then i need to find one that is halal also.....
if not source for a halal caterer........... zzzz.

wahhh~ thats arnd the same as my da jie's. hers at hilton.

thepinkdot

I always cater from Mum's Kitchen. Yeah they are Halal. From my wedding to Ethan's 1st yr birthday, all is Mum's Kitchen. LOL! My office function also use Mum's Kitchen.

Ya.. Customary is jing chaa all those, fetch bride, play games at the door. LOL.

Before that is sending the dowry all these. You do together, less headache for you. Your jie mei also busy 1 day only. Save money also because if you ROM seperate, sometimes might need to have lunch for relatives for yi si yi si.

Mine also in Shangri- but it is in Sentosa. Kakakakakaka...

Think that time Rasa not doing very well and no one wanna hold wedding there.. SO their package was cheaper.
i didnt know mum's kitchen does halal food also!! LOL~ i ish very blur this morning. i mistaken mum's kitchen for mom's cooking.

everything one whole day is best..

pinkdiamonds' sister also had hers at rasa sentosa.. her wedding beach side.. HOT HOT HOT! lol.. everyone wanted to die coz it was noon time!

Ting

Mine also in Shangri- but it is in Sentosa. Kakakakakaka...

wahhh pheewwww~ yeah i will check their webby.
i also thinking if do seperate, though the expenses r spread out, but also dbl work n pay more too~
cos ROM sure need to hv a buffet lunch or something at least, like u mention, yisi yisi.

also got housing prob, IF we manage to get the BTO for punngol this time round, then worry that later reno also another killer.

n #2, we dont want too big an age gap from pin. planning is when pin arnd 5-6 yo then we hv #2 so age gap max 6-7 yrs.

Ting

i didnt know mum's kitchen does halal food also!! LOL~ i ish very blur this morning. i mistaken mum's kitchen for mom's cooking.

everything one whole day is best..

pinkdiamonds' sister also had hers at rasa sentosa.. her wedding beach side.. HOT HOT HOT! lol.. everyone wanted to die coz it was noon time!
i intend to hold in the evening bahs~
more lomantic~
u guys got watch the hong bai xi shi on channel 8?
the first series, they held at void deck, but make til damn nice.

diymummy

wahhh pheewwww~ yeah i will check their webby.
i also thinking if do seperate, though the expenses r spread out, but also dbl work n pay more too~
cos ROM sure need to have a buffet lunch or something at least, like you mention, yisi yisi.

also got housing prob, IF we manage to get the BTO for punngol this time round, then worry that later reno also another killer.
It depends on the furnishings that come with your flat.

I'm not sure what BTOs come with, if got tiles or what.. Mine was empty, cement floors + white walls so we have to do reno from scratch.

If yours has basic furnishings like tiles, just need to do basic reno. Furniture can slowly buy.

My reno from scratch was $30k (comes with kitchen cabinets, fixed in dining table, fixed in bed frame, tv consol, shoe cabinet). Plus electrician, few hundred. Curtains abt $1k (mine has day and night curtains). Lightings also abt $1k, coz the ID suggested we get those to fit his designs.. zzzz...

If you do fixtures like mine, you can save quite a bit on furniture.

thepinkdot

more lomantic~
you guys got watch the hong bai xi shi on channel 8?
this idea was from a few yrs ago.. one chinese couple did it in the void deck.. or those public empty space..

they decorated the whole area.. and then have it there.. very very chio! newspaper had the photos.

diymummy

more lomantic~
you guys got watch the hong bai xi shi on channel 8?
My house there malay weddings horr... Like so grand dee lorr.. LOL. Got like chandelier and all those. Very nice. But 1 thing is hot even in evenings.

diymummy

is the food good? i might cater for my girl's first month celebration.. abit headache coz all for one muslim colleague.
I like Mum's Kitchen laa. Hehehe... I think their food is nice.

For Ethan's first birthday, we did the BBQ buffet from them and they sent their people down to BBQ for us. But we must pay laa.. We paid for 1 guy, they sent 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.