Edd Nov 2010

Juz17

how come all your baby are so co-operative and you ladies already know the gender :(

I think talking to baby helps...
B4 my last gynae appt, my hubby told my bb to guai guai, let me see yr gender so we can buy stuff for u...then next morning, my turn to tell baby the same thing...and my bb really guai guai...his position is face up somemore.... :Dancing_tongue:

Little BB

went vivo on friday..hoping to get some maternity clothes...and was surprised to find them so expensive... a working pants can easily cost $165 before discount and the sale person really cannot make it... ask her what are the measurement like and she immediately took out the XL for me to try :S (dont think i look that fat) so i downgrade to L size myself but still i find it too big before adjusting the elastic band... anyway the shopping experience at that shop izzt pleasant so i walk out without buying ...

so where do you ladies buy your clothes ? BTW i dont like dress so only pant and blouse :p
Hi PTB7476,

I agree most maternity clothings are really expensive, working pants at least $50 plus and above. Came across one website where the working pants price range between $36-$42, but I'm not sure about the quality though.

Just came back from Hong Kong, so happy because I bought quite alot of cheap maternity clothings over there. :001_302:

PTB7476

Hi PTB7476,

I agree most maternity clothings are really expensive, working pants at least $50 plus and above. Came across one website where the working pants price range between $36-$42, but I'm not sure about the quality though.

Just came back from Hong Kong, so happy because I bought quite alot of cheap maternity clothings over there. :001_302:
Lucky u. I went hk last year end no excuse for me to go again haha anyway will continue to look around else no choice have to bite the bullet and buy haha

PTB7476

Ladies any idea how many time we need to upgrade our wardrobe haha bought some comfy pants and wondering shld I buy more :p but worry I may out grown them in no time :p

MargaretB

Hi MargaretB,

I heard if you crave for potatoes during your pregnancy your baby will be a boy. Not sure how true...But I've a colleague who also craved for Mac fries when she was pregnant, her baby is a boy. Let us know when you know the gender of your baby. :001_302:
Hi Little baby,

I just found out my baby's gender when i went for check up yesterday, and true enough, is a boy! but i no longer craving for Mac Fries already... and always lost appetite..

MargaretB

Ladies any idea how many time we need to upgrade our wardrobe haha bought some comfy pants and wondering shld I buy more :p but worry I may out grown them in no time :p
I don't know.. that's why until now i am still wearing my daily clothes, but choose not those tight ones.. my pants i cant fit in anymore, my sister did pass me some so i am currently wearing those given by her. i only top up few shirts currently =)

PTB7476

Hi Little baby,

I just found out my baby's gender when i went for check up yesterday, and true enough, is a boy! but i no longer craving for Mac Fries already... and always lost appetite..
let's see whether mine is true too :D during 1st trim i tend to crave fast food including fries :D

but mine have to wait til 20wks scan cos BB kept crossing leg and use hand to cover:err:

MargaretB

let's see whether mine is true too :D during 1st trim i tend to crave fast food including fries :D

but mine have to wait til 20wks scan cos baby kept crossing leg and use hand to cover:err:
ur baby so cute!!! and shy~~ use hand to cover!! so cutee!!!!!!

Yeah yeah.. at least once a week that time!! fast food..!!! ^_^

don't worry, u try to talk to ur bb, to be guai guai so that can know the gender during that scan. i did that to my bb too (follow what Juz17 did :Dancing_wub:)

i talked to him a night b4 and that morning too.. my boy the whole night keeps moving n starts kicking me early in the morning b4 i went to KK for the detailed scan. guess he's gan cheong too. haha

Last edited:

PTB7476

your baby so cute!!! and shy~~ use hand to cover!! so cutee!!!!!!

Yeah yeah.. at least once a week that time!! fast food..!!! ^_^

dont't worry, you try to talk to your baby, to be guai guai so that can know the gender during that scan. i did that to my baby too (follow what Juz17 did :Dancing_wub:)

i talked to him a night before and that morning too.. my boy the whole night keeps moving n starts kicking me early in the morning before i went to KK for the detailed scan. guess he's gan cheong too. haha
yah the fast food is scary... pple 1st trimester lose weight due to vomiting etc...and for me actually gained weight !!! really need to control my diet cos gynae say my weight is abit too much

hahaha...ok will try that ...

i wonder what happen if by 20th scan still dunno the gender hahaha

Little BB

Hi Little baby,

Hahaha....hmm interesting to know that...Congratulations!!! :Dancing_tongue:

PTB7476:
Do share with us when you know the gender of your baby. :001_302:

Btw I cannot fit in most of my pants/skirts, so I kept them away. I think its good to buy some maternity clothings at different stages.

I was also advice by my friend to buy more of top and bottom maternity clothings than to buy maternity dresses. She commented on this bec she has 2 colleagues who are preganant at the same time. She observed that the one who wear 2 piece maternity clothing looks more vibrant compared to the other one who wears maternity dress.

Well I guess its up to individual preference, but for me I think comfort is still most important.:001_302:

PTB7476

Hahaha....hmm interesting to know that...Congratulations!!! :Dancing_tongue:

PTB7476:
Do share with us when you know the gender of your baby. :001_302:

Btw I cannot fit in most of my pants/skirts, so I kept them away. I think its good to buy some maternity clothings at different stages.

I was also advice by my friend to buy more of top and bottom maternity clothings than to buy maternity dresses. She commented on this bec she has 2 colleagues who are preganant at the same time. She observed that the one who wear 2 piece maternity clothing looks more vibrant compared to the other one who wears maternity dress.

Well I guess its up to individual preference, but for me I think comfort is still most important.:001_302:
i will ... but that will have to wait til next month detailed scan :tlaugh:

i never like dress so no issue :tlaugh:
for me, i am buying them in phrase :tlaugh:
1st trim i have upgraded my wardrobe once ...now 2nd trimester upgrade again but now it is maternity stretchable pants and those stretchable tops :001_302: ...hopefully it can last abit longer :tlaugh:

eurostar

time flies and nov is coming..........aqua aerobic at KKH is great although I feel 1st lesson a bit slow, maybe to me as I have a dancer background :)
but less 3 getting a higher impact....

everyday I can feel baby kicking, the feeling is so great

just to check with you girls who's going to look after baby if both of you are working:

1. parent or parent-in-law ? provided they stay with u or stay very near u....cannot be bring baby up every morning travelling from east to west for me,at least
2. employ a maid?
3. send to infant care?

PTB7476

time flies and nov is coming..........aqua aerobic at Kandang Kerbau Hospital is great although I feel 1st lesson a bit slow, maybe to me as I have a dancer background :)
but less 3 getting a higher impact....

everyday I can feel baby kicking, the feeling is so great

just to check with you girls who's going to look after baby if both of you are working:

1. parent or parent-in-law ? provided they stay with you or stay very near you....cannot be bring baby up every morning travelling from east to west for me,at least
2. employ a maid?
3. send to infant care?
for me, send to my parent cos we live nearby ..and only when my mom cant managed both my kid and my nephew then will employ a maid and park her at my mom's place at least my mom is there to supervise the maid
.. i never like sending kids to infant care and i also not comfy leaving the kid at home with maid alone...you never know what the maid will do

eurostar

for me, send to my parent cos we live nearby ..and only when my mom cant managed both my kid and my nephew then will employ a maid and park her at my mom's place at least my mom is there to supervise the maid
.. i never like sending kids to infant care and i also not comfy leaving the kid at home with maid alone...you never know what the maid will do
the problem is we are not staying near parents, if driving up and down might be siong in long term....

headache....

christine77sg

eurostar>> Hw abt leaving baby at parents pl during wkdays nite as well? Bring hm only on Friday nite n for the wkends lor. Given the choice, personally I also don't lik the idea, but still I feel it is better than the other choices.

Btw, anyone used or heard abt Babyplus prenatal education system? Any feedbacks?

PTB7476

another option is look for babysitter near your place ...at least u get to see the BB on weekday night and your parent/in law at their age no need to wake up in the middle of the night to feed the baby

Edwinie

eurostar>> Hw about leaving baby at parents pl during wkdays nite as well? Bring hm only on Friday nite n for the wkends . Given the choice, personally I also dont't lik the idea, but still I feel it is better than the other choices.

Btw, anyone used or heard about Babyplus prenatal education system? Any feedbacks?
My younger sister was babysitted by my aunt since she was born. My parents only bring her home on Friday night and bring her back on Sunday night. This is absolutely horrible experience. As most of the time is spent with my aunt and her family, weekends seem like a torture to her as my parents seem to be strangers and our home environment is different from what she is used to 5/7 of her time. She cries in the middle of the night and my parents can't calm her down. I think for infants it's fine but as he/she goes into toddlerhood and becomes more aware of their surroundings, it might not be a good idea. Just based on my personal experience.