EDD Sep 2010

nightingale

Hey by the way, mummies who are using the yaolan stand (those on wheels), please be cautious. A friend of mine shared that when her baby used that and by the time she was around 5-6 months old, she could squirm hard enough for the whole thing to topple over - scary leh! So need to be careful okay?

Fiona73

Hey by the way, mummies who are using the yaolan stand (those on wheels), please be cautious. A friend of mine shared that when her baby used that and by the time she was around 5-6 months old, she could squirm hard enough for the whole thing to topple over - scary ! So need to be careful okay?
Ya. Must change to full frame type once the baby is getting heavier.

mrs_eg

Hi welcome Erin07! Never too late to join in the chatter~ we're a talkertive bunch haha! But realised that I've not been able to check in here as regularly as during the confinement month - more to keep us busy these days! :)

I'm bringing my girl for her 6-in-1 jab tomorrow - was planning to bring her to the paediatrician but is it cheaper to do it at a GP? Someone suggested the polyclinic as well, but I dont't think I wanna queue for it with baby in my arms. :S
Ya... I also find that im getting busier... Busy entertaining the little one... Hahaha... But sep2010 mummies certainly are a highly interactive bunch!

Nightingale, if im not wrong pd need to pay consultation fees on top of vaccine... My gp jus charge the vaccine... I duno abt other gp though...
Btw, polyclinic hav express queue for infants.. So dun worry abt the queing part... :)

raine

hi all mummies !
i don't know why somehow my account got kicked out. ;p
hows everybody?

my girl now drinks 120ml of goats formula milk. as i have no more supply of breastmilk. :(
my lil princess jus went to the heart cardiac the hole in her heart is big enough to cause a problem and the doctor says to observe her another 6 more weeks with stronger dosage. if after 6 weeks still the same. most likely have to undergo operation.
hope everything is fine. :wong19:

gnaf21

I'm bringing my girl for her 6-in-1 jab tomorrow - was planning to bring her to the paediatrician but is it cheaper to do it at a GP? Someone suggested the polyclinic as well, but I dont't think I wanna queue for it with baby in my arms. :S[/QUOTE]

For polyclinic, babies below 6 mths have priority hence you will be first in the queue esp if your polyclinic is in area with no much babies.

However seems only NHG have 6 in 1, Singhealth poly are 5 in 1.

Did you let her drink pao shen before going? My mom told me to let him drink 1 to 2 sips so he will not get fever. Still deciding if I should let him drink anot..

gnaf21

Thanks all for the reply! I will wait for 2 mths then take baby to inject then instead of bringing him at 1 mth to take hep b. Anyone got price diff btw PD and polyclinic?

GP seems about the same as polyclinic in terms of experience. GPs don't even see babies much everyday and GP near my place have long queues. Deciding btw a PD and Polyclinic. PD more detailed during developmental assessment but more ex, was thinking sick then see PD, vaccines go polyclinic since quite standard.

Nightingale:
Polyclinic can use CDA to pay for 6 in 1 and medisave to pay for pneumoccal.

i read that they will ask you if you want to take pneumoccal another day or the same day. Some mothers prefer same day since one time settle but others prefer it seperate days as they don't want baby to be pierce twice in a day.

lekdao

I'm bringing my girl for her 6-in-1 jab tomorrow - was planning to bring her to the paediatrician but is it cheaper to do it at a GP? Someone suggested the polyclinic as well, but I dont't think I wanna queue for it with baby in my arms. :S
For polyclinic, babies below 6 mths have priority hence you will be first in the queue esp if your polyclinic is in area with no much babies.

However seems only NHG have 6 in 1, Singhealth poly are 5 in 1.

Did you let her drink pao shen before going? My mom told me to let him drink 1 to 2 sips so he will not get fever. Still deciding if I should let him drink anot..[/QUOTE]

Alot of elderly fed the baby with bao shen 1 day b4 bring them to take jab. I did not do that for my elder kid, and she is fine with all the jabs.

lekdao

Thanks all for the reply! I will wait for 2 mths then take baby to inject then instead of bringing him at 1 month to take hep b. Anyone got price diff btw pediatrician and polyclinic?

GP seems about the same as polyclinic in terms of experience. GPs dont't even see babies much everyday and GP near my place have long queues. Deciding btw a pediatrician and Polyclinic. pediatrician more detailed during developmental assessment but more ex, was thinking sick then see pediatrician, vaccines go polyclinic since quite standard.

Nightingale:
Polyclinic can use CDA to pay for 6 in 1 and medisave to pay for pneumoccal.

i read that they will ask you if you want to take pneumoccal another day or the same day. Some mothers prefer same day since one time settle but others prefer it seperate days as they dont't want baby to be pierce twice in a day.

My gal PD only pierce once even when she taking 3 jabs, the PD will just need to change the syringe for the next jab.

But i do see some PD pierce once every jab, one on the left, and one on the right.

hello nightingale,

how did your daughter's jab went?

my daughter just had her jab last saturday. we brought her to the paediatrician and she took the 6-in-1.

nightingale

hello nightingale,
how did your daughter's jab went?
my daughter just had her jab last saturday. we brought her to the paediatrician and she took the 6-in-1.
Thanks for asking! :) Just took her 6-in-1 this morning - aiyo so heartpain for mummy haha - now monitoring her, hopefully she will not develop a fever. Is it 37.5 degrees and above for babies, same as adults? Forgot to ask my doctor just now. How did your little girl do?

Oh ya decided to get the jab at the pediatrician's afterall.. I enquired at the polyclinic and found that there was not much difference in the cost; also prefer the more personalised attention at the pediatrician's cos she also did her routine check for Cheyenne as well, not just administer the jab. Good to know that baby's doing ok in terms of her growth, average percentile compared to her peers. :) Nearly 5kg! As heavy as a bag of rice haha!

Last edited:

Erin07

Hi hi... Im the kind that cant express much out from pumping, but baby better off with direct latch on... just that my gal hav to latch on often though...

Maybe you try massaging your boy's arm while breastfeeding to prevent him frm falling asleep?
Thanks for your suggestion :) will give a try :) I always tok to him or pat him hand/buttock if he show sign of dozing off but dont always work.

How long does your gal usually latch on for??

Currently, my boi is drinking 150ml formula so whenever I BF him I will go as long as 1hr but recently he will cry after that. Wondering if I am producing enough for him.

Will continous latching really help to increase the supply??

gnaf21

Thanks for your suggestion :) will give a try :) I always tok to him or pat him hand/buttock if he show sign of dozing off but dont always work.

Currently, my boi is drinking 150ml formula so whenever I BF him I will go as long as 1hr but recently he will cry after that. Wondering if I am producing enough for him.

my friend told me to feed baby one side and pump the other at the same time. it will increase the let down and produce more. My breast pump too noisy so I did not do it cos scared affect bb's hearing. But I do notice more frequent letdowns compared to pumping alone.

Erin07

my friend told me to feed baby one side and pump the other at the same time. it will increase the let down and produce more. My breast pump too noisy so I did not do it cos scared affect baby's hearing. But I do notice more frequent letdowns compared to pumping alone.
I hope the supply can increase eventually. My bb fall catch cold recently, hopefully drinking more BF can better build up his immune system.

nightingale

Ask you something mummies - did you buy any insurance policy for your little one? Wondering what kind of coverage will be useful to get.

lekdao

At this moment, get the basic like accident and hospitalization first. U never know what will happen (touch wood). Like my elder gal, on CNY eve midnight had a fall and cut his forehead near the eyebrown. Send her to Parkway East hospital immediate, after check gotta stitch - cost $3k plus. Lucky got accident plan help us to cover the cost.

The rest can slowly discuss with your partner what and the budget allocat.

mrs_eg

Dun pat... Such rythmic patting will activate his snooze button... Massage will b better... Though it dun 100% work...

She drinks both breast within 30mins - 40mins... As they grow older they will bcome more efficient in drawing out milk frm mother's breasts.... I once read in somewhere... Babies sucking more than 40mins isnt really feeding anymore... They are sucking for comfort... Too long on the breasts also not good.... Will get sore nipple...

Not continuous latching on... But frequent latch on will stimulate more milk production.... Try not to give formula if u can...
Are u able to squeeze out milk after feeding ur baby? If so then u still hav milk!!! :)

dl28

hello mummies.

my dear gal is unwell. had teary eye and started sneezing. brought her to gp and my hard luck..that dam idioitic gp said that she had allergies such as sensitive nose. i asked him a few times was he sure. he then asked if one of us suffer from sensitive nose. i told him we both have and he said well your gal has that to.

he then gave medication..she started sneezing even more in the night..i had no other choice and gave her the medication..
my dam luck, next morning, she had chesty cough, teary eyes and she was so sick. brought her to pediatrician. The doctor there was really good. he checked her throughly and said that she has throat infection, and phlegm in her. but thank god it has not gone into her lungs ..if not if will be dangerous for a young baby.
i showed him the medication..he was pissed off and said babies should not be given such medication. they are too young. and also she does not have bloody allergies.. i started tearing and blaming myself for her state....i am so dam angry with the gp..i really feel like going there and slapping him so hard that he will medication..

i pray that she will recover and not turn for the worse. i am monitoring her.

pardon my histeria..i needed to scream somewhere..

lekdao

hello mummies.

my dear gal is unwell. had teary eye and started sneezing. brought her to gp and my hard luck..that dam idioitic gp said that she had allergies such as sensitive nose. i asked him a few times was he sure. he then asked if one of us suffer from sensitive nose. i told him we both have and he said well your gal has that to.

he then gave medication..she started sneezing even more in the night..i had no other choice and gave her the medication..
my dam luck, next morning, she had chesty cough, teary eyes and she was so sick. brought her to pediatrician. The doctor there was really good. he checked her throughly and said that she has throat infection, and phlegm in her. but thank god it has not gone into her lungs ..if not if will be dangerous for a young baby.
i showed him the medication..he was pissed off and said babies should not be given such medication. they are too young. and also she does not have bloody allergies.. i started tearing and blaming myself for her state....i am so dam angry with the gp..i really feel like going there and slapping him so hard that he will medication..

i pray that she will recover and not turn for the worse. i am monitoring her.

pardon my histeria..i needed to scream somewhere..

Well, take this as a learning experience. If your gal feel unwell (touch well) bring her straight to PD instead of GP. This is what i did, whenever they are unwell or seem to hv phlegm (scare most), i immediately bring them to see PD to confirm. The PD will give my kid a good check and advise accordingly, the best i like abt this PD is anti medicine PD. hahaha

dl28

Well, take this as a learning experience. If your gal feel unwell (touch well) bring her straight to pediatrician instead of GP. This is what i did, whenever they are unwell or seem to have phlegm (scare most), i immediately bring them to see pediatrician to confirm. The pediatrician will give my kid a good check and advise accordingly, the best i like about this pediatrician is anti medicine pediatrician. hahaha
ya..it was a learning experience:embarrassed:.. i had to bring her to gp as the pd was on leave..and the pd was also anti medication.. he gave her herbal medication. no more gp!!!!!!!!

gnaf21

Thanks for asking! :) Just took her 6-in-1 this morning - aiyo so heartpain for mummy haha - now monitoring her, hopefully she will not develop a fever. Is it 37.5 degrees and above for babies, same as adults? Forgot to ask my doctor just now. How did your little girl do?

Oh ya decided to get the jab at the pediatrician's afterall.. I enquired at the polyclinic and found that there was not much difference in the cost; also prefer the more personalised attention at the pediatrician's cos she also did her routine check for Cheyenne as well, not just administer the jab. Good to know that baby's doing ok in terms of her growth, average percentile compared to her peers. :) Nearly 5kg! As heavy as a bag of rice haha!
How much was your jab? Total cost? Did you take pneumoccal together or seperate. Anyone know why polyclinic needs to take hepb 2nd dose even though already taking 6 in 1. PD no need. Does this mean PD dosage is lesser? Less protection? Rotavirus is oral in PD but injection in poly.

So many variations. Confused!