EDD Sep 2010

Jaslyn288

Dl28, dont be too hard on yourself, just dont go to that gp anymore. Is your little one ok now?

Nightingale, can share your pediatrician's contact and address? I'm thinking of changing pediatrician, my current one is at paragon, she's good but I feel it's a little costly after seeing your pediatrician's charges. My pediatrician charges $150 for each 6-in-1 jab, not inclusive of consultation which is $60. Thus each visit will set me back by $210 already! Furthermore cannot claim medisave/cda. So I'm considering whether to bring my girl back at 2 months.

How are all your little darlings doing? My girl at 1 month already 4.875kg, now when we go out me and her daddy have to take turns carrying her, cannot take it! Haha..

Btw any mommies who are giving your babies fm only? My girl at 7 weeks is drinking 170ml every 2 hours, it seems like a lot to me..
hello hello.. my PD also frm Paragon, level 13 de.. he is pretty good.. payment can use CDA.. mine will b taking 5-in-1 in dec.. hee~~

wow~~ 170ml.. mine still at 125-130ml every 3-4 hrs (EBM sometime latch).. she is turning 8wks tis sunday.. time filies.. she is abt a small pkt of rice now.. lol

mrs_eg

Wow, 170ml every 2 hours! Mine seems to be cutting back on her appetite a bit, still taking around 120ml every 3-4 hours. My girl is on about half formula, half ebm (alternate feeds). She poops around once a day, but yes, the quantity is quite massive haha! Sometimes almost afraid of bringing her out if she hasn't pooped for the day, lol!

By the way, have you started bringing your little ones out to shopping malls etc? How's the experience so far? :D
Mine smtimes poo once but averagely abt 3 times daily... Her poops are explosive and loud... Maybe Cos on total BMilk... And she mostly poo during the day... And I wear her in cloth diapers during the day... Hahaha more work!!!! But compare to cleaning her in the middle of the night when Im half awake... And risk having too much motion will wake her n thus she wont slp...Think I'd rather wash the diapers....

I went vivocity b4... Wana shop also difficult... Though being out does stimulates her quite a bit... She will look here and there... But...My gal wont sit in the stroller for long... And cries to be carried... When she is hungry.... She was crying all the way to the nursing room... Aiyo I tell u!!!! Duno how to describe the experience... Moreover im w my parents!!! Cannt imagine if im alone?! How to shop!?!?!

Haiz i think i need more practice...

Last edited:

Jaslyn288

By the way, have you started bringing your little ones out to shopping malls etc? How's the experience so far? :D
Yup.. I have brought her to neighbourhood shopping malls, haha.. always fall asleep when we reached... brought her to one bday party and one baby shower.. (touchwood) she is well behave... hahahaa... shhhhh.... =p

Jaslyn288

Mine smtimes poo once but averagely about 3 times daily... Her poops are explosive and loud... Maybe Cos on total BMilk... And she mostly poo during the day... And I wear her in cloth diapers during the day... Hahaha more work!!!! But compare to cleaning her in the middle of the night when Im half awake... And risk having too much motion will wake her n thus she wont sleep...Think I'd rather wash the diapers....

I went vivocity before... want to shop also difficult... Though being out does stimulates her quite a bit... She will look here and there... But...My gal wont sit in the stroller for long... And cries to be carried... When she is hungry.... She was crying all the way to the nursing room... Aiyo I tell you!!!! dont know how to describe the experience... Moreover im w my parents!!! Cannt imagine if im alone?! How to shop!?!?!

sigh i think i need more practice...
maybe u wanna try baby carrier.. she will be at ur chest, will feel more secure..

Erin07

Not sure about pain like needle-pokes, you might want to ask your gynae or GP for a review?

And yes, hubbies are good for such things! The last time I squeezed his hand was during my contraction pains in the delivery suite, hee hee!
Ya that time forget to ask her during the post natual check up.

Haha ya during my delivery my hubby get so excited that he squeeze my hand even harder haha..

Erin07

By the way, have you started bringing your little ones out to shopping malls etc? How's the experience so far? :D[/QUOTE]

My baby likes to slp whenever we bring him out haha guess he like the pushing motion when on his pram. He can slp the moment we step out till the moment we reached home..abt 4-5 hrs w/o waking up for his feed.

Btw do u all wake ur bb up for feeding??

mrs_eg

maybe you wanna try baby carrier.. she will be at your chest, will feel more secure..
Ya... Will try tat... But if wana have meals how? Bring both stroller and carrier out??

Btw Ive been thinking... If im alone... Stroller plus diaper bag plus baby in carrier.... How to go toilet ah?!?!

gnaf21

I see you're staying in the west? So am I! My pediatrician is Dr Anne Chong of Anne's Baby & Child Clinic. Address is 214 Jurong East St 21 #01-433, 600214, Singapore. Tel: 65667216. Been to her 3 times so far, she isn't the PR type who will chit-chat, but if you go with questions she will answer them. Her checks are rather thorough as well. What I like is that it's easy to find parking there - right at the clinic's doorstep. You can use the CDA at her clinic.
? :D
nightingale, did u take pneumcoccal? any reason for not taking?

nightingale

Ya... Will try that... But if want to have meals how? Bring both stroller and carrier out??

Btw Ive been thinking... If im alone... Stroller plus diaper bag plus baby in carrier.... How to go toilet ?!?!
If alone with baby in a stroller, can use the handicapped toilets? That's what I plan to do haha! I know there is one cubicle at the Wisma basement toilet that is bigger then the rest, enough to fit a stroller in.. but not all toilets have this feature la. This kinda limits where we wanna go shop - really must choose those baby-friendly places! Even their car parks are a consideration!

nightingale, did you take pneumcoccal? any reason for not taking?
I didn't take the pneumococcal shot - apparently this is for when kiddo is slightly older? That's what I was told at the clinic. I've been reading a bit on vaccinations and getting a bit concerned about over-vaccinating our kids - there's another school of thought that is anti-vaccinations, quite scary to read their views. Now a bit confused whether we are doing the right thing or not. Not sure how reliable the source, but take a look:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/11/03/hepatitis-b-vaccines-at-birth.aspx

Last edited:

mrs_eg

If alone with baby in a stroller, can use the handicapped toilets? That's what I plan to do haha! I know there is one cubicle at the Wisma basement toilet that is bigger then the rest, enough to fit a stroller in.. but not all toilets have this feature . This kinda limits where we wanna go shop - really must choose those baby-friendly places! Even their car parks are a consideration!

I didn't take the pneumococcal shot *- apparently this is for when kiddo is slightly *older? That's what I was told at the clinic. I've been reading a bit on vaccinations and getting a bit concerned about over-vaccinating our kids - there's another school of thought that is anti-vaccinations, quite scary to read their views. Now a bit confused whether we are doing the right thing or not. Not sure how reliable the source, but take a look:

The Dangers of Hepatitis B Vaccines in Infants
Ya! Y didnt I think of handicapped toilets??? you are right.. I guess it is time to research on which shopping malls are baby friendly....*

Btw...
My GP told me that pneumococcal has already been listed together with the rest of the routine vaccines... No longer under the optional portion...

Can view info here:
Children Immunisation, Vaccination, Childhood, Vaccine, Singapore - Routine Vaccines

Frm the above article it says "MOH's Expert Committee on Immunisation (ECI) has recommended that PCV be included into the National Childhood Immunisation Programme from 2009"

Yeah, ive also read about the controversy over the "over-immunised" part... One of the vaccines apparently is "suspected" to be linked to Autism... Although they say they hav yet to research more on it........*

I got a friend who, becos of the controversy... Decided to postpone certain immunisations until her child is older....

ah.bee

Thanks for sharing nightingale! I will probably try ur pd for baby's 2nd mth visit. Paragon is too far and too ex man, haha. And yes I stay in bukit batok :)

Btw do u mommies have any preferred diaper brand esp for night use? We were using pampers, but I find that it's no good for long use. Baby's mattress and top would be wet when she wakes in the morning! Also there was once we brought her out in her stroller, and when we carried her 3-4 hours later it was dripping urine! My goodness. Looks like pampers not so premium after all. Then we bought huggies s size and it seems abit small for her at the tummy area. Wanted to buy huggies m size but there are so many different kinds! In the end we bought mamy poko instead, so far so good, but I dun like that the side adhesives are not stretchable. Hmm.. Any recommendations?

Fiona73

Ya... Will try that... But if want to have meals how? Bring both stroller and carrier out??

Btw Ive been thinking... If im alone... Stroller plus diaper bag plus baby in carrier.... How to go toilet ?!?!
Went shopping with sling. Just need to release e sling for her feed, use e excess cloth of the sling as cover. Sling her on left so can eat with right hand. Use single hand to remove pant when my nature call. I juz need to bring a little pouch for her diaper n wipe. So quite easy when on the move. Dun really fancy stroller especially when e place is pack.

gnaf21

If alone with baby in a stroller, can use the handicapped toilets? That's what I plan to do haha! I know there is one cubicle at the Wisma basement toilet that is bigger then the rest, enough to fit a stroller in.. but not all toilets have this feature . This kinda limits where we wanna go shop - really must choose those baby-friendly places! Even their car parks are a consideration!

I didn't take the pneumococcal shot - apparently this is for when kiddo is slightly older? That's what I was told at the clinic. I've been reading a bit on vaccinations and getting a bit concerned about over-vaccinating our kids - there's another school of thought that is anti-vaccinations, quite scary to read their views. Now a bit confused whether we are doing the right thing or not. Not sure how reliable the source, but take a look:

The Dangers of Hepatitis B Vaccines in Infants
Yes I was reading this forum. HEnce I am in a dilemma. Quite scary. I am even thinking of postponing the MMR to 2 years. Still thinking if go PD or Poly cos Poly seperate the shots but PD take all at one shot.

Pneumoccocal quite unsure because scared if got the sickness is worst. So I asked you to see if you got some reason not to take it since I see you never take.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/1524014.html?1249560265

nightingale

Thanks for sharing nightingale! I will probably try your pediatrician for baby's 2nd month visit. Paragon is too far and too ex man, haha. And yes I stay in bukit batok :)

Btw do you mommies have any preferred diaper brand esp for night use? We were using pampers, but I find that it's no good for long use. Baby's mattress and top would be wet when she wakes in the morning! Also there was once we brought her out in her stroller, and when we carried her 3-4 hours later it was dripping urine! My goodness. Looks like pampers not so premium after all. Then we bought huggies s size and it seems abit small for her at the tummy area. Wanted to buy huggies m size but there are so many different kinds! In the end we bought mamy poko instead, so far so good, but I dont like that the side adhesives are not stretchable. Hmm.. Any recommendations?
You're welcome! There's another Dr Heng Joo Teck (or fondly known as Dr Lucky) of Kidslink, also in Jurong East, but I haven't tried him yet although I've read some good reviews. If you do try this doctor do share your experience!
Blk 353, Jurong East St 31
#01-111, Singapore 600353
(Opposite Chinese Garden MRT)
Tel : 6567-5600

I'm using Pampers - although it is mostly soaked through in the mornings, it's still better than some others I've tried like Huggies and Drypers. Huggies gave my girl rashes in the first 2 weeks of use, so I stopped. For Drypers I don't like the sticky tape, very hard to remove. Also the elastic around the thighs seem rather tight for my girl, maybe I have gotten too small a size, cutting appears to be smaller than Pampers.

Bee - maybe can check the way you are diapering your girl? Pampers shouldn't leak so easily - my confinement lady taught us to remember to pull out the frilly parts around the thigh areas, otherwise leakage will occur, which happened to me before (and it wasn't pee that leaked!). Or perhaps your girl is just peeing quite a lot, in which case any brand diaper also will need to be changed more frequently I think!

Heard recommendations of other brands like Mamipoko and Petpet, but don't dare to try anymore because of previous experiences with the other brands. So sticking to Pampers now, but it's strenuous on the pocket!

Last edited:

nightingale

Yes I was reading this forum. HEnce I am in a dilemma. Quite scary. I am even thinking of postponing the MMR to 2 years. Still thinking if go pediatrician or Poly cos Poly seperate the shots but pediatrician take all at one shot.

Pneumoccocal quite unsure because scared if got the sickness is worst. So I asked you to see if you got some reason not to take it since I see you never take.

http://www.doesnotwork.com/forumboard/messages/36738/1524014.html?1249560265
Yes yes I was reading this thread as well. Wonder if we ask the pediatrician what would their stand be? If our pediatrician supports vaccinations, one might wonder whether their motive would be to make more money? Or can we really trust their judgement? Worse is when different pediatricians have different views - who do we listen to and upon what basis do we decide?

Maybe we can write in to MOH to enquire. Then again I think we are likely to get quite standard replies - i.e. whatever is listed as compulsory we should send our kids for those vaccines.

Sigh - sometimes it doesn't help to know too much. Yet we don't want to just blindly follow whatever the majority is doing without understanding the risks. Just pray hard that our babies will be okay.

gnaf21

Yes yes I was reading this thread as well. Wonder if we ask the pediatrician what would their stand be? If our pediatrician supports vaccinations, one might wonder whether their motive would be to make more money? Or can we really trust their judgement? Worse is when different pediatricians have different views - who do we listen to and upon what basis do we decide?

Maybe we can write in to MOH to enquire. Then again I think we are likely to get quite standard replies - i.e. whatever is listed as compulsory we should send our kids for those vaccines.

Sigh - sometimes it doesn't help to know too much. Yet we dont't want to just blindly follow whatever the majority is doing without understanding the risks. Just pray hard that our babies will be okay.
Yes I also think not good to read too much. After I read this forum, I am totally confused.

the disease itself is as worrying. Don't take vaccine, worry. Take already also worry. Haha...

if don't take vaccine, then have to hide baby at home, cannot bring him out for swimming etc cos will scared this scared that...so also very troublesome..

baby need to go childcare later also then not vaccinated also like abit dangerous...

lovemk87

You're welcome! There's another Dr lucky Joo Teck (or fondly known as Dr Lucky) of Kidslink, also in Jurong East, but I have not't tried him yet although I've read some good reviews. If you do try this doctor do share your experience!
Blk 353, Jurong East St 31
#01-111, Singapore 600353
(Opposite Chinese Garden MRT)
Tel : 6567-5600

I'm using Pampers - although it is mostly soaked through in the mornings, it's still better than some others I've tried like Huggies and Drypers. Huggies gave my girl rashes in the first 2 weeks of use, so I stopped. For Drypers I dont't like the sticky tape, very hard to remove. Also the elastic around the thighs seem rather tight for my girl, maybe I have gotten too small a size, cutting appears to be smaller than Pampers.

Bee - maybe can check the way you are diapering your girl? Pampers shouldn't leak so easily - my confinement lady taught us to remember to pull out the frilly parts around the thigh areas, otherwise leakage will occur, which happened to me before (and it wasn't pee that leaked!). Or perhaps your girl is just peeing quite a lot, in which case any brand diaper also will need to be changed more frequently I think!

Heard recommendations of other brands like Mamipoko and Petpet, but dont't dare to try anymore because of previous experiences with the other brands. So sticking to Pampers now, but it's strenuous on the pocket!

mamipoko is good as well & i love the diaper design winnie the pooh so cute. my boy using petpet in daytime and mamipoko in night time. i usually change to mamipoko at 12am it can last till the next day 8am+ when he wake up.

Last edited:

mrs_eg

Thanks for sharing nightingale! I will probably try your pediatrician for baby's 2nd month visit. Paragon is too far and too ex man, haha. And yes I stay in bukit batok :)

Btw do you mommies have any preferred diaper brand esp for night use? We were using pampers, but I find that it's no good for long use. Baby's mattress and top would be wet when she wakes in the morning! Also there was once we brought her out in her stroller, and when we carried her 3-4 hours later it was dripping urine! My goodness. Looks like pampers not so premium after all. Then we bought huggies s size and it seems abit small for her at the tummy area. Wanted to buy huggies m size but there are so many different kinds! In the end we bought mamy poko instead, so far so good, but I dont like that the side adhesives are not stretchable. Hmm.. Any recommendations?
Im using huggies s size on my gal now... So far so good... It's been my major brand since her birth...

Tried drypers b4... Dislike the tape and it leaks...
Mamy poko is great.... But ex...
So stick to huggies at the moment...

I guess this is very individual... Some ok with certain brand some not... I guess it is the same as us ladies n sanitary napkins... Im sure we all hav out different preference... So u hav to try yhe brands n judge if it suits ur baby's size, shape, skin etc.

:)

Erin07

Hi mummies, does your babies use their tongue to push the lower gum??

Recently, I notice my baby has been doing that. At first I thought he is just playing with his saliva but now it has become more frequent and I'm abit worry..