EDD March 2011

mummyhu

Dear mtbs,

Just went for my 35 th week check-up today... Baby is doing fine and weighs 2.8kgs now, according to Gynae is of a good size :)
Baby is 4/5 engaged... :D
Apparently the sharp pains that I experienced at my vaginal area indicated that Baby's head was getting engaged...

Gynae says baby may be ready to be out in end Feb...

When will the rest of you be starting your maternity leave?
For myself, this is my last week at work :)
Woohoo! 4/5 is quite a lot. My gynae is on leave so I only get to c him this fri. Wonder wat he will say,excited. Previously He did say my placenta is aging (calcifying) so I can't go past my due date. Hope no need to induce as labor cud b longer

evie

Woohoo! 4/5 is quite a lot. My gynae is on leave so I only get to c him this fri. Wonder wat he will say,excited. Previously He did say my placenta is aging (calcifying) so I can't go past my due date. Hope no need to induce as labor cud b longer
How will the gynae know that the placenta is aging ? did he run any tests ?
Looking on the bright side, it means you will get to see ur little bundle of joy soon! :D

mummyhu

How will the gynae know that the placenta is aging ? did he run any tests ?
Looking on the bright side, it means you will get to see your little bundle of joy soon! :D
Can see from the scan. white spots on the placenta. means baby will not get all the nutrients it needs from the placenta so thats why will have to come out early.

My feet have swollen quite a bit argh! even my slippers are tight! thankfully its my last wk of work. i have 3 weeks of leave to clear anyway, before my maternity leave.

shandy83

hi mummy to be..

i went to my gynae on 12th feb and she told me baby head is already engaged. my initial due date is 6th march.

any idea how long will it take for baby to come out since head is engaged??

gynae is like if by next visit (19th feb) bb still not out, we got to discuss on induce cuz bb weight abt 3.1kg already..

mummyhu

hi mummy to be..

i went to my gynae on 12th feb and she told me baby head is already engaged. my initial due date is 6th march.

gynae is like if by next visit (19th feb) baby still not out, we got to discuss on induce cuz baby weight about 3.1kg already..
first time babies head engage ard 36 wks and doesnt mean will come out already, i read in this article.
When should my baby's head engage?

tutumoon

gynae says baby is still too small.. im currently at 36th week already n baby is just 2.2kg.. my EDD is 9mar n gynae says may have to early deliver like this weekend cuz incase baby not enuff nutrients...
any advise??

evie

hi mummy to be..

Hi Shandy :)

Are you experiencing regular contractions yet? or perhaps any other early signs that signal the possibility of labour??

evie

Can see from the scan. white spots on the placenta. means baby will not get all the nutrients it needs from the placenta so thats why will have to come out early.

My feet have swollen quite a bit argh! even my slippers are tight! thankfully its my last wk of work. i have 3 weeks of leave to clear anyway, before my maternity leave.
hi mummyhu,

do try to get more rest before ur little one arrives :D
finally, I am on leave already... can get more rest le...

pkshl

my EDD is end march but im having discomforts like backaches on off, breathless, fainting spells, mild contractions & going to toilet very often like every 10-15mins, wondering is my gal sitting on my back or bladder area, at night cant sleep well cos baby kicks are strong den morning wake up feeling like a zombie & very very tired...+ my no.1(20mths) is always fussing & crying on off, difficult to take care...sometimes so worried waterbag burst @ work(touchwood!)...

...im wondering should i take maternity leave earlier...

Last edited:

mummyhu

hi mummyhu,

do try to get more rest before ur little one arrives :D
finally, I am on leave already... can get more rest le...
hi evie, good to know u can finally rest. at first i thought i didnt need the rest and could work till 39wks but at a time when work is getting more stressful i think its better to just chill. afterall, i read somewhere that a stressed out MTB can have a baby who is difficult to settle!

mummyhu

my EDD is end march but im having discomforts like backaches on off, breathless, fainting spells, mild contractions & going to toilet very often like every 10-15mins, wondering is my gal sitting on my back or bladder area, at night cant sleep well cos baby kicks are strong den morning wake up feeling like a zombie & very very tired...+ my no.1(20mths) is always fussing & crying on off, difficult to take care...sometimes so worried waterbag burst @ work(touchwood!)...

...im wondering should i take maternity leave earlier...
wow that sounds quite bad. with your first child it was better? i have felt all of those symptoms but not all the time and not all together, everyday is something different. max out your allowable mc days first b4 taking ur ML lah! prolonged stress isnt good so take a little breather if you can. so easy to get mc as a preggo.

hi mummy to be..

gynae is like if by next visit (19th feb) bb still not out, we got to discuss on induce cuz bb weight abt 3.1kg already..
I go for pro natural and if you want baby to come out soon, walking helps a lot. I know it's hard to move nowadays but even I try to walk as much as I can despite the backache & leg cramps. Just think of it as an exercise. But if your gynae says you have to be induced soon due to your baby's weight, try to discuss with him the pros and cons of inducing, and do take note that having an induced birth is much more painful. Talking to the baby helps also. For me my belief is, if it's time for baby to come out already, it will happen even without those medications and so.

pkshl

wow that sounds quite bad. with your first child it was better? i have felt all of those symptoms but not all the time and not all together, everyday is something different. max out your allowable mc days first b4 taking ur ML lah! prolonged stress isnt good so take a little breather if you can. so easy to get mc as a preggo.
yes, pregnant with my 1st child was better, i didnt ve MS then. no wonder people always tell me every pregnancy is different.

ya, prolong stress is no good. maybe i should take ML earlier. i juz came back from leave yesterday & my work already piling up!

Last edited:

mummyhu

Me! :D When im about 34weeks, i already started drinking, one coconut per week.
When im 37weeks, then i will increase to 2 coconut per week :))

how bout you?
i only started drinking the can one, young coconut juice. but i suppose i should be drinking the fresh one. NTUC sells it right? Where do you buy yours?

kaitokane

i only started drinking the can one, young coconut juice. but i suppose i should be drinking the fresh one. NTUC sells it right? Where do you buy yours?
Yeah, i think better drink the fresh one. i bought mine at NTUC, sweet and nice. hahahas.. Go ntuc buy, cheap also :))

evie

I am drinking 2 coconuts a week... very cooling and refreshing :p
I tried the ones at NTUC and found the coconuts rather "old"
My hubby managed to get some from the market, cheaper and the coconuts were definitely younger and sweeter... :D

^definitely way better to buy at market than at NTUC. hubby normally buys for me at tampines round market, their fresh pineapples are also good!

jespang

Hi gals, today is my last day at work. Getting more n more anxious, keep asking my girl when she is arriving to this world..hehe.. anyway, I m almost done with all my baby's stuffs including chest drawer and bath tub. Now left some more stuffs to buy for myself. My mum told me must wear long pant and top and slippery at home. Hv to buy big pails to store boiled water. She said after delivery all cleaning including washing legs and hands must use boiled water (after cooling off). Cannot use tap water... :err:.. Anyway, there alot of things to do and follow during the confinement.... cant do this n cant do that...wonder if I can tahan or not??

Gals, just ask if any suggestions for babay's full month celebration.. I dont intend to order buffet at home cos still need to clean up the whole hse thereafter. Any good venue(s) or restuarants to recommend?