EDD May 2011

lsy

True true. Sometimes I cab take an hour when milk flow slow:(

I was kept up all night by cranky girl who refused to sleep till 4am. Now tired but feeling better. Cos hubby woke up early in the morning to hang clothes ha
Alone really difficult to pump le. Could not relax like chasing time like that. Hardly get letdown. Breast still not very empty after 30mins pump. Was aiming to feed all ebm today at 3 hr interval to see how much my girl drinks. Dunno if I can pump 3 hourly too.

May be i am abit lucky, my husband helped me when he is home, feed her, play with her, and also change diaper untill her last feed before the long sleep.. he will put her to sleep too, then i rest early.. usually i will do the early morning feed as i need to pump milk.Weekend , my husband will help to take care the baby and i can be more relax.. i got a maid , so she is doing the housework core. But sometimes my husband will let the maid take over and he will do his own thing.. My husband has more patient than me , hahah
We co sleep with baby , we put her two bolster beside us, so she has her own territory. My husband will snor very loud, and i always kick him from the other side , so he will stop.. hah so far baby sleep better between us..

lsy

May be i am abit lucky, my husband helped me when he is home, feed her, play with her, and also change diaper untill her last feed before the long sleep.. he will put her to sleep too, then i rest early.. usually i will do the early morning feed as i need to pump milk.Weekend , my husband will help to take care the baby and i can be more relax.. i got a maid , so she is doing the housework core. But sometimes my husband will let the maid take over and he will do his own thing.. My husband has more patient than me , hahah
We co sleep with baby , we put her two bolster beside us, so she has her own territory. My husband will snor very loud, and i always kick him from the other side , so he will stop.. hah so far baby sleep better between us..
U have a very involved hubby. Congrats

whomovedmycheese

Alone really difficult to pump le. Could not relax like chasing time like that. Hardly get letdown. Breast still not very empty after 30mins pump. Was aiming to feed all ebm today at 3 hr interval to see how much my girl drinks. Dunno if I can pump 3 hourly too.
What if your girl cries after 2 hours?

One of my friends is looking after her baby alone and feeding her baby ebm. I was thinking perhaps she pumped after feeding her and she fall asleep.

lsy

What if your girl cries after 2 hours?

One of my friends is looking after her baby alone and feeding her baby ebm. I was thinking perhaps she pumped after feeding her and she fall asleep.
Actually if on ebm most probably they won't cry because hungry coz we know exactly how much they taking. Unless is growth spurt then feed ebm a little more I guess.
But if on demand latch will have this problem coz we do not know how much she took. Someone told me even latching u can train ur baby to be scheduled so that when u r back to work easier for babysitter. Baby will soon learn if they dum drink enough from ur breast now she will only get her next feed in 3 hrs. Something like that.

whomovedmycheese

Actually if on ebm most probably they won't cry because hungry coz we know exactly how much they taking. Unless is growth spurt then feed ebm a little more I guess.
But if on demand latch will have this problem coz we do not know how much she took. Someone told me even latching u can train ur baby to be scheduled so that when u r back to work easier for babysitter. Baby will soon learn if they dum drink enough from ur breast now she will only get her next feed in 3 hrs. Something like that.
Wow ok. I will still try to latch my baby every day at least once. Getting lesser and lesser already. :(

lsy

The amount of milk my baby can drink is not really fixed. Sometimes she can finish 120ml and still screaming for more.
Perhaps she's having growth spurt. Previously my girl drinking 100 every 2.5 hr.
Her 80ml sometimes finish at 1 feed sometimes split into 60+20 in the next 45 mins.

whomovedmycheese

How long is ur feeding session? Mine about 10-15 mins
Mine most of the time is very long. Like 45 min or so. She takes her own sweet time. Btw, I think the reason why my baby don't want to latch on is coz my milk flow too fast for her. And nowadays she seems to either have forgotten how to suck when latch on or that she's too lazy.

lsy

Mine most of the time is very long. Like 45 min or so. She takes her own sweet time. Btw, I think the reason why my baby don't want to latch on is coz my milk flow too fast for her. And nowadays she seems to either have forgotten how to suck when latch on or that she's too lazy.
Usually if letdown fast flow is caused by oversupply. I encountered that when I pumped a lot. As baby grow older they learned to handle the fast flow now and since I only latch for the last 2 weeks I think my supply balancing with her intake already.
45 mins to drink from bottle is too long. U may wanna consider testing with level 2 teats.

whomovedmycheese

Perhaps she's having growth spurt. Previously my girl drinking 100 every 2.5 hr.
Her 80ml sometimes finish at 1 feed sometimes split into 60+20 in the next 45 mins.
Mine also split some times. Though she might drink 120ml, I think she only drink about 7 times in a day. Her timing is quite erratic. O ya, am going to give her the earliest pack of milk and see if she can accept. The smell is really yucky. Hopefully she's ok. So far she's ok with milk from the start of July and somewhere end of June.

Hi my baby is 2 month 1 week old, so drinking 80 ml for 3 hours is normal? she dropped from 120ml to 80 ml, sometimes 100ml. she only has 6 feeds for 24hours... don't know is it too little
Before the 6 weeks grow spurt, she used to drink 100ml.
i m still using 0-6 mth nuk s size teats, seems still ok

Last edited:

lsy

Mine also split some times. Though she might drink 120ml, I think she only drink about 7 times in a day. Her timing is quite erratic. O ya, am going to give her the earliest pack of milk and see if she can accept. The smell is really yucky. Hopefully she's ok. So far she's ok with milk from the start of July and somewhere end of June.
Really taste different arr? Wonder how my 1st pack taste like. That's mid of June. Between 6-8 times a day is normal right. Mine bout 7 feed too. But drinking lesser than ur girl.

whomovedmycheese

Really taste different arr? Wonder how my 1st pack taste like. That's mid of June. Between 6-8 times a day is normal right. Mine bout 7 feed too. But drinking lesser than ur girl.
Taste don't know.. smell.. smells different from fresh milk. Lol.. She has drank it but don't know if she is really ok or not. Coz nowadays, she always drink very slowly for her feeds.