EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Dilys

Hey girls!

I just wanna check.. is it compulsory that we need a car seat for kids when we are bringing the baby back home? I heard that some hospitals dont allow the parents to leave with their babies if they dont have car seats.. True?
Hi dear ,

This is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard ... Hospital don't allow the parents to leave with babies if they don't have car seats??? Haha I won't think the hospital will bother abt such stuff! What if a family driving lorry, pickup or van or even taking a bus or mrt back ?

If hospital r concern... They will most probably charge u with a fee in ur hospital bill on private transportation by them to send u back. Furthermore , after discharge i don't think they encourage u to leave ur baby (who is just a few days) old in the car seat on the car.. Usually someone will hold on to the baby. Even though it's a car seat... It might not be totally 100% to a just few days old newborn!

Dont worry!! Hospital don't have the right to stop u Frm bringing back ur baby!!

Gracecwz

Hmmm, your clinic should have told you of any package when u started seeing them. Anyway, my package ($400 i think) started some time around 18 or 20 weeks, I forgot. I had to pay the full sum which includes ultrasound and consultation. So every visit just pay for the vitamins.

My clinic is 'gynae health clinic for women'. Located near to Koran mrt. Went there since my sis in law went there too.

Btw, when is your edd and where are u delivering? :)
Oh.... $400 package is cheap leh...

climsp

Hmmm, your clinic should have told you of any package when u started seeing them. Anyway, my package ($400 i think) started some time around 18 or 20 weeks, I forgot. I had to pay the full sum which includes ultrasound and consultation. So every visit just pay for the vitamins.

My clinic is 'gynae health clinic for women'. Located near to Koran mrt. Went there since my sis in law went there too.

Btw, when is your edd and where are u delivering? :)

$400 is cheap. how much u pay for the vitamins??
i pay $650 but include vitamins.

Gemini11

$400 is cheap. how much u pay for the vitamins??
I paid 700( exclude gst, if include ard 800) n does not include vit. I just realise in their leaflet they say include but every visit they ask me to pay for my vit... Which cost 40+. Gonna ask them y

climsp

oh better ask!
my package onli include iron, calcium. for fish oil is additional $30. so i just need to pay for the fish oil every visit.

cupcakemum

The vitamins cost $10 each time. Maybe cos I only get 1 type of vitamins, which is a red tablet. My gynae doesn't believe in taking other vitamns besides the one he provides. He said insufficient studies to support if omega 3 really helps the baby.. But I'm a little kiasu, so I take additional prenatal vitamins and omega 3.. Both from gnc

$400 is cheap. how much you pay for the vitamins??

Last edited:

Rukia

All along my doc only gave me fish oil and folic acid as supplements. No iron, no calcium, no vitamins. Wonder why. Maybe cos I am big sized so should have enough stored for the baby..keke

Sweetoothz

Mine charge $1k including delivery and check ups. n i recently found out that it includes vitamins! damn wasted man.. anw the tablets given has got all the essential vitamins in it like vit A,C,D,E,Bs,CALCIUM, IRON, ZINC, FOLIC ACID etc.. but i abit kiasu n buy axtra folic acid from Guardian also.. hehhee

abt the car seat thingy, i think no lah cz if dun have then we carry them also cannot meh? still not safe bah?
anw i was told that those delivering at GlenE have limo service to bring them home n is part of the package stay..

climsp

Mine charge $1k including delivery and check ups. n i recently found out that it includes vitamins! damn wasted man.. anw the tablets given has got all the essential vitamins in it like vit A,C,D,E,Bs,CALCIUM, IRON, ZINC, FOLIC ACID etc.. but i abit kiasu n buy axtra folic acid from Guardian also.. hehhee

abt the car seat thingy, i think no lah cz if dun have then we carry them also cannot meh? still not safe bah?
anw i was told that those delivering at GlenE have limo service to bring them home n is part of the package stay..
$1k including delivery, check ups and vitamins?? tat very cheap lei. mine natural delivery is $800, visit after labour i forgot how much.

Meilynn

$1k including delivery, check ups and vitamins?? tat very cheap lei. mine natural delivery is $800, visit after labour i forgot how much.
I m paying the following
- $700/- (b4GST) for the gynae package
- Abt $60/- for the monthly supplement (Fish Oil, Iron & Calcium)
- Normal Delivery btw $1.2k to $1.7k

Seems like mine very expensive le

Gemini11

I m paying the following
- $700/- (b4GST) for the gynae package
- Abt $60/- for the monthly supplement (Fish Oil, Iron & Calcium)
- Normal Delivery btw $1.2k to $1.7k

Seems like mine very expensive le
Im paying ard tt price also. Looks like ours is damn ex

Sweetoothz

my gynae might b cheap but the other expenses like not only.. plus he is very brief. my check up usually takes like half n hour n i'll be out of the clinic already. the other time i ask for the breakdown of charges expected n here's the breakdown:

pead. charges - $200-$300
epidural (opt) - $700
daily gynae visit during stay in hosp aft delivery - $100/day

this is all i can remember for now...